It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I being punished for making anti God posts.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter
Non-existent supernatural beings can't do anything to you.

However,god is far too busy inventing hideous new diseases and watching babies die to bother with you.

Stay positive and get well soon.

I am so confused. He doesn't exist, yet he does bad things.

What?

It's a way of saying "I don't believe in God, and even if he existed, I would blame him for everything going wrong because humans like to blame someone for bad things".

A bit like the OP.

It's really interesting how when happy things happen we like to think we deserved and caused them, and when bad things happen, we look for a scapegoat to put the blame on him. Isn't even there a passage about this (scapegoat) in this old psychology manual that is the Bible?

edit on 27-2-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

He does, can and will punish those who mock Him. Repent.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Put your question to the test: send a big check to Benny Hinn and see if you feel better.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Develo
I'm not blaming anyone, it was just a stupid thread I made that I wish I hadn't. I'm just in a mega bad mood. Maybe I should of just made a rant thread instead. Go back to what you were doing before. There's nothing to see here, except the rantings of an angry young man, who feels hard done by in life. If there's any mods around close this thread please. I reiterate, I'm not blaming anyone. I don't blame people for the situation I'm in. I blame myself.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Start thinking positive ................i always wondered where the non believer went in the moment of prayer.
Just look at it like this those people that you have made defend thier faith can now practice it by praying for you ill start.
Please us Jesus make this mans sickness stop and continue to bless and watch us all on ats in Jeseus name we pray
Amen

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Hey I'm sorry if my post offended you. You are going through hard things and it's perfectly normal to be angry about it.

You don't have to be ashamed of this thread, like I said it's perfectly normal for people to try to find a scapegoat (in your case, it was god - your thread title clearly asks if this is all a punishment) even if you did not thought about it seriously. I do it too sometimes. You are a human being like everyone else, no reason to be too hard on yourself.

You have all the rights to be angry about your situation, and it's a good thing to talk about it in order to release it.
edit on 27-2-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
First off, let us disregard all of the unimportant things in your post....
and get on to the one important thing in your post.

I sincerely hope that you are well very soon!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this.Hopefully some will see how detrimental it is to propagate a revengeful, spiteful, unjust God and call it loving and expect it is comforting to people in need.

How a person thinks is how they perceive the world.The last thing anyone needs to think about is a God that is unmerciful and passionless even if they don’t believe in them.

A God could not judge you for what you’ve said or even done.That is not how life works.Besides that fact it is impossible to know how life works.Everyone has been dealt their cards.Our only option is to play them with the best of our ability and know there is no losing.

One thing you must know is God is not punishing you and never will even if you don’t believe.Everyone else is just as incorrect about what they think of God as you are.Be well.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

The very nature of superstition is that it becomes self-fulfilling prophecy in your head. You ignore all the times that your actions didn't result in the negative event, but focus on all the ones that do.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You are unable to mock what isn't there. Consequently, what isn't there cannot respond to mockery. It is what is there—yourself and your environment—that is the cause of your pains. These, and not a god, can be overcome.
edit on 27-2-2015 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t I know your right and that's why I wanted the thread closed. It's just been a difficult month, with everything thrown at me. Much of the time it's felt like a test of my capacity mentally to get through extremely difficult circumstances. It feels like life has punished me testing how far my sanity can be pushed, without losing the plot. I just need a break from it all. I've not had a crap in over 10 days or a proper shower in over a month. I've only been back from a hospital a day and just feeling a bit cranky

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I have just spent the last month on and off in hospital, having my mental capacity for pain, patience and dissapointment tested to the limit. It's been one hell of a challenge I almost feel I'm being picked on. Now is God the type to punish people for mocking him on an Internet message board. Is he that serious that he has thrown such bad luck in a non believers direction. It's made me think twice before making anti/ religious posts, because I just can't handle any more trips to the hospital. Am I just being paranoid or could I be paying for my actions.even if some are only light hearted humourous posts. I just need a break, so I'm just going to quit for now. Is God serious, does he ever laugh? Or is it strictly serious all the time?

Don't you remember? You don't believe in God.

Feel better now?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
You question Gods existence yet blame Him when things go wrong? Seems legit...
You must have believed in him all along and just wanted someone to prove your posts wrong, some people DO need proof to believe, it isn't a bad thing.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
First off, let us disregard all of the unimportant things in your post....
and get on to the one important thing in your post.

I sincerely hope that you are well very soon!

Plus this ^^^
This is what ATS should be about. Not criticism for personal troubles. Although I do believe my post above is close, I too hope that you are well very soon!

I think a mod should award some ATS non-transferrable points to butcherguy for that post.

link   

I feel for you man. Is it any wonder that many people find god when they are in terrible situations? When the overwhelming despair of life just stacks too high, they forget that it will be over at some point and convert to god. But like I said, since it is superstition it is just self-fulfilling prophecy. You will overcome these difficulties eventually, thanking god for it just marginalizes your efforts and the efforts of anyone who helped you out during your time of need.

link   

No more than I was being punished for my belief when our family had two solid weeks of horrible luck round about Christmas: hit a deer with our car (lots of repairs), sprained my ankle (tore ligaments, still healing), everyone sick with flu, furnace broke day before New Year's (two days without heat before we could get part to fix it).

Things happen. This world is a test to see how you handle life and where you go with it.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Wow. My heart goes out to you Woodward. I had no idea what you've been battling. You need to stay focused on taking care of yourself as much as you're able to. Don't sweat it. You aren't being punished by any deities. As humans, we are often our own worst enemy. We will often punish ourselves subconsciously, because we feel guilt, and think we deserve it. But in this case, what you feel is punishment is actually a very cruel illness that cares not what you have done or not done in your life. It treats everyone the same.

My best wishes to you.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No more than I was being punished for my belief when our family had two solid weeks of horrible luck round about Christmas: hit a deer with our car (lots of repairs), sprained my ankle (tore ligaments, still healing), everyone sick with flu, furnace broke day before New Year's (two days without heat before we could get part to fix it).

Things happen. This world is a test to see how you handle life and where you go with it.

I swear everyone that lives in cold climates has their furnace break down around Christmas, it's so weird.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
You're more likely to be cursed by the so-called religious for lambasting their god...

Than to actually be punished by God...

I didn't want to discuss faith... But...

Look at it like this;

If God was punishing you, it wouldn't be a fair fight...

But if God looked the other way, while another tried to curse you...
You are being given the opportunity to overcome another Man's oppression...

No Man is more powerful than another...
Easy to overcome with the right mindset (not a belief in God per se, just will power and determination to strive)!

So instead of proselytising towards you...
I'll just say keep your head up, fight back, show this time of hardship true British grit and determine...

Hope you are well soon. Mentally & Physically.

Take care!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I am so sorry for all that you are going through. No, I don't believe God is punishing you.

You've stated you don't believe in God and have posted anti-God posts but why not try something a little different. Why not reach out to him and ask him to help you and then see if there is a difference.

As I always say in most of these types of posts it's our decision as to who to follow. There are two powers in this world: God or the devil. If you're not for God then indirectly you are left with the other option that will willingly interfere in your life. God won't due to freewill. Satan steals. God will be there for you as soon as you ask.

Feel free to pm me if I can help in any way. I can say prayers for you which I know will help because I would be asking the Holy Spirit to work within you.

Please be well, big hugs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join