It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Considers 'Baby Boxes' To Allow Moms To Abandon Infants Safely

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
a reply to: ATF1886

Better not hear even one pro-life person complain about the cost of these programs.

Are you kidding?? Anything is better than killing a baby. I find it astounding people here think abandoning a baby in a baby box is cruel, but aborting that same baby is "normal" and "good".

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This kind of idea has been in place for a while. I know cause my one of my friends is alive cause of it. He was dropped off no one knows who dropped him off or who his birth parents are or why they dropped him off, but they did. He when to a couple that couldn't have kids due to medical reason. While he does wounder sometime who his real parents are he does not think badly of them cause the choose to drop him off over just dumping him and leaving him for dead. He's all grown now and works as an EMT.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
-And these mothers? Giving birth alone, risking both their life and that of the baby.

In France a woman can give birth in a hospital "sous X" -meaning no parent is recorded. The baby is taken right away, and the mother can leave. No leaving it in a cold box, and risking of life.

But I know, we are obsessed with personal responsibility and sure that would make more young girls get pregnant, but that just isn't what seems to happen in countries that do this.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Mann... that's the worst thing ever. If you aren't ready to have children then don't! I'm not saying that every single birth can be planned into a providing family fully ready for parenthood but there isn't any reason why that number shouldn't be 95% of all families or higher. When you've got an abandonment of infants problem that reaches a cusp so critical that you must distribute "baby boxes" you know there's a deeper issue. A way deeper issue. C'mon, this ain't a third world country. I am embarrassed anyone from another country may read about that.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
With all the goverment programs that are offered there should be no reason for these. But if they are being used then they should be there for the child's sake..... right next to a box full of diy spaying kits.

Let's not forget the diy neutering kits.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asynchrony
Mann... that's the worst thing ever. If you aren't ready to have children then don't! I'm not saying that every single birth can be planned into a providing family fully ready for parenthood but there isn't any reason why that number shouldn't be 95% of all families or higher. When you've got an abandonment of infants problem that reaches a cusp so critical that you must distribute "baby boxes" you know there's a deeper issue. A way deeper issue. C'mon, this ain't a third world country. I am embarrassed anyone from another country may read about that.

Abandonment of newborns has probably always happened. The "deeper issue" is women (often female children, themselves) getting pregnant when they don't want to. Is that difficult to comprehend? I don't think so. Would you prefer that they have an option other than dumping the newborn in a ditch or would you prefer that they do that so that you're not embarrassed if someone from another country learns about this?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Abandonment of newborns has probably always happened. The "deeper issue" is women (often female children, themselves) getting pregnant when they don't want to. Is that difficult to comprehend? I don't think so. Would you prefer that they have an option other than dumping the newborn in a ditch or would you prefer that they do that so that you're not embarrassed if someone from another country learns about this?

The solution to this problem would be more of one concerning condoms and protected sex, I think. Abortion would work well and would be healthier to the mothers. Plus, if it was a first pregnancy they wouldn't get "birth-canalled".

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

The solution to this problem would be more of one concerning condoms and protected sex, I think. Abortion would work well and would be healthier to the mothers. Plus, if it was a first pregnancy they wouldn't get "birth-canalled".

Of course those would be better solutions but life doesn't always work that way. Most of the women who abandon children are probably children, themselves. They make bad choices. They get tricked or forced into sex. Some 17-year-old boy swears undying love to them--until they get pregnant. They can't discuss sex with their parents and are regarded as sluts if they carry condoms. There are lots of elements that play into this. I would be very surprised to learn if this happens very often in more progressive countries like the Scandinavian countries. Perhaps we could learn something from them.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
how about not having the god-damn kid in the first place, before you abandon it?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
how about not having the god-damn kid in the first place, before you abandon it?

Good plan, unless you're 14 years-old, totally clueless, and have no responsible adult you trust to talk to before it's too late.

<< 1   >>

join