It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COLD Weather is currently disrupting daily life (USA)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
For the second winter in a row extreme cold weather is disrupting the way of life in the Midwest/NorthEast sections of the USA. We are smashing any and all cold weather records. Schools continue to close, business close, churches close... Most people who live by me laugh hysterically at global warming and the talks of this past year being the "warmest on record" (after temperature adjustments, of course).

Yes, these are from Drudge today, feel free to Google search there are hundreds of pages detailing the cold weather records and how they are actually affecting the lives of people.
Great Lakes most ice since recording started
Four cities set new all time record lows
120 year old cold weathe record broken in DC

Is this section of the USA becoming the new north pole? Our kids have missed six or seven days of school this year just due to cold weather. That's on top of the days when six+ inches of snow was dropped on us. And I can't even imaging how awful things are in Boston/Maine.

When is something going to be done to combat this extreme cold weather? Perhaps some new taxes? Or a convention of rich current and former politicians? We need some relief!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Is this section of the USA becoming the new north pole?

Our Canadian gift to you. Or is it Russia? China? Well, whoever the hell owns it...

Personally I think it belongs to Santa Claus and he's just as pissed about the warmth up there as well so...Merry Christmas!

Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

As told in the bible of the Church of Warmingology: "hot is bad and cold is good", or "it is not because it is cold locally that the planet is not warming" or my ever favorite one: "phase change of liquid water to ice require heat, thus warming cause ice".

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Be happy, you do not have to shovel cold......an old Yooper saying.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Unfortunately, most people simply lack the intellectual skills to look at the situation beyond their own backyards. The people 'laughing hysterically' fall into that group. It is the fact that the climate has changed (warmed dramatically) that has allowed the disruption of the jet stream, ocean currents, and longstanding weather patterns. While up here in New England we are freezing our nips off while buried under record-breaking snow, other parts of the country and other parts of the world are experiencing exactly the opposite. Climatologists warned loudly about this trend many years ago. They told us that storms would become increasingly severe, precipitation would increase dramatically, and weather patterns would be disrupted. All has proven true. Climate change has caused the jet stream to funnel arctic air very deep into the U.S.. Climate is global and not local phenomenon.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The Climate warming liars are way ahead of you........Climate change. Now they are covered in every direction. Truth be told I live in the Siberia of the US.....Wisconsin so I wanted global warming.

6 months of freezing your but off sucks. I do enjoy the wicked storms we get in the summer/spring.
edit on 20-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I am more upset that my children haven't had school hardly at all and its way too cold to send them out to play!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

And here in the Pacific Northwest, we are warm. This winter we have had no snow at all in our little valley when normally we have at least one or two snowfalls a winter. Our rain is way way behind normal and there is no snow pack in the Cascades to feed our river systems this summer. We are, along with California, in a drought.

We watch the weather reports of things there in the East and wonder how you are getting all the cold and snow. The weather reports with all the pictures show that the storms that usually come straight in off the Pacific now are being blown North because of warm air coming up from down South. These storms detour north of the warm air and then seem to be flowing back down with the cold air from further north into the rest of the country raining and snowing and freezing your asses off while we are already having to get out and care for our yards as if it is May.

At my house we have almost given up our evening fires, our woodshed is only partially emptied. And Our propane is running about half normal for heating during the day.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I am tired of this.

It must really be a slow news week.

IT"S WINTER!!!!!

And yes, if they would actually go back and do some research.

It has been this cold before.

Sheesh.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm going to use "science" and it'll be official because everything I say will have scattered through it those little " " marks.

Jesus "discovered" the dinosaurs in 1492. It's in the Common Core history books. look it up.

Since then, people have been moving to other places on the "planet". (see what I did there? " " < ----)

When those people move, they also bring furnature which is "heavy" and causes "gravity" to make mother-in-laws much "fatter".
The fatter in-laws caused portions "of" the earth to bulge like your stomach "after" a big meal.

This created "wind-blocks" called El Niño . (Which is the dutch term for "hairy tomato elbow")

El Niño (also known as Larry) carries winds from other places like a new girlfriend will carry baggage into a new "relationship".

This causes you to spend "too" much time talking about how great her ex-boyfriend was which causes you to oversleep and miss "work" the next day.

