It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Killed In Syria Fighting ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
An Australian man who was fighting with the Kurdish YPG has been killed in the conflict around Tel Hamis in Syria.

I can't find much more details about this at the moment, some sources state his nom de guere was Ashley, others say Bagok.

He is apparently the first foreign fighter who has joined the YPG in their fight against ISIS to have been killed.

Source

edit on 25-2-2015 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

A very sad thing indeed. This mans bravery is a testament to people who stand up to people like ISIS

RIP

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I have deep respect for the Kurdish people and it saddens me that their ally has fallen, may he RIP.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Apparently, the YPG has confirmed his death. Hopefully the Australian government will take a swift and logical approach to the situation and help in discerning the facts and possibly bringing his body home. Perhaps his Kurdish comrades could carry him back to base and see if he could be transported home. That would be best.

In any case, it is sad to see someone die. Especially when they left their life in Australia for a cause against IS. Hopefully his family finds some sort of comfort. RIP.
edit on 25-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Deserves the up most respect for his brave sacrifice for a cause we all support. Hopefully before he fell he took out a few ISIS vermin. RIP
To the family: Take comfort in the fact that he was a very brave hero!
Down with ISIS!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
He took the saying to heart.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

And he paid the ultimate price for his ideals. RIP

new topics

top topics

join