It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I don't believe "climate change" experts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

I remember this as a child.

Years and years of "there is an ice age coming"

Then "climate change" silence for years

Followed by "global warming"

When scientists contradict each other within an easily remembered short period of time with their alarmism.

I just can't buy the second "scare tactic".

What I think about global warming, is that it is a mechanism
by the very rich (think John Kerry)
to get even richer (his books and dare I wonder, his investments)
by controlling commodities under the guise of stopping global warming

AND

a mechanism used by the government to exert
more and more control over the daily lives of individuals
all in the name of stopping global warming

I think it is all a crock.

The US did a fantastic job of cleaning up the air, water, etc and planting nearly 2 trees for every one cut down.
We needed to do this for the healthy of people. It was and is a good thing.

For anyone in the US now who is too young to remember,
the past was far from pristine
in the 1960's-1970's the air was filthy
the water polluted beyond imagination
and trash piled up along roadways.
I know, I was there, if you weren't alive then
or too young to remember, don't even try to contradict me.

Cleaning up the environment is a good thing.
Doing it in the name of global warming is a hoax at best, in my opinion.

Now, I know some of you will be like the rabid environmentalists
who say people like me should be shot
or imprisoned for not believing in global warming.
But just think how ridiculous and fascist totalitarian that kind of thinking is,
as well as downright evil.
But is a symptom of the degree of control
that the powers that be want to exert
over people's thought processes,
making thoughts "they" don't want you to think, illegal.
www.climatedepot.com... art-punishing-them-now/

I am not opposed to cleaning up the environment, that is a good thing.

I just think the earth goes in cycles,
the sun and position of the earth in the galaxy
and in relationship to the sun
has more to do with climate than the ants (in global terms)
that are humans,
are doing to the earth.

I am just aghast at the people who fall for the
global warming line, which was once the ice age line:
that has become a meme which is a product
of fascist totalitarians who wish to control
every aspect of the lives of human beings
and use
things like this as justification for their actions.

edit on 4Thu, 05 Mar 2015 16:54:03 -0600pm30503pmk054 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

edit on 5-3-2015 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Those who fall for the global warming hoax are as committed to it being valid as we are it being a big, fat lie. Personally, I agree with you on most of what you say. But I gotta tell you...I recently came down the Tehachapi pass into Bakersfield (aka: armpit capital of CA) and the smog was extremely reminiscent of those 60's - 70's days of old in the Los Angeles basin. I am still coughing up a lung.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
oops

edit on 5-3-2015 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

I dont believe them either, but you're gonna have to provide a bit more evidence than that for somefolkes on ats

I understand what you are saying.

This post is not evidence. It is my opinion.

I know some folks will scream to high heaven and call me all sorts of awful things, so be it.

It is just my opinion, based on my life experience.

Not even going to attempt to "prove" anything.
And nothing anyone else says will change my mind, read it all on ATS many times over.

Just my opinion, plain and simple.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ok. So what you are saying is that the us, which has the 6% of the world's scientists that disagree with man-made climate change, is involved in a conspiracy to make people buy into said climate change, while at the same time being the only nation in the world to deny it exists, to refuse to strict reductions, while simultaneously profiting grandly from business practices that continue to pollute and contribute to said climate change. How shockingly clever of them.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
My problem is this.

If we don't believe the vast majority of scientists and scientific organizations and associations on Climate change/Global Warming, then why should we believe them on vaccinations, evolution, gravity, Astronomy, general medical care, biology etc. Can we really cherry pick what we believe?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Those who fall for the global warming hoax are as committed to it being valid as we are it being a big, fat lie. Personally, I agree with you on most of what you say. But I gotta tell you...I recently came down the Tehachapi pass into Bakersfield (aka: armpit capital of CA) and the smog was extremely reminiscent of those 60's - 70's days of old in the Los Angeles basin. I am still coughing up a lung.

Yeah, I remember the "good ole days" when the entire nation got daily "smog" reports on LA.

At least most days you can breathe now, unlike the 60's and 70's

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: VoidHawk

I dont believe them either, but you're gonna have to provide a bit more evidence than that for somefolkes on ats

I understand what you are saying.

This post is not evidence. It is my opinion.

I know some folks will scream to high heaven and call me all sorts of awful things, so be it.

It is just my opinion, based on my life experience.

Not even going to attempt to "prove" anything.
And nothing anyone else says will change my mind, read it all on ATS many times over.

Just my opinion, plain and simple.

LOL When I viewed this thread your op was empty, all it showed was yvid
So please ignore my comment.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
My problem is this.

If we don't believe the vast majority of scientists and scientific organizations and associations on Climate change/Global Warming, then why should we believe them on vaccinations, evolution, gravity, Astronomy, general medical care, biology etc. Can we really cherry pick what we believe?

