It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VICE - "Killing Cancer"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173
a reply to: Flatfish
Cancer not only kills the victim, but the spirits of those left behind.

Very true...
Limbo

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Limbo
Dear OP
(I am interested in how people argue etc.)

Does this mean if I advocate measles as a cancer cure that I am squarely in the middle of anti-vac land?
For example let's assume vaccines block people from getting measles. They produce anti bodies
and this makes it difficult for people to be treated with measles for cancer because the fever would not take.
This stance would make me anti vaccine in that respect however one of the anti vac arguments used
is that the vaccine doesn't work...

Where does it leave me? For me getting measles vs cancer would be an acceptable trade off.
Could this apply for other microbes also?
Complicated dilemma.....

I've also read on the internet that we get cancer all through our lives and our body deals with it.
Cancer generally takes a long time before it manifests and the likely hood is that during that
time we have stumbled across some kind of microbe generating a fever
Are we too clean in that respect?
Limbo

While I am NO expert in this field, from what I could gather from this documentary I don't think that previous vaccinations affect the effectiveness of this treatment, but who knows?

On the other hand, I would fully expect that most, if not all, of the adults participating in the trials had been previously vaccinated.

Another reason I don't think it matters is the fact that they are genetically modifying these viruses so that the patient doesn't actually get the illness, despite the fact that they are administering huge doses of the virus.

Furthermore, it's my understanding that the viral modification process is mainly focused on enhancing two specific characteristics that viruses have. Namely, their propensity to attack other cells and their ability to self replicate.

Onced programmed to attack only cancer cells while ignoring other healthy cells, the virus starts reproducing until it overwhelms and destroys the cancer cells.

As far as other microbes and diseases are concerned, quite frankly I don't know. But I do believe this is just the beginning of a whole new approach to fighting disease, especially cancer.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Limbo

Actually, you may have a valid point.

After thinking about it, I have to wonder if part of the reason for utilizing the HIV virus and/or the common cold virus might be because of the fact that no one gets vaccinated against those viruses.

Who knows?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I have a randomized double blind study of Coley's toxins and cancer.
They used an inactive placebo. It would be interesting to see if the inactive placebo
actually induced a fever also. That would probably kill the blinding of the study.
Needless to say there was no response in the placebo group.
The general consensus is that the fever is responsible for the remissions.
Limbo

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Limbo

I have a randomized double blind study of Coley's toxins and cancer.
They used an inactive placebo. It would be interesting to see if the inactive placebo
actually induced a fever also. That would probably kill the blinding of the study.
Needless to say there was no response in the placebo group.
The general consensus is that the fever is responsible for the remissions.
Limbo

That is precisely how phages/Foleys are supposed to work. It isn't the infection that directly kills the cancerous cells, it is the body's natural immune responses which target the infected cells causing apoptosis (programmed cell death).

As virii co-opt our cells to become virus production factories, it makes sense that our immune system kills the compromised cells and disassembles their DNA & RNA before more virii can be replicated.

Cancer cells have higher oxygen needs than normal cells and are also more susceptible to infection. Hence a phage is directly injected into a tumor, causing a targeted immune response.

The infection must be sufficient to trigger an immune response, i.e: it has to cause a fever, inflammation and all the other associated immune system tricks to be truly effective.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join