It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harrison Ford to reprise role as Deckard in 'Blade Runner' sequel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Ohhhh MAN I am So EXCITED!!!

FINALLY!!!!!!
From CNET

"Blade Runner" wouldn't be the same iconic sci-fi noir film of replicants, synthetic owls, origami unicorns and relentless rain if Harrison Ford didn't reprise his role as the dedicated and remorseful Rick Deckard.

Fortunately for fans, Ford has officially agreed to reprise his role in the upcoming "Blade Runner" sequel, with the film's original director Ridley Scott serving as executive producer for Alcon Entertainment.

Alcon's Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson have not only officially revealed that Ford will return, but a new director will be taking Scott's reigns for the "Blade Runner" sequel.

Canadian director Denis Villeneuve is in talks to direct the new film, according to Variety. Principal photography is scheduled to start in summer 2016.

Villeneuve is best known for his Academy Award-nominated film "Prisoners," which starred Hugh Jackman as the distraught father of a kidnap victim. Villeneuve is a three-time winner of Canada's Genie Award for Best Director and Best Picture for his films "Maelström," "Polytechnique" and "Incendies." He also won Best Director from the 2nd Canadian Screen Awards for his 2013 thriller "Enemy."

The script for the upcoming sequel, which takes place several decades after the original film's 2019 timeline in a futuristic and dystopian Los Angeles, is written by Hampton Fancher, the co-writer of the 1982 film, and Michael Green, based on a story by Fancher and Scott, according to Deadline.

"We are honored that Harrison is joining us on this journey with Denis Villeneuve, who is a singular talent, as we experienced personally on 'Prisoners,'" Kosove and Johnson said in a joint statement. "Hampton and Michael, with Ridley Scott, have crafted a uniquely potent and faithful sequel to one of the most universally celebrated films of all time, and we couldn't be more thrilled with this amazing, creative team."

Aside from Ford, no other cast members of the "Blade Runner" sequel have been officially announced.

A new director and new era of cinematography should render this an Instant classic! Fingers Crossed!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

As much is Bladerunner is one of my two favorite movies, Ford did a fantastic job and I would really enjoy seeing him in another version of Bladerunner, are they going to give him a walker or a wheelchair? Ford is getting older by the minute and by 2016 that's a lot of new minutes.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Great stuff!
I love the original bladerunner-even today it looks slick and has aged much better than many other sci fi films of that time.

I read a while back that Harrison Ford had read the script of the sequel,and said it was "the best script he had ever read."
Glad he is on board.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

While I have no issues with a Blade Runner sequel, I'm a bit more concerned about the quality though since Hollyweird over the last few years has been going downhill. A lot of movies are either remakes, adaptation of comic books and novels, and sequels and many of them aren't in good quality.Gone are the days of good quality movies akin to Back the Future, Die Hard, The Breakfast Club, French Connection and other great movies.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

As much is Bladerunner is one of my two favorite movies, Ford did a fantastic job and I would really enjoy seeing him in another version of Bladerunner, are they going to give him a walker or a wheelchair? Ford is getting older by the minute and by 2016 that's a lot of new minutes.

Cheers - Dave

Another nail in the coffin.. or through Rutger's carpal LOL.
I can only hope the soundtrack is as wonderfully surreal and
relevant as Vangelis'.. but who knows if those old knob
twisters are still around too?
First reference = that C-Death chord. What great cliffhanger.

Nobody should expect these guys to do any of their own gags
after 50, unless you're speeding up the film like Mr. Akido;
but I also agree just getting into a low profile taxi at his age has
to be an uncomfortable adventure.
I am however excited from just Harry's referring to this as the
best script he's ever read: and you have to admit there are a
lot of good spy yarns in the pile he's gone over.
Still, yawn.. I'll wait for Ebert before I buy in...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I think part of what made the first movie so good was the fact that the story was adapted from a Philip k Dick novel. Ridley did an awesome job with Harrison as the lead. Blade runner is definitely a classic in my opinion but, it's just going to be some screenwriters vision of a sequel to Philip k dick's original story.

I want it to be good. I just don't know though. But, I'll certainly give it a watch.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
One thing about it ... if they're using Ford again, they're going to have a really hard time passing off the Deckard as Replicant angle.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I liked blade runner and star wars but come on seriously hes too old for hanging off building tops now. Cast someone else in it and he can play the part of the guy who has his head squashed ( remember that scene?)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Wow.. yeah.. I'm almost like, " Harrison, Don't do it, you're gonna kill yourself !"

It's like watching Sly Stallone's films and seeing the physical abilities of the actors dwindle down to nothing. We see the same with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis too.

Heck Harrison did Enders Game in 2013 and he hardly moved.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I hope it is not awful.

err...

I mean I hope it is really good!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Awesome quotes...
"I want more life.....#er"
"Wake up.....its time to die"
2 of my favs

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Im seeing some anti Harrison Ford comments.. but if he said no would you not all be a bit let down? I know I would. I admit the dudes old BUT who knows where the script is going to start off at..If anything it makes it all the more intriguing.
edit on 3/1/2015 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I am looking forward to it for sure.
I don't think being old by itself makes someone a worse actor than when they were young-often its quite the opposite IMO.
And it shouldn't interfere if he has to do action scenes-as most actors use stunt men and/or cgi anyway.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

O boy, I can't wait for this movie! I hope they have a speech in it that can match the old one, still gives me chills to this day!
edit on 3-5-2015 by Cobeyo because: Corrected URL

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Im pretty sure the "new director & new era of cinematography" is going to be the exact reason this movie is a piece of crap

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Thank the multitudes of galaxies.

We were kind of upset about a remake until this news.

Harrison is the only person I can envision as Deckard.
Glad he took the role.

*starts camping outside the local theater*

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
. The original movie is dark and hard to watch. A remake is needed why to make us see more darkness? To make some people more wealthy? Hes Seriously hes too old for role. Watch the expendables and you understand what being too old for a roles you played 20-30 years ago means.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Blade Runner. Beautifully crafted film that deserved a sequel.. about 30 years ago. Too little too late. Not to mention Ridley has stated Deckard WAS a replicant.

If you want to continue Deckard's story go read the novels that were written as sequels.

Neo-noir just doesn't have the same feel with todays insane use of CGI.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Thank the multitudes of galaxies.

We were kind of upset about a remake until this news.

Harrison is the only person I can envision as Deckard.
Glad he took the role.

*starts camping outside the local theater*

In 100% Agreement with you!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Theprimevoyager
Blade Runner. Beautifully crafted film that deserved a sequel.. about 30 years ago. Too little too late. Not to mention Ridley has stated Deckard WAS a replicant.

If you want to continue Deckard's story go read the novels that were written as sequels.

Neo-noir just doesn't have the same feel with todays insane use of CGI.

all good points...BUT I still want to see it anyways..lol and I have read the "Edge of Human" and "Replicant Night" Both FANTASTIC and screen worthy In my opinion...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join