It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Owl terrorizes town in the Netherlands

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
From NY DAILY NEWS

A nasty owl in a town outside Amsterdam is attacking residents, leaving them bloodied.

An ominous owl that likes to gouge the flesh of its human victims is bullying a small town in the Netherlands.

Dubbed the "terror owl," the 2-foot-tall nocturnal raptor especially likes attacking the elderly and the disabled residents at an assisted-living complex in the village.

At least 20 people have been mauled there and some injuries required stitches, spokeswoman Lieselotte de Bruijn said Thursday.

The foul-tempered bird has become a celebrity of sorts in the media. A local bank is handing out umbrellas for residents to hide their heads under.

Victim Niels Verkoojen told Dutch news that his encounter with the menacing owl "was like having a brick laced with nails thrown at your head."

The animal is an endangered species and the town has applied for a permit to catch it. Authorities say the owl is believed to have once lived in captivity because such aggressive behavior is not common in the region."When we go out at night, or when it's dark, we go out only with umbrellas," said Bas van Gelderen.

Alfred Hitchcock would LOVE this story. lol I feel for the residents though what a Hassle.

edit on 3/1/2015 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Owls can definitely get aggressive.
I knew a guy that had a problem with an owl that attacked him when he used a lawn mower.
I thought he was joking until he showed me a hat that he was wearing with talon rips in it.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

Ha! Attack of the Demon Owl.........That sounds like something out of a Stephen King book.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Ive heard stories from local farmers as well...This one sounds IRRITATED!
lol

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Ha! Attack of the Demon Owl.........That sounds like something out of a Stephen King book.

The attack on Hooterville. Stories from the front lines...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Call Of The Wildman

A job for "Turtle Man" a backwoods Tennessee legend with a cable TV show that is riot to watch.
Locals call him to remove un-wanted critters alive and release to a safe location.

edit on 1-3-2015 by Granite because: added link

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I was viciously attacked by a territorial Redwing Blackbird in my youth... so know the surliness of birdies.

Despite the endangered status, perhaps some brave soul could hurl a stone (if shotguns are scarce) and end the terror? Then the conservationists could come in and harvest the genetics and clone a more docile owl to replace it? Or maybe just do the Bladerunner thing and use an automaton?

Hey, don't hate... just looking for solutions.
edit on 3/1/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Wow, I never knew owls attacked humans. It certainly can't be the norm. Weird!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
A .22 with a scope should solve the problem... How does Owl meat taste, like chicken?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Here`s a video of him...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This guy got attacked by the female owl, his remarks are priceless about it...

5:02 minutes Dutch

The comment translated...

"She can`t help it either, but she shouldn`t attack people. They say it`s an endangered species, but in my opinion we are also endangered and she also attacks us."

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I suppose we wouldn't be able to ask him/her about tootsie pop centers and licking.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

One, twhoo, ow, stop it, stop it, ow ow ow.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TAKE GUNS AWAY FROM CITIZENS!!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Yes, the animals will smell it and forge a plan to takeover the world if we do not kill them all at an instant.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

No, that's ludicrous. I meant that when no one has a way to defend themselves from an owl, the world is forced to endure news of it as if it's actually newsworthy.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Oh that, yes that´s true. But I don´t see how this has to do with civilian guns. In the end, a governmental hunter or other regulated institution will take care as I doubt you would like the idea of someone take care of it "on their own" and in the end kills somebody. Let´s not make a gun debate out of it was my gist

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

lol, well my original comment was meant humorously, not to stir up a gun debate (something I have no stance on & couldn't care less about)

That being said, if civvies in the nether were allowed to carry weapons, this owl would have probably been taken out before being labeled a terror.

& if they miss the owl & kill someone...well, what's one less human, imo.
edit on 2-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Yes, the animals will smell it and forge a plan to takeover the world if we do not kill them all at an instant.

I pity the fool

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

What if they never hit the owl and kill one each time? Wouldn´t that be the end of the world? ^^

Owls and the kauz family is not that good friends with crows, for example. They will attack sleeping prey birds at daytime. What if they see people feeding crows and then retailate for helping their offenders? ^^ (At night, the sword turns)
edit on 2-3-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join