Thus the "disruption" in the midwest.

I hope that cleared it up "for" everyone.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Wow, Beezzer. I thought maybe you were hibernating down the rabbit hole.

I like your explanation, it is a very scene terrific explanation.

edit on 20-2-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

If you are saying this from Wisconsin or Minnesota fair enough if you are saying this from Arizona/Texas.......

Truth be told you are right but living with 6 months of below freezing temps makes you a little grumpy.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Deep East Texas here... Currently it is 70°F, and tomorrow it states that it will be the same. However, on Sunday were are suppose to be in the 30°F's. The flip flopping of temps is not good for my plants, although, to be fair, some of the plants are thriving in these colder temps. It is my hope that they will harden and have no issues (*Crossing Fingers*).

I am ready for summer, I am ready for the pool, warmer temps (Texas Summers, you know, 100+°F afternoons, 60°F mornings), and bike rides. This cold can go, for all that I care.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Meanwhile in the west coast of Canada we are having one very warm winter with temperatures averaging 10c since December. Some days have been 18c.

Most of the west coast ski hills are completely bare of snow when we usually see at least 100cm. Some winters our cabin gets 700cm.

I guess you get an extreme one way and the other part has to give.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I am more upset that my children haven't had school hardly at all and its way too cold to send them out to play!

Maybe you should home school? If you're stuck at home with them anyway, what could it hurt. I have a friend working on a Masters Degree in English...On Line! I'd be willing to bet there's curricula out there for your kids online. And there's another great benefit...less exposure to disease! You're kids won't be exposed to all the diseases that the other kids bring with them to schools.

I live in a rural county, population of 34,000 and I was amazed to learn that so many in this county are now homeschooling in my county and the surrounding counties that some of the public schools are closing and at the same time, our property taxes are declining. Pretty interesting. And the home school families are "clustering" to get together for sports events and physical exercise programs.

Anyway...just a thought. The time they lose, they can never get back. Good luck!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Yep, MI. -13 this morning. Without wind chill.

So yeah, I am a bit grumpy.

But I'm also old enough to remember the 70's winters.
edit on 20-2-2015 by chiefsmom because: clarify

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Climatologists warned loudly about this trend many years ago. They told us that storms would become increasingly severe, precipitation would increase dramatically, and weather patterns would be disrupted.

Not being a climatologist, what do I know? What I do know is that when I began paying attention to the climate change theories it was 1995 and what you point out above is EXACTLY what was being predicted. So, warming, cooling, man made, solar flares, solar system temps going up, radiation from the depths of the galaxy or whatever, our weather patterns do have an appearance of being in a state of flux

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skada
Deep East Texas here... Currently it is 70°F, and tomorrow it states that it will be the same. However, on Sunday were are suppose to be in the 30°F's. The flip flopping of temps is not good for my plants, although, to be fair, some of the plants are thriving in these colder temps. It is my hope that they will harden and have no issues (*Crossing Fingers*).

I am ready for summer, I am ready for the pool, warmer temps (Texas Summers, you know, 100+°F afternoons, 60°F mornings), and bike rides. This cold can go, for all that I care.

Yeah, North Texas in the Dallas area. It's almost 60 now but we will be getting freezing rain/ice Sunday night into Monday morning. One day I'm piled up in sweaters and coats the next day I'm digging my shorts out. We cannot put away seasonal wear.

But I'm not complaining. It's waaaaayyyy better than negative degree temps!! (I feel for all of you suffering from this, including my family up north!)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: SubTruth

Yep, MI. -13 this morning. Without wind chill.

So yeah, I am a bit grumpy.

But I'm also old enough to remember the 70's winters.

I actually like the snow but hate the cold. I grew up in the Sandy,UT right in mouth of little cotton wood canyon and we used to get tons of snow but mild temperatures in the winter. I really.....really....really miss Sandy,UT.

I wish life would could give me the chance to go back and raise my family in such a good place. Awesome people and awesome weather = I sure do miss that place.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
About a foot of anow in NE KY and -15/-25 last night in NE KY/S OH.

We had a poster here from Boston that I've stayed in touch with, she said the snow is up to her shoulder in places.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join