It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VICE - "Killing Cancer"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Last Friday night I heard Bill Maher make a statement about this season's upcoming first episode of "VICE," a documentary program hosted by HBO that covers different topics weekly. In the past, they've done some really great in-depth documentaries on some really important subjects.

Anyway, what Bill said was that he had already previewed the upcoming episode and while he couldn't reveal the details of the show, what he would say was that everyone would be talking about it after it aired. So last night, I saw it and I have to say "it blew me away!"

While I can't find a source other than HBO where you can view this documentary in it's entirety, here's the trailer and another 6 minute video about the episode in question.

This is HUGE folks!

Through a process of modifying the genes in viruses, (in this episode, Measles, Common Cold and even HIV) they are developing new treatments where they are injecting modified virus vaccines into terminal cancer patients with astonishing results. They're even suggesting that in some cases, it's an absolute cure.

The doctors interviewed in the documentary even said that some of these treatments have already been "fast-tracked" by the FDA and will probably be approved for widespread use as early as 2016.

They are fundamentally re-engineering the viruses so that they attack and destroy cancer cells and only cancer cells. Furthermore, I find it extremely ironic that this breakthrough is happening right at the time that we're having these debates about the usefulness of vaccines. In these treatments, they are administering these modified vaccines at 10 billion times the normal dose.

Anyway, I'm only making this thread to offer a "Heads-Up" for anyone who hasn't yet seen this episode of VICE. If you don"t have HBO, find a friend who does and sit down and watch it. You won't be sorry, Although I do have to warn you, if you have a single strand of empathy anywhere in your body, it's gonna make you cry. But in a good way.
edit on 28-2-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

I havent seen the show but the word was out ages ago and more regarding things like success at reverse ageing. Fingers crossed it all comes good

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yes, the chatter on this one has been loud.

It is huge. and promising. Lets hope it happens soon.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I would enjoy seeing that show. Some viruses can actually kill cancer. They target the rapid growth of the tumor and cause it to die. Now, you get the cold though, but to me it sounds like getting the cold is part of a natural process that can actually help us. When the cancer weakens us we can catch a cold easier and then the cold virus attacks the cancer. So why are people so worried about catching a cold? We have been brainwashed all our lives to fear things and take medicines and now we are going to pay.

Cravings are a major part of our immune system and the people selling things use unreal chemistry to hijack these cravings so we buy their products. Some of these creations are bad for us and some are actually good. You can't be thinking all these chemistries added to our foods are bad, but the ones that specifically hijack our cravings are not good many times. Food is medicine.

So this new science may be a good thing, especially in societies today where all the unnatural chemistry is entering our diet too quickly.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

These genetically modified viruses are engineered to attack and kill specific cancer cells and as far as I can tell, the recipients do not catch the virus contained in the vaccine.

But they do have a pretty harsh period to get through while the cancer is under attack. High fever, etc..

But the end result is unprecedented and well worth it. They're actually curing leukemia in kids!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Oh god,,,can you imagine?? I lost a very close friend (coworker) to brain cancer last November...she fought it for about a year and then passed with family at home. This is truly bitter sweet but I think of all the kids that are sick in the hospitals and the family members sticking by their sides 24 7 and it makes my eyes water to think that this may be one less thing to worry about as a parent.

To know that most of us will come down with some form of cancer in the years to come is very scary. I've watched many Vice shows online and I'm happy that this group of journalists gets a big crack at this story but clearly I'm so excited for the hope that this can bring. I'm also wondering how this will impact viruses in general..will they make a resurgent?

It's a risk I would be willing to take if one of my loved ones had come down with a life threatening cancer. Nice job OP brining this foward with a video clip.

After listening to the video the gentleman states that HIV is the virus that kills blook cancer such as leukemia. How peculiar that a virus that some say was either man made or a result of risky sexual behavior killed so many but may in the end curing many more multiple times over. Just amazing...
edit on 28-2-2015 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Wow can't wait to see this.

Thank you for posting, I'll need to find it online somewhere, but there' s a few documentary sites that will probably start airing it soon enough.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I find it extremely ironic that this breakthrough is happening right at the time that we're having these debates about the usefulness of vaccines. In these treatments, they are administering these modified vaccines at 10 billion times the normal dose.

How do you find it ironic? The usefulness of vaccines has been an ongoing debate for decades. Once drug companies found they could administer a "product" every year, vaccines became as popular for putting drug companies back into the black during the fourth quarter as Christmas was for putting department stores in the same.

I hope this treatment shows promise for cancer and does not become filed as some success story for the debate in favor of forced vaccinations.

edit on 28-2-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hey this looks promising.....I wonder how much they'll charge for this?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

I find it extremely ironic that this breakthrough is happening right at the time that we're having these debates about the usefulness of vaccines. In these treatments, they are administering these modified vaccines at 10 billion times the normal dose.

