It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Impulse 2 RTW Flight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Good Morning everyone

This morning marks the start of Solar Impulse 2's round the world flight.

Over the next five months, it will skip from continent to continent, crossing both the Pacific and Atlantic oceans in the process.

Andre Borschberg was at the controls of the single-seater vehicle as it took off at 07:12 local time (03:12 GMT).

He will share the pilot duties in due course with fellow Swiss, Bertrand Piccard.

The plan is stop off at various locations around the globe, to rest and to carry out maintenance, and also to spread a campaigning message about clean technologies.

You can follow the aircraft in real time here Link

God bless and god speed to them on this epic journey.

Another step forward in tech and with a bit of luck a new world rercord

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Preparation favours the brave...Sunny days and favourable winds to them.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I really hope they succeed, and they have good security measures around the plane when they land in some of these countries. A lot of people would love to see this succeed, but a fair share of people hate anything to do with clean energies. Good Luck

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: murlock

Cool but......Useless. This is a rich mans hobby and cure to boredom. The only use for this is surveillance or weapons platform. Other than that what is the use............

I see......ego and bragging rights. Rich men with toys and nothing better to do. And before you say research I am sure they have that covered 100 other ways and this is not needed.
edit on 9-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

join