It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to charge democratic Senator Menendez of New Jersey with corruption

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. federal authorities are set to bring criminal charges against New Jersey Democratic Senator Robert Menendez, CNN reported on Friday.

Menendez allegedly used his Senate office to push the business interests of a Democratic donor and friend in exchange for gifts, CNN said.

Link

Is this a surprise? Menendez is a Democrat but he's one of Obama's biggest critics on things like illegal immigration and sanctions on Iran. He was just in a heated meeting at the White House before Obama announced his plans for immigration. Is it a coincidence that one of Obama's biggest critics on the Democrat side is now facing corruption charges?

Listen what Menendez just said last month about Iran.

Sen. Bob Menendez is known as a Democrat who is loyal to his party – he vehemently defends colleagues, the party’s policy positions, and he is one of the most prolific fundraisers in Congress.

And that is why when – during a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing on Wednesday on Iran – Menendez voiced pointed criticism of President Barack Obama’s opposition to his bill calling for tougher sanctions, it made headlines.

Menendez, who is the ranking Democrat on the committee, said: “The more I hear from the administration and its quotes, the more it sounds like talking points that come straight out of Tehran. And it feeds to the Iranian narrative of victimization, when they are the ones with the original sin.”

latino.foxnews.com...

Yesterday, Menendez led the charge to give Obama more space to deal with Iran and now he's facing charges from the Feds.

Democrats Hand Obama a Break on Senate Review of Iran Deal

President Barack Obama received a reprieve on Wednesday from Democrats who back legislation allowing Congress to review a nuclear deal with Iran when they decided to withhold their vote until after this month’s negotiating deadline between the two nations.

The measure by Sen. Robert Menendez of New Jersey and eight other Democrats, as well as independent Maine Sen. Angus King, essentially holds up a bipartisan attempt to demand congressional approval of any agreement that would lift sanctions against Iran, The New York Times reported.

www.newsmax.com...

Of course there's no connection (insert sarcasm).
edit on 6-3-2015 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

A Democrat? Corruption? Say it isn't so.

You're probably right about it being an issue because Obama doesn't like him, that makes sense, otherwise I don't even see why this would be news...

I feel the same way about the Hillary email scandal, all of a sudden people care about Democrats being corrupt? I guess if Obama doesn't like them than it matters

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Another fine example of selective prosecution of political dissenters by this administration.

He has been great in the hearings, btw.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
When will H. Clinton be charged for corruption in her handling of Benghazi? When will she be charged for corruption in regard to the recent mishandling of email correspondence?

She won't be. Menendez probably upset someone in the Obama administration for getting along with C. Christie. It's funny how things are only investigated and charges brought to further personal and political agendas.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

The case against the powerful lawmaker, years in the making, comes at a sensitive time for Menendez -- and the Obama administration. Menendez has been a leading critic of the direction of current diplomatic talks with Iran over its nuclear program, and has helped draft legislation meant to check the administration's power to negotiate a deal.
DOJ reportedly preparing criminal charges against
Sen. Menendez

-
OPINION: An Observant ... Observation.

edit on 6-3-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

This is a quite a bit of assumptive reasoning on your part. Though I think it is funny that even when a Democratic Senator gets popped for corruption, people like you have to find some way to hold Obama accountable. Is it possible for something to happen in this country that ISN'T Obama's fault?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
S/F.Just saw this on yahoo.If all the corrupt pols in DC got busted for corruption we wouldn't have any.And that may not be a bad thing considering.
edit on CSTFripm5261 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You never cease to entertain me ATS. We constantly hear on here from members that every politician is corrupt. Now that one is actually being charged with corruption people are trying to claim that he's innocent and that the only reason the DOJ is going after him is because he butt heads with Obama. Let me guess Bob McDonnell was also actually innocent but he was convicted because he was a Republican.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Exactly can we all just unite and poke fun at an idiot senator who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar? We all know they have it there anyways. It's always fun to watch one go down.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This makes it quite clear that the NWO/Obama Administration is extremely jealous and won't hesitate to take prisoners and make sacrifices.

