It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I spied the all-seeing eye in Church.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: daaskapital
It is actually a Christian symbol which represents the trinity and the all seeing eye of God, as far as i remember.

en.wikipedia.org...

Adopted by Christianity(Catholicism), but goes directly back to Egypt, and probably much older.

ETA: Oops. Didn't see IndependentOpinion's post. My bad.

I addressed this problem with IndependentOpinion. Perhaps i didn't make myself clear enough, and that is my fault.

I know that the all seeing eye goes way back. I know it was adopted by Christianity. What i meant to say is that this specific all seeing eye (as seen in the photo), is generally regarded as a Christian symbol, regardless of the all seeing eye's origins. You get where i'm coming from? The all seeing eye has many forms, and this one was adopted and used by Christianity, which therefore makes this specific adaption a recognised Christian symbol.

I edited my original post to reflect my intended points.
edit on 8-3-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I would say Catholic symbol rather than Christian. Catholics use a lot of ancient Egyptian symbols.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Yes, it is probably the best book information wise I have read. A "must read".

If you only have time to read one new book this year, this is the one.

edit on 8-3-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Thank you for the pic and taking the time to post it.

Christianity and Catholicism are not synonymous.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Thank you for your input, I am going to order it now.

ETA: Should have it by Thurs., thanks infolurker

edit on 3 8 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

This specific symbol is actually a Christian one which represents the trinity and the all seeing eye of God, as far as i remember.

en.wikipedia.org...

I've heard that, but it seems a bit off. I saw one of these eyes in an ancient cathedral in Guatemala and it threw me off too.

Why would a famous freemasons symbol also be a church symbol?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Christianity and Catholicism are not synonymous.

Of course. Just like every denomination is not entirely synonymous with one another.

Catholics share many of the same fundamental beliefs as other Christians, so i include them under the Christianity umbrella. After all, if it wasn't for the Catholic Church, Christianity wouldn't be where it is today.

Regardless of these disputes and the historical aspects of religion and the all seeing eye, we can safely say that the specific icon in the OP is regarded by many to be representative of the trinity and the eye of god.

That's my point, and i won't be repeating it again.

edit on 8-3-2015 by daaskapital because: clarification

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

This specific symbol is actually a Christian one which represents the trinity and the all seeing eye of God, as far as i remember.

en.wikipedia.org...

I've heard that, but it seems a bit off. I saw one of these eyes in an ancient cathedral in Guatemala and it threw me off too.

Why would a famous freemasons symbol also be a church symbol?

The Freemasons had (have) their own versions too. Perhaps some lodges also include the one we see in the OP, but i don't have an answer for that as i am not a Freemason.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The way I always see something is like this:

A Lie doesn't become Truth,
Wrong doesn't become Right,
and Evil doesn't become good,
just because it's accepted by a majority.

~Rick Warren ~

edit on 8-3-2015 by IndependentOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I'm not going to assume that the symbol in perspective here is evil..or good,the fact is it could follow an evil cult,or the fact is it's original ideology could have been meant for good beliefs,Honestly i am no expert but the eye nor the tip of the pyramid are illuminated,so I am going with that they are "not" in fact related to the illuminati/freemasons.And also the fact being that illuminati/freemasons are not the only group in present to the past that have used this symbol.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
While suffering through another round of Church today
Why do that to yourself then?
I don't go to any church and I certainly wouldn't start just because everyone else does.
It reminds me of living on Koh Lanta (island off Thailand) and all the 'Muslim' lads I was partying with would trot off to the morning call to prayer even though none of them believed in any god. Even crazier was that I was partying with them drinking alcohol while they were all doing amphetamine because the village elders couldn't smell it like booze.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Not an issue, my friend. I do indeed see your point. I just had one of those moments where I was thinking to myself about all the adoptions made by Judaism and Christianity of prior cultural and doctrinal beliefs. The Abrahamic religions are so historically eclectic, it amazes me that I never picked up on it as a Christian. Just goes to show you, we easily blind ourselves to what we don't want to see.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archemedes9999

I'm not going to assume that the symbol in perspective here is evil..or good,the fact is it could follow an evil cult,or the fact is it's original ideology could have been meant for good beliefs,

I share that perspective..

Although I do suspect that those in the upper echelon of the Catholic Church embody evil.

I was just a bit surprised as I'd never seen it in any of the Christian or Catholic churchs I've visited.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Was it supposed to be sideways or is that just because you held your camera/phone sideways and did not rotate it 90 degrees before uploading it?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: Tucket
While suffering through another round of Church today
Why do that to yourself then?

I just go on behalf of my girlfriend..

Normally it isnt so bad as we usually go in the evening. However, there was a requirement to be there bright and early this morning.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Gutted for you mate, lol ...good find with the eye though, creepy as, but I guess it's meant to represent 'God's all seeing eye' or something

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Was it supposed to be sideways or is that just because you held your camera/phone sideways and did not rotate it 90 degrees before uploading it?

The phone was straight up. I tried transfering the pic from my phone to my computer first. I guess thats where it rotated for some reason.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Yes relationships are all about sacrifice, am I right? A good one, at least, has to be. In order to share your time, space and energy with another human amicably, some sacrifices must be made. I'm not sure how Catholic church is, but when I used to go, it did not really bother me That much. Were there other things I'd rather be doing? Yeah, because I don't believe you have to travel to a building called a church in order to worship god or have a relationship with god or be spiritual and explore your spirituality or be closer to god. But by the time I got through it, I usually felt pretty good inside. Probably because I have a strong sense of empathy, and everyone was always happy and smiling at the churches I went to, and it seemed to have a way of rubbing off on me. People always seemed really eager to listen to anything you had to say, and I guess maybe because it was Sunday and they were in church, they all had their "nice mode" turned on so their brain wouldn't allow them to be mean to anyone for most of the day, while they were in cburch and extending out a few hourz or so before and after... I guess god watches you more closely on Sunday, the Sabbath Day. Or was that Saturday...?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Im a non-denominational Christian, so I dont participate in the Catholic experience. I've never seen the All Seeing Eye of the Osirian Trinity at any church I have been to, but I will tell you with conviction that the second I do, I will make a 180, walk out the front door, dust the soles of my shoes off and leave. Aside from the Greek Alpha and Omega letters, there really should be no glyphic symbols in any church. We are told not to make a carved image of anything beneath the heavens or the sea. I dont even keep a crucifix.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion

Actually it has its origin in Masonry, not Christianity

actually a lot of Christians in the north eastern USA still refer to Heaven as God's Providence.

en.wikipedia.org...

First Baptist Church in America, founded 1638, present building occupied in 1776, is the oldest Baptist congregation in America

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 8-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join