How do you find it ironic? The usefulness of vaccines has been an ongoing debate for decades. Once drug companies found they could administer a "product" every year, vaccines became as popular for putting drug companies back into the black during the fourth quarter as Christmas was for putting department stores in the same.

I hope this treatment shows promise for cancer and does not become filed as some success story for the debate against vaccinations.

I didn't write this thread just to have it turn into a vaccine debate either. I posted it to get the word out about the documentary.

On the other hand, I think that including things like flu shots in the discussion of whether or not "vaccines" are good, is somewhat misleading.

IMO, flu shots and temporary "annual" vaccines fall into a completely different category as say, measles, polio, smallpox, etc..

An annual vaccine for things like the flu are vaccines that are chasing moving targets, per say. The flu virus changes every year and it's always just an educated guess as to what strain will dominate in any given year.

Other vaccines like measles, polio, etc., target known un-changing viruses with extremely effective results. Even to the point that some are completely eradicated.

Hardly a fair comparison in my view and very good reasoning why the two shouldn't be debated collectively. It's like comparing oranges to apples.

This new cancer research is based on utilizing a virus's propensity to attack other cells and re-program it to attack only cancer cells.

They're taking viruses that are known to have the ability to cripple and/or kill us and using them to cure us.

It's going to completely change the way we fight cancer and it has the potential to save millions upon millions.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Borisbanger

I havent seen the show but the word was out ages ago and more regarding things like success at reverse ageing. Fingers crossed it all comes good

While I am 58 and reverse aging sounds better and better all the time, this particular research is focused on cancer and with astonishing results. Watch it if you can, you won't be disappointed.

I don't know how old you are, but if I hear of a sure-fire way to get younger, I'll post it immediately and send you a U2U.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Hey this looks promising.....I wonder how much they'll charge for this?

That's a good question.

On the other hand, if this were available in 2012 when I lost my father to cancer, I would have sold everything I have to get it.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

There are quite a few natural viruses that kill Cancer, but you do get the immune response to the virus which means you get the cold sores or the cold.

I'm not actually afraid of catching the cold, I feel so much better when I get over it.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

So, it looks like the Americans discover what the Russians have been using for years 'Phage Therapy'.

Nothing new here, move along...

edit on 28/2/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Yes, the chatter on this one has been loud.

It is huge. and promising. Lets hope it happens soon.

It looks as though it's actually happening as we speak. That's the really exciting part. Just knowing that some of these treatments will go public next year has to give renewed hope to parents and cancer patients everywhere.

The girls in the video were literally on their "death-bed" and they're now cancer free. I can't begin to imagine the relief their parents feel or the hope this will give to others.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I didn't write this thread just to have it turn into a vaccine debate either. I posted it to get the word out about the documentary.

And I'll do my best not to turn it into one. I really do appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I also admit bringing my partial bias into the conversation, but I am opened mined.

As much as you or I may know the difference between seasonal and epidemic vaccinations, I highly doubt that the politicians and pro-advocates will draw that distinction. The gullible masses will allow there heads to be filled with with the promise of healthier generations to come and bend over at will for their next "injection", lol.

I agree, there needs to be separation between the two as one treatment cannot advocate for the others effectiveness. I only hope people can see that for themselves. This in no way has changed my view on vaccines, but it has changed the way I view cancer treatments.

As for Bill Maher, he's not really convincing me that he's interested in saving lives. Why is it that eugenicists and vaccines always end up in the same conversation?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

So, it looks like the Americans discover what the Russians have been using for years 'Phage Therapy'.

Nothing new here, move along...

Not that I care where the technology comes from, but according to your source article, phage therapy is primarily used to combat bacterial infections. Especially those that are resistant to antibiotics.

I saw no mention of phage therapy being used to fight cancer.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

My wife told me it was a mistake to even mention Bill Maher just because of some people's dislike of him, which may cause them to ignore the documentary and miss out on the info and to some extent, I know she's right.

This isn't about Bill Maher and I don't agree with everything he says or does either.

On the other hand, he is the "Executive Producer" of VICE, I heard about this upcoming episode on his show and I'm not afraid to give him credit when credit is due.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Watching those parents broke my heart as well. I can't begin to imagine the feeling of hopelessness a parent feels while watching cancer kill their children but I know it has to be totally crushing.

This treatment looks to be revolutionary and it makes me cry tears of joy just to even think that we may be on the verge of actually beating cancer.

I'll be watching this research closely.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Wow can't wait to see this.

Thank you for posting, I'll need to find it online somewhere, but there' s a few documentary sites that will probably start airing it soon enough.

~Tenth

If you can't find it online, I'd suggest having a friend with HBO, record it for you.

Anyway, good luck and good viewing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join