Very selective as usual.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne

The case against the powerful lawmaker, years in the making, comes at a sensitive time for Menendez -- and the Obama administration. Menendez has been a leading critic of the direction of current diplomatic talks with Iran over its nuclear program, and has helped draft legislation meant to check the administration's power to negotiate a deal.
DOJ reportedly preparing criminal charges against
Sen. Menendez

-
OPINION: An Observant ... Observation.

Exactly!!

Some people act like Obama is pure as the driven snow and any suggestion that he might go after his enemies shouldn't be asked in the face of facts. This isn't just about Obama, it happens with Republicans in power also. But everytime you talk about something happening with Obama the Obamabots lose their minds.

The fact is, Menendez has been a huge critic of Obama and the White House on illegal immigration and Iran. He even said the talking points coming out of the White House sound like they come from Tehran.

Obama wants to do this horrible deal with Iran in the worst way. It's so bad, even top officials from Iran are coming out and saying the White House is begging us for a deal.

Menendez went from a fiery critic of the deal with Iran, to now leading the way so Obama can negotiate the deal he wanted to block and oh yeah, the Feds are now going after him for corruption.

I think it would be blind to not ask questions when something so blatant occurs.

Thanks for the link!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

obama is just passing around the "hope and change". IMO

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Anyone else smell the hypocrisy?

He gets charges yet Holder, Obama, Clinton etc go scott free.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: xuenchen

obama is just passing around the "hope and change". IMO

And now for Menendez, it's "Hope and Chains"

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Is this a surprise? Menendez is a Democrat but he's one of Obama's biggest critics on things like illegal immigration and sanctions on Iran. He was just in a heated meeting at the White House before Obama announced his plans for immigration. Is it a coincidence that one of Obama's biggest critics on the Democrat side is now facing corruption charges?

It's dumb to fight city hall. America's political parties are becoming a lot like the Mafia and the Democrat party is really far advanced in this. Its a dumb democrat that crosses the line with the Godfather.

You think this is bad, wait till Hilary gets into the White Hut. The bodies will start piling up then!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This is a quite a bit of assumptive reasoning on your part. Though I think it is funny that even when a Democratic Senator gets popped for corruption, people like you have to find some way to hold Obama accountable. Is it possible for something to happen in this country that ISN'T Obama's fault?

Ha! I almost spit gatoraide all over my screen!

Yes! Is it possible for something to happen in this country that isn't Obama's fault?? LOL

Back on topic. I think it's just a guy that got caught. I don't think it has anything to do with anything other than just another corrupt politician.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is straight out of "Everything is a rich man's trick." He explains how the system is rigged so that if anyone turns on it, the system just turns on him/her. Funny that I see a real life example of this a few days after watching that film.
edit on 6-3-2015 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

He is basically saying that Obama is in bed with the Iranians. He could really hurt Obama. This action should be seen a very political. Are you blind?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hopefully they will be bringing charges against Hillary Clinton as well for costing Americans their lives in Benghazi, and violating the freedom of information act by hiding her incriminating e-mails, where she most likely was communicating with foreign ideologies who desire to give her political contributions in exchange for betraying the United States of America.

Yep, Reminds me of her Husband and Al Gore's sinister dealings with Red China back in the 1990's. A bunch of carpet bagging puke bags who only care about themselves, and not the effects that their back stabbing has on The U.S. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You claim is unsubstantiated (sarcasm?).
When you claim that this administration would go after a Demoncrat for opposing I'llbombya, why haven't they done this with the crazed less-thatn-loyal opposition?
Because they are secret admirers?
I know this is a conspiracy site. I also know that if you have random thoughts assembled into a non-coherent theory, the likelihood of it being more than vapor is minimal.
Conspiracy is a TRUE occurrence. Conspiracy theories are thought out, rational and non-suppositional if they are to be testable. Otherwise, what makes your written conclusion worthwhile to those who read it?
Every point needs to be an arrow of indication, supporting you view.
My position is they would target the smucks who oppose EVERY POTUS proposal, not breed dissension int their limited ranks.
Which one is more sensible?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join