It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Crazy am I to think I know where MH370 is? Jeff Wise in NY Magazine

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath
a reply to: drock905

Very interesting read indeed

But I Wonder why country's radars just extend to the limits of territory. If you're a military, you want to see them before they enter your air space. Can someone enlighten me on this topic. I thought radar were overlapping each other on land, going beyond borders.

a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

This is very much a misconception among the general public with regard to Air Traffic Control and our roles with regard to airspace.

Air Traffic Controllers provide seperation services to aircraft that we are talking to against known or observed targets. There are different classifications of airspace....some require radio contact with ATC but those are only around really busy airports. and normally fairly low altitudes. Also in the US above 18000 feet all air traffic is required to call ATC.

If a plane turns off his transponder, with current military ATC systems we cannot tell what altutude the plane is at, and we really dont care, if he is not talking to us. We just issue traffic on the target to any aircraft we are talking to and say altitude and type unknown.

We do not police airspace as a general rule, even military Air Traffic Controllers....we arent police of the sky, we provide a service to the users. We cannot make a pilot do anything, as all final decisions are made by the pilot in command on weather or not to follow ATC instruction.

Also terminal control Digital airport survelliance radars see out to 60nm. Long range radars that centers use can see further and those facilities will use multiple feeds for continuous coverage....

Overseas most areas provide procedural non-radar services enroute as they do not have the recourses of the US....

Lots of money is required to maintian all of this ATC equipment which must be re-certified every so often.

Bottom line: I dont sit at my scope watching to protect what airspace i have.... You could take off and fly right through my airspace and if you didnt call me and I had no other traffic near you, I would not know you were there, nor would i care.

V/r,

Atcgod
edit on 25-2-2015 by AtcGod because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2015 by AtcGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

As much as I love the fact you like to only single out the US, your flaw is the fact Diego Garcia is not a US military base. It is a British military base which has an American contingent so you would need to include the British in your plan.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AtcGod

What ARTCC do you work for?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

As much as I love the fact you like to only single out the US, your flaw is the fact Diego Garcia is not a US military base. It is a British military base which has an American contingent so you would need to include the British in your plan.

My "plan"???

Please go back and re-read any and all of my posts until you find one where I endorse any theory about the plane landing in Diego Garcia.

You are about 180% degrees wrong.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 was a Boeing 777-200ER. The 777-200ER's use Rolls-Royce Trent 800 engines which are usually leased (by the mile) thru Rolls-Royce to save Boeing money in assembly costs. The lease option comes with a maintenence package which includes real-time 24/7 monitoring, using sophisticated built-in electronics/sensors, by Rolls-Royce Monitoring Center technical engineering staff capable of recognizing even repairing and troubleshooting most any situation that may occur related to the Trent 800 power plant. This includes 24/7 GPS monitoring of engines anywhere in the world. So if a problem is at a critical stage, an aircraft can be redirected to the nearest safe landing location available for repairs. They know, and have known, exactly where that jet is. They've known all along. Start this YouTube video at 13:00 and see for yourself... "Rolls-Royce, How To Build A Jumbo Jet Engine -HQ- (Part 3/4)" www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrscary3721

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 was a Boeing 777-200ER. The 777-200ER's use Rolls-Royce Trent 800 engines which are usually leased (by the mile) thru Rolls-Royce to save Boeing money in assembly costs. The lease option comes with a maintenence package which includes real-time 24/7 monitoring, using sophisticated built-in electronics/sensors, by Rolls-Royce Monitoring Center technical engineering staff capable of recognizing even repairing and troubleshooting most any situation that may occur related to the Trent 800 power plant. This includes 24/7 GPS monitoring of engines anywhere in the world. So if a problem is at a critical stage, an aircraft can be redirected to the nearest safe landing location available for repairs. They know, and have known, exactly where that jet is. They've known all along. Start this YouTube video at 13:00 and see for yourself... "Rolls-Royce, How To Build A Jumbo Jet Engine -HQ- (Part 3/4)" www.youtube.com...

Baloney. I do not for one minute buy that "they" know where the plane is. I suspect that the realtime monitoring is not as realtime as we might think.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mrscary3721

The EHMS doesn't come with GPS monitoring. Rolls Royce doesn't care about where the aircraft is, only the health of the engines.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The EHMS doesn't come with GPS monitoring. Rolls Royce doesn't care about where the aircraft is, only the health of the engines.

and you cannot advise the aircraft to land at the nearest suitable airport if you dont know where it is. I believe that there are certain points in the journey where data is gathered about the engines and relayed to the manafacturer. These are when the plane has stopped climbing after takeoff and every hour or so I believe.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: qmantoo

"Problem with the #1 engine developing. Advise land nearest airport. "

Now tell me why I would need to know what the nearest airport is. The decision where to land, or even if to land is entirely on the crew.
edit on 2/25/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Fair enough.. I took the conversation you and rebelv had in the wrong way.

My apologies.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

Sorry wrong member. Psynic is not the thread originator.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

The US knows where the plane is. It was lost a stones throw from Diego Garcia the American base. Anyone here like to tell me that plane was not covered by rader in the vincinity of the base.

Of course they know and if they have not released the information I would guess they are complicit..

purp.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman
First of all the story opens with Chief of police in Indonesia "claims" he knows where MH 370 is. Then goes on to say he spoke with Malaysian chief of police but names a man who retired in1994. Current chief of Malaysian police says that he never spoke to him.
Malaysian authorities would like to know which agencies this guy spoke to as they have no information about the location of the plane. This article is six months old and there has been no further comment from or on this guy who "claims" he knows something.
PS: Maylaysian authorities never said they knew. This guy was from Indonesia not Malaysia.
edit on 2252015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

It was lost a stones throw from Diego Garcia the American base.

purp.

I'd like to see the person can throw a stone from the Southern Indian Ocean and hit Kazakhstan.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
It's clearly stated in the video...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I just read all the data on Rolls Roynce website for this engine including the monitoring process and they do not include any GPS services. They monitor maintainence records and engine "health". Even their optional care package which does include flying a maintainence expert to your site for repairs does not include any GPS services. You'll have to tell them where to send the guy lol : mrscary3721

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well it's not stated anywhere on Rolls Royce website funny thing.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The video won't even load. Who says this is actually from rolls Royce in the first place because they sure don't speak of any GPS feature on their website and you'd think they would. A search of their site for GPS services gives zero results. How do you explain that?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
How about a slow but steady rise in tempurature that doesn't respond to troubleshooting procedures. And out of the two nearest airports capable of a 777 landing, airport A is 75 miles away. Airport B is 90 miles away, but is the only one of the two that has Rolls-Royce certified mechanics. Or would be the best choice for the least downtime, etc, etc, etc...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join