It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your recommendations for good UFO/Alien conspiracy movies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
"They live" with roddy piper was hella cheesy...no offense, good concept, but the human like aliens failed to scare me.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The Thing

Liquid Sky

The Day the Earth Stood Still (Klatu Barada Nicto! Gort! Klatu Barada Nicto!)

Earth Versus The Flying Saucers (Set your interocitor on "stun")

Forbidden Planet ( My glorious Krell! Mankind cannot understand!)

2001: A Space Odyssey

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
I was up late one night watching Scifi. It must have been like 5 in the morning. I cant remember the name. Anyway It was a documentary about Jesse Marcels. It was a very good movie. I think Martin Sheen was in it. It starts out as Jesse Marcels like 50 years after it happend. He went back to Roswell searching for answers. The whole time he was there he was ridiculed for making such a big mistake. Then they do a flashback of him when it happened and all the confusion and news headlines. Later he meats a man that tells him things like one of the aliens was alive and that the government was questioning it telepathically. I recommend it. If only I knew the name. Any1 know the movie Im talking about. I would like to watch it again.

It was already mentioned: it's the movie Roswell

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I have nothing to say just wanted to share an alien:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Nice, lots of suggestions. Looks like i'm heading to the DVD store today.

PredatorPt, i wasnt aware The Forgotten was about aliens...alien abduction i assume right? Anyways thanks for the heads up, i'll have to check that one out when it hits DVD.

The Abyss and Contact were indeed great films.

Torus, while Star Trek is quite an obvious one i thought the first film Star Trek the Motion Picture had an exceptionally good plot.

Also check out the film based on a Michael Crichton novel Sphere, one of my all time favorites.

And thankfully no one mentioned Independence Day, i though tthat film was an embarrassment to the UFOlogy community.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'd like to add the Dark Skies series to the list.

Too bad nbc pulled the plug on that one after only one season though...

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Invasion of the Body snatchers ( original Black and white )
War of the Worlds ( the one in the 50's )
2001:A Space Odyssey

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Carpenter's - The Thing
Alien Nation
Aliens

Best of the best by far - The Day the Earth Stood Still

B.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeepin4x4girl
"They live" with roddy piper was hella cheesy...no offense, good concept, but the human like aliens failed to scare me.

The aliens didn't really frighten me either

What is frightening is the concept of the movie. To me, it seems like a plausible idea. We already have subliminal advertising, psychotropic drugs, some infrastructure is already in place (TV's, sattelites, cell towers) and for years, people/govts all over the world have been experimenting with mind control. Add this to a population who is bombarded with advertisements to the point where we don't even notice them any more, and the willingness of most people to believe what they are told, and you could just have yourself a problem.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a good movie is going to be DOOM which is surposed to be made by the people that made final fantasy the movie and its going to be released some time in august next year.....

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeepin4x4girl

You'd have to be on drugs for the aliens to scare you.

It's the concept that's scary...the aliens are the comic relief and Cannon Fodder.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Cheesy? "They Live" was the greatest story ever told! John Nada died for our sins!

Seriously, I enjoyed that movie. Especially the what, five to ten minute fight scene between Piper and Keith David?

Edit: I see the fight scene was mentioned five times already. Classic.

[edit on 18-12-2004 by Mephorium]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mephorium
Cheesy? "They Live" was the greatest story ever told! John Nada died for our sins!

You better believe I did!!! I have come back to over see unfinished business.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Dreamcatcher, a must see

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Dreamcatcher was a good one. Kind of like an X-Files episode written by Stephen King.

Originally posted by 2012timofy
a good movie is going to be DOOM which is surposed to be made by the people that made final fantasy the movie and its going to be released some time in august next year.....

I've actually been hearing real dissapointing things about this movie. Main problem is that they've completely changed the core elements of the game with the movie adaption. If you're a big fan of the game this is going to be pretty upsetting...the film doesnt take place on Mars, the characters are not fighting demons from Hell and they are not space marines, they're more like a SWAT team. Also the plot deals with a super virus, definitely doesnt sound anything like DOOM.

filmforce.ign.com...
www.homelanfed.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
dreamcatcher!!!!!!!!!!
how crazy was that movie??!!!!
i was freaked out for days!
VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED!!! another great alien conspiracy movie!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Thought this was a cool thread. I saw The Fourth Kind recently and I thought it was pretty dang good as far as these types of movies go. For classics I will always like The Day The Earth Stood Still and Fire In The Sky. I also always thought Independence Day was very entertaining and had a great story and special effects too.

Will be cool to hear what people think about this 5 years later...

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Fifth Element was pretty good. For documentaries, you'd most def have to check out Ancient Aliens. Uhhhhhh ... Yeah, everybody nailed all the other good movies. >=l

Edit - Kpax! Can't forget that one either!

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Simply J]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Great suggestions! I would add Avatar and Total Recall. And these two:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join