It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights near Olive Branch, Mississippi 02/26/2015 caught on tape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
While searching if I could find more info on alleged Argentina UFO that I have posted earlier today, I came across this report and found out this has not been posted yet on ATS. If I`m wrong, please remove the thread.

The tape was recorded by paranormal investigator Angela Ashton above the town of Lewisburg in Mississippi on Feb 26th 2015

Here is also the news coverage:

www.mirror.co.uk...

The object was recorded by paranormal investigator Angela Ashton before appearing to shoot upwards and disappear.

She shot the strange scene above the town of Lewisburg in Mississippi, US yesterday.

Ms Ashton is convinced the object she saw was extraterrestrial.

She said. "I don't know what else it could be."

Ashton saw the object just after midnight, WMC-TV reports.

She said: "It was at least the size of a football field.

"I was laying in my bed and I have a huge window that goes across the wall of my bedroom. And I saw a bright blinding light. I mean it was huge."

She told the TV station that the UFO was soundless as it hovered above the field before disappearing.

www.wmcactionnews5.com...

In this video Angela is being interwieved. She says that it was 3d object and triangular in shape that appeared to have released smaller objects among other things...

You may also want to read the comments below the youtube clip where there is a debate over this being a drone or not...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d
I watched the TV interview and they Identify her as a "Certified Paranomal Investigator" with some Paranomal group. Pfhhhttt. She said it was as big as a football field. That's all and great but she should have zoomed out a bit so she could get some background buildings on the horizon so she could compare them to the ufo for size. As a Certified Paranomal Investigator you'd think she would know to do this. I don't think this is hoaxed but a bunch of lights on a one minute tape a far from conclusive evidence of anything.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think they may be flares , training exercise out of Columbus Air Force Base maybe.

UFO over Lewisburg, Mississippi , Feb 26, 2015.

I've been seeing bright lights in that same location for several nights in the last week

www.ufocasebook.com...

edit on 3-3-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

If she had of filming this bit,

The object was recorded by paranormal investigator Angela Ashton before appearing to shoot upwards and disappear.

Then i'd be more interested but as Gortex showed us its more likely flares.

Well done mate

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yeah - flares... Because flares always go UP together in a concerted pattern! The last I saw, military flares (or flares of any kind) go DOWN (and usually at different rates/positions).

a reply to: SecretKnowledge

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BendingTheTruth

Eh, looks like flares acts like flares so.....
Just because she said they went straight up at speed doesn't mean they did

Why aren't we seeing that bit of film?

I know why, do you?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BendingTheTruth

Because flares always go UP together in a concerted pattern!

From the video I posted.

After about 20 minutes it seemed to just vanish ... no flight path was observed; just hovering and pulsating lights that appeared to have a red glow at times.

Sounds flare like to me.

edit on 3-3-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
They sure do look like flares. The lights look to be burning, not really anything stationary, and the other lights are not connected to each other. It would make sense for these to be flares

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yeah flares seems like a reasonable explanation. I doubt we can get a confirmation by the military though...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I know this area like the back of my hand ..the Memphis International Airport is just minutes away and when jets start their low descent as they are coming in they usually start right in that area. Millington Naval Air Base is just up the road a bit outside Memphis. I don't know what this is as I'm no expert but MUFON's chief imaging analyst is checking it out. There is a lot of air traffic in this vicinity and one always has to look into that.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm going with military flares or some sort of Man activity. Weird how ufo videos a huge percentage are lights on a dark night sky with nothing to reference or compare

The night is the perfect time for military to come out and play with top secret toys or just training exercise.

I couldn't play video with sound, did the camera lady hear an engine of any sort?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

This is what she has written under the youtube clip.