What are we if we don't questions "the experts"
way too often what the experts say is true today is false tomorrow
or as in the case of climate change
exactly the opposite.

Everyone should always question and think for themselves.

No leaps or scientific advances were ever make by accepting
what the experts say and not challenging the status quo.

If you want to accept everything the experts say as the gospel truth
then you are doomed to be a sheeple your entire life.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

My problem is this.

exactly the opposite.

I still think we should question, I'm with you there. But do we question evolution any longer or the theory of gravity? Do we believe in vaccinations in most cases? There is some really good science going on in regards to global warming.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

The science has changed every few years, for the past several decades.

Ice age coming, worldwide floods eminent, ice free poles, etc. They can't predict anything. There was a thread here a while back, showing the constant inconsistency of climate prediction data, and how it is continually adjusted to match real world measurements and observation.

Every time the climate change argument is brought up, they show a graph, available on Wikipedia, which shows the gradual incline of the temperature over the last 100 years. However, on the same wiki page, they show a graph of temperature variations over the last 800,000 years, which shows a cyclical temperature pattern, peaking around every 100k+ years.

That's not the graph they show publicly, however, because that would lessen their argument towards "sustainable agriculture"- (Monsanto and like companies), and green energy (see carbon credit/cap and trade).

I'm not against going green or cleaning the environment either, just corporate greed and monopoly.

I just see this as a blind fight against mother nature. As agent Smith said, " it's inevitable. "

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

No you should look at the evidence but when the evidence all points towards climate change and that we have a hand in it should we just dismiss it all?.
What about using your god given mind to study the info and when and If you have done that question the results not the actual scientists.
To me the deniers just don't want any change in their lives and are unwilling to look past their own life towards the lives of the future generations.

Personally I think we are fecked....we didn't do enough.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Humanity won't be granted the blessings of their God nor Mother Nature in their demise! Our destruction will be due to putting our faith into corrupt men!

If I am wrong and we do have an ELE? It will be a blessing. But our demise is in our own hands and paying MORE to those who obviously have shown they can become filthy rich while those who already suffer, will suffer more?

Nah, bring it on Mother Nature!

My days of a of being technically addicted serf are done!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Let's be honest here, what is the real issue? On one side you have businesses which want to be free to pollute and destroy to their hearts content. On the other side you have people who want a world still around for our children. Guess what side you are on? One side stands to gain massive amounts of money from their argument.....the other....just wants a future where they are able to still breathe, eat, and not be subject to flooding of coastal areas due to melting ice caps. What is the evidence? Dying animals everywhere, massive decreases in sea life due to rising acidity of oceans from higher air co2 levels. Dying aborigines from cancer and pollution. Dying coral reefs. The obvious effect of increasing co2 production while cutting down massive rainforests and woodlands. Companies points of vview? They Should never have to clean up any mess they make no matter who or what it kills. The eco whackos point? We are responsible for this world that we borrow from future generations. Clean up your sh@t. Which side makes sense? Which side is responsible? Which side requires more work? Which side is destructive? Instant gratification? Killing people right now?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

My problem is this.

exactly the opposite.

I still think we should question, I'm with you there. But do we question evolution any longer or the theory of gravity? Do we believe in vaccinations in most cases? There is some really good science going on in regards to global warming.

This thread is not about gravity or vaccinations.

It is about thinking for yourself
and not accepting "science"
that has clearly gone from
one extreme to the exact opposite
as far as the "experts" are concerned
which is what has happened with global warming

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Sure. We should question everything. But when someone says, 'nothing anyone says will change my mind' I see a huge problem.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Anyone else note the irony of his report being filed on 9/11? LOL

I'm with you, Granny. There is no 'real' climate change going on. It's just people wanting to talk about something in a way that makes that something seem important.

The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!! ... is probably not taught in school anymore.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
a reply to: VoidHawk

The science has changed every few years, for the past several decades.

Ice age coming, worldwide floods eminent, ice free poles, etc. They can't predict anything. There was a thread here a while back, showing the constant inconsistency of climate prediction data, and how it is continually adjusted to match real world measurements and observation.

Every time the climate change argument is brought up, they show a graph, available on Wikipedia, which shows the gradual incline of the temperature over the last 100 years. However, on the same wiki page, they show a graph of temperature variations over the last 800,000 years, which shows a cyclical temperature pattern, peaking around every 100k+ years.

That's not the graph they show publicly, however, because that would lessen their argument towards "sustainable agriculture"- (Monsanto and like companies), and green energy (see carbon credit/cap and trade).

I'm not against going green or cleaning the environment either, just corporate greed and monopoly.

I just see this as a blind fight against mother nature. As agent Smith said, " it's inevitable. "

Thank you

Your statement is so rational and well thought out.

Could you post the graphs? Is there anyway you can link to them?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join