It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Vitamin Purchases

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
labdoor.com...

Here's a link to a website that ranks vitamin supplements that I thought was very useful as I take vitamin supplements myself. and you can't always get all those good minerals and extracts out of the food you eat so vitamins are essential if you want to maintain your health to a higher level than the normal person takes it.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The most important as far as I know

Liposomal Vitamin-C + Iodide/iodine + Iodine activating vitamins

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have used rainbow lite whether its placibo effect or not, I feel energized.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I take the Twin Labs Daily one from on that list of cheap ones about once or twice a week. I take the twin labs multimineral tablet every day except when I take the vitamin.

I tried taking other brands, most make me swell up quicker for some reason. even the Daily ones I can't take too often without problems. From my genetics I found I lack adequate enzymes to process Folic Acid properly, but I can use folate. I do not know if that is why I can't take vitamins every day anymore, I used to be able to forty years ago but haven't been able to in the last thirty years or so. I definitely can't take glucosamine. That really bothers me.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

Those vitamins are entirely different as well as the information is ridiculously old...and I know as I work for one of those companies...

the number 1,2 and 5 vitamins are all the same brand-Garden of Life- these are encapsulated Raw (meaning processed under 117 degrees to maintain enzyme and probiotic life of the material. Each of these are "dual cultivated", what that means is yeast and probiotic bacteria are "grown out" over a substrate of USP vitamins. In the materials consumtion of the USP material a peptide bond is formed creating a "food complex" recognized by the body allowing for almost complete uptake of the desired nutrients.

That same company now makes a vitamin that is 100% food USDA certified Organic and Verified Non GMO called My Kind, which is by far and away the best vitamin available on earth.

Most vitamins, frankly all vitamins prior cultivated vitamins and now actual food concentrate vitamins like My Kind...are USP meaning they are usually sourced as an industrial affluent, or a by-product of another industry...usually without "health" as the motivator behind the raw material. USP vitamins are made from a few sources, GMO corn is 99.9% of all ascorbic acid(Vitamin C) available in the market place, any of a number of USP vitamins are isolates created from material residual in the petroleum industry.

For the most part there are a handful of companies producing products used in the vitamin industry, back when I was the buyer there were exactly 4 suppliers in the world of raw vitamin material...all synthetic, or GMO sourced. The only difference between most vitamin products is the dosage, ratios and label.

After 23 years in the industry as a serious player on the inside...I can tell you ...you are mostly throwing your money away unless you buy Garden of Life, New Chapter, Mega Food, some Country Life (food conentrate and cutivated combo) and perhaps...being generous a couple others. I consider Garden of Life without peer in this catagory.

Think about it, your vitamins should not be isolates, they don't exist in nature as a food commodity, so why do you think your body wants them? why do you think you have to take the isolates with food?...because your body cannot recognize them...dont even get me started on excipients and binders in tableting.

Do yourselves a favor and buy Garden of Life, or at the least the other few companies I mentioned.
edit on 22-2-2015 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thats because you are supposed to manufacture folic acid from naturally occuring Folate my friend...switch to Garden of Life

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Rainbow Light is considered a fairly good brand, their food additions do help in assimilation.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

A nice share thank you.

The company however, sells the products it rates and is owned by a capital firm.

www.mlive.com...

Online dietary supplement retailer LabDoor is joining the investment portfolio of IncWell, a venture capital firm based in Birmingham, the company announced Wednesday.

LabDoor counts Mark Cuban, celebrity billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks, as its first institutional investor.

I'd take their recommendation with a 'grain of salt' as they do make money off of sales.

I do know that 'NOW' products are consistently of high quality and recommended by natural - leaning doctors and practicioners.
The company says it analyzes the purity and potency of hundreds of dietary supplements and energy drinks at FDA-registered labs and then offers them online at labdoor.com and via its mobile application. More than one million customers use its website and mobile app each year.

Tom LaSorda
Courtesy photo

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Rainbow Light is considered a fairly good brand, their food additions do help in assimilation.

I wish they weren't so expensive. I will look to see if the brand you mentioned above is vegan and available near me. I switched to adding protein powder to smoothies because t.j.maxx seems to always have them on clearance.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Actually NOW products are the bargain basement of the industry, they are the only brand priced LOWER than Private Label...so no, I would say NOW is the last brand I personally would choose to give anyone in my family...but hey thats just me. Cheap retail...always means cheap as hell raw materials...and I dont think I need to explain what that means.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

My Kind is the only Vegan, USDA Certifeid Organic, Verified GMO Free, actual food vitamin in the marketplace...heck its Kosher too. Its almost always sold at discount in brick and mortar stores akin to 35-40% plus 3$ coupons available on the shelf or in the actual box.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I prefer my raw vegetable or raw vegetable vitamin supplements. You body absorbs those better. I fell better and think i get my vitamins naturally not from a lab. Who knows what else you get beside less effective absorption of the vitamin. It's synthetic most of the time. Food provides what you need. That is how nature intended it to work.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket
I will keep an eye out. These are the types of things you find on sale when you dont expect to and need to stock up. I have two tubs of 22 days right now that I keep forgetting to use. :-(

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

However the shown company associated with Mrk Cuban has nothing to do with the number 1,2 and 5 products listed, nothing at all, so that really doesnt affect the discussion, besides the number 1 sellers and top sellers are very easy to get via SPINS scans. The data processing agency for the industry.