I am a 15+ year ufologist in the Memphis Metro area, & although I have seen things I can't explain, this is the first one with evidence worthy of reporting from my own experiences. For this particular incident, I've been seeing bright lights in that same location for several nights in the last week, but it was after I went to bed and not compelling enough to warrant running outside. It snowed yesterday, so it made it easier to see last night, and the craft was much closer, much brighter, and very visible. I ran outside at 12:46AM CST and began filming, barefoot and shorts in 3" of snow. It was hovering very low over an area with corn fields. I observed it hovering for about 20 minutes, but it was too cold outside and I ran out straight from bed with no shoes on in the snow, therefore, I could only film for a short time. After about 20 minutes it seemed to just shoot up rapidly and vanish...no sound was heard at all the entire time...just hovering and pulsating lights that appeared to have a red glow at times. It appeared to be one very large triangular aircraft, and it was hovering so low that it had a 3-D effect when viewing. I would estimate it to have been about the size of a football field, based on the other objects in my view. There were times when it appeared to have ejected smaller orb lights, but that is unclear. It was difficult to tell from my vantage point whether it was part of the larger craft, or additional smaller craft. You can actually hear my television from inside the house...that's how close it was and how quiet it was outside.

So I assume there was no sound at all. I wonder if her explanation is genuine though as she says it was hovering for 20 minutes but she could only filmed it for a short time due having run outside, when snowing, with no shoes...smells fishy to me but I try not to judge and rather be open minded about it

edit on 3-3-2015 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
While she could have simply zoomed back on the light(s), it does show the lights at the very end of the video seemingly disappearing upward to a pinpoint of light. Just saying...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Maybe the flares were burning out so a person would think they were ascending with the same brightness instead of burning out and getting dimmer.

Someone who has watched many flares might be able to say if this might be a possibility.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BendingTheTruth
While she could have simply zoomed back on the light(s), it does show the lights at the very end of the video seemingly disappearing upward to a pinpoint of light. Just saying...

Ah come on now you're joking me, right?

At the end she zooms out. Thats not a craft going upwards.

Right at the very end you can see a pole and what looks like the top of a house.

Its ok to admit you were wrong and that they are indeed flares...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Flares ... sure, okay ... but it isn't definitely flares, is it?

If their testimony is accurate the time is rather long for flares... and do they drop them in clusters like that... and why do they then? If the testimony is a lie, and they didn't shoot up, I'm still not positive they're flares... but I'm not a flare expert.

But the flares I've seen are dropped in a row... and were redder.

I'm not so sure it's flares...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Flares ... sure, okay ... but it isn't definitely flares, is it?

It isn't definitely flares unless we can find a source that confirms there were military exercises in that area at that time , but given the witness quoted above said "I've been seeing bright lights in that same location for several nights in the last week" and the objects display similar characteristics to parachute illumination flares the suspicion must be that is what the video shows.

We don't know the duration of the sighting as all we have is a short video of it and perception of time isn't the same as clocking an event , if we had video of it that was say 5 ,10 or 15 minutes in length we would probably be in a better position to say for sure but as it is all we have is what we have.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MSKaren
I know this area like the back of my hand ..the Memphis International Airport is just minutes away and when jets start their low descent as they are coming in they usually start right in that area. Millington Naval Air Base is just up the road a bit outside Memphis. I don't know what this is as I'm no expert but MUFON's chief imaging analyst is checking it out. There is a lot of air traffic in this vicinity and one always has to look into that.

I agree. I've visited the area, and even used that airport. Where I live now, there's an airport a similar distance to the one in this story, and approaching planes seem to hover esp. when approaching from the East. I had one low flying jet that briefly looked just like a flying triangle when it was overhead. If I had a camcorder, I could produce a "UFO" film of equal quality almost every night.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CardDown

And no, the light array doesn't match with standard aircraft navigation lights ... as far as I can tell... even seen from a peculiar angle.

The fact it's been seen in the same area for awhile does indicate some mundane explanation... or an odd experiment, drone, testing, etc., rather than something truly mind warping... but 'indicates' isn't definitive.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
As I stated, she could very well have simply zoomed out. I didn't really take a stance one way or another. I am simply tired of hearing these FLARE responses all of the time. I can't wait until we really do hear the truth someday and it won't be flares... Also, sorry, I didn't know you were a professional videographer/analyst. Guess I will have to watch my P's and Q's from now on!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join