As I said that data is old as hell, but pretty accurate to spins for say...5 years ago

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

If you live in Ohio, or Indiana I can personally help you find a great deal every day.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
But but but...don't we get vitamins from food? Are these supplements for those people who don't actually eat well? I know for sure that vitamin supplements sure cost a lot, don't they?
Wow, just wow.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Actually NOW products are the bargain basement of the industry, they are the only brand priced LOWER than Private Label...so no, I would say NOW is the last brand I personally would choose to give anyone in my family...but hey thats just me. Cheap retail...always means cheap as hell raw materials...and I dont think I need to explain what that means.

Thanks for telling me that - I'm surprised because I trust the people that have recommended some of their products and have had good success with them. As I don't use a lot of their products, I'll probably just keep your experience in mind on future purchases.

A question, off-topic, if you don't mind.

I realized from your post that I am probably operating under old information in many areas. Things that may have been true 10 - 15 years ago that probably have changed.

My question is about vitamin C - specifically Ascobic Acid and the mineral Ascorbates used in making lyposomal vitamin C.

My understanding, from the past, was that all Vitamin C was sourced from China. That's one question.
And that it was synthetic but that natural (aceroal???) sources could not provide the necessary volume (weight???) of vitamin C for either lyposoma or intraveneous solutions for high dose Vitamin C protocols.

I've been a big Vitamin C booster all my life, vitamin C cured my uncles bladder cancer in the 70s and no cancer ever returned and he lived to the 90s, lately I've a friend with Hep C who takes 30 gms of liposomal (homemade) a day who's viral load in nearly undetectable and she's had it for 30 years.

Now you present me with information that vitamin C is grown or manufactured from GMO corn. Disturbing to say the least. Has Vitamin C always been derived from corn? Are all the mineral varieties devired from corn. And when did the process switch from non-GMO to GMO corn.

I fear I'm not asking all or the right questions about vitamin C and would be grateful for any futher or pertinent information.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

However the shown company associated with Mrk Cuban has nothing to do with the number 1,2 and 5 products listed, nothing at all, so that really doesnt affect the discussion, besides the number 1 sellers and top sellers are very easy to get via SPINS scans. The data processing agency for the industry.

As I said that data is old as hell, but pretty accurate to spins for say...5 years ago

It does in the sense that the company "Labxxxx" sells the suppliments that it reviews. No he nor his company have a direct link but they do act as distributors for the products.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I've used New Chapter for several years and I do feel it's high quality. I'm willing to try the other you mentioned though.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Ok Vitamin C, Liopsomal etc...

1st let me explain...all US RDA (recommended allowances) are based on isolates, the problem there is again, the dosages established decades ago, used isolates which as we read above, our body does not absorb optimally. It takes vastly higher amounts of an isolate in order to gain the required benefit to the body. Again thats why we take isolates with food, to aid in their assimilation. Isolates, as mentioned above cause bloating, discomfort, gas etc...the list is long be it soy and whey or vitamin isolates, your body has a inflammatory response in many cases from their consumption. Now here is where it gets interesting: Vitamin C was isolated from a food source Paprika Pepper in 1937, by Albert Szent-Györgyi. Essentially, he was curing scurvy with Paprika Peppers and wanted to isolate the compound. The long story short, is that the more the compound was isolated, the more it took to mitigate the disease. One can draw from that example a clear understanding of the relationship we have with dosage as well as absorption of isolates.

Acerola berry that you mentioned is a type of cherry exeptionally high in Vit C, other extremely high sources are available, Amla berry being another, and is considered the best by Ayurvedic practitioners. Liposomal C as well as some other types are refered to as "better" due to their time spent in the blood stream, liposomal is utilizing a fat obviously. In every case I go with how an article acts in nature for how I want it to be received in my body. If Vit C was intended to stay in the blood stream extra long, it would, I question Mans wisdom here at least for the time being. Massive doses of Vit C have been highly effective for fighting various cancers through the years, so I am really happy about your family members success.

I recommend the Raw C produced by GoL, Mega Food or flat out from your food, broccoli has a ton of Vit. C much more than oranges and has 3 forms of Folate for our friend a while back that is taking folic acid!

<<   2 >>

join