It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello folks. This place is huge and I'm a noob

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hello everyone!

OK, where to start? I'd like to say that it is exciting to get back into forum posting again. It's been a while for me. A few years back I was an Admin on a Lord of the Rings website. The site was very dynamic in those days....seemed like a golden age of online community interaction. Lots of dupes, spammers, flamers and the like. I learned many things about forum posting and contribution. Always using the "no visual cue" methodology. It was awesome. But as time went on the magic seemed to wear off and after a while I resigned. Since then I've kind of kept an eye and an ear out for new sites that might still have that "magic". There are not many but I've decided to give this one a shot.....*waits for riotous applause*, snicker.

Anyway, for the past few years, ever since I reached the age of reason, I've been looking for the truth, if there is such a thing. What I have found is that there is little truth for me out there. So, I spend a great deal of time studying ichthyology, horticulture, conspiracy theory and the like. I'm hopelessly fascinated by biodiversity and have green thumbs on both hands. I also enjoy debate very much (I notice that this site has a debate forum, wow!). I also love history which I see as an open book to teach truth as vile as it can be or as precious and innocent as it often is.
I'm betting that the folks who started this site have seen it all and have often been confronted with moral and ethical issues that would boggle the mind. Online communities can be soooooo inspiring. They can really teach you alot about yourself. What kind of person you are. The community can let you know if you have any talent or if your just another roller-ban eyed member of the great unwashed. I'm always looking for opportunities to improve my mind and also for a chance to renew my faith in humanity. Maybe to find some folks who hold honor and truth as fundamentals rather than high sounding words.

So, I should let you know that I can be disagreeable at times. It's the ony way to grow IMHO. I try to qualify my opinions beforehand and am always willing to be shot down myself if that's how it works. If any of you have ever been debaters than you know what I mean. Words are what we have when eye contact is taken out of the picture.

I've got a long way to go but if David Icke is right than maybe I still have a chance to step into the reflection of reality that I've conjured up and look back to see if there's anything there worth hoping for.

Peace and Love

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I was an Admin on a Lord of the Rings website.

Sheldon, is that you?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Welcome friend! May the light of Iluvatar guide you!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Baronofbrains

Welcome

Have an open mind but many on here know their stuff and you may find yourself believing less of the conspiracies, I used to fall for them all until the good folk of ATS showed me the error of my gullible mind.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Hello and Welcome Baron! You will fit right in here. Enjoy! Syx.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Welcome to the land of the loonie!!
We were all noobs once, most of us dont bite!!, the ones who do, destroy them with kind words.....they hate that!!.
Strap your foil helmet on and enjoy the ride!
All the best.
B. V. H

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Welcome to the ATS community!

if you need help with a Avatar check out this forum:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Hello nice introduction..

Welcome to ATS... the place the world ends every week

purp.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Welcome, and here's the riotous applause you expected:

Check out the guy with gray hair in the fifth row left who's not applauding. That's a guy from GLP who sneaked in.

Hints for posting here: If you aren't seeing the background as dark/grey you're not doing it right. Expanding the screen text will erase most of the side ads, but will leave a slice. The 'search' function is on the top right and looks like a magnifying glass. That's all you need to know, except for a few more things.
edit on 12-2-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome....*glomps*

The truth can often be found in the strangest of places! These days you're a nut/terrorist/undesirable if you talk too much about the Constitution. Maybe that doc is all that's left to hold on to.

No, sadly I'm not Sheldon.

3NL - If I had the Imperishable Flame at hand I would finally know for sure that Balrogs have wings (at least on their heels, haha)

Again, thanks everyone. Not sure how this quote thing works. So many new fangled ways of posting

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Hello!

I am new to forums and I welcome you to ATS!

I really like your membership username!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Hi Baronofbrains, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

For me, I focus on a few pages and just roll from there.

If you look at the bar at the top you see Video Top New Live etc MyATS...

I will check Top occasionally and see what the top topics are. I like to peruse the New threads page (New) for new stuff to chat about and once you are involved in a couple or a few threads, MyATS will show you the threads you have posted on and the newest, most active threads will be at the top.

If you have a particular topic you want to look into, click on the Forums button and scan for something that looks interesting.

Hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I recommend always clicking "Recent > off topic"

Now dats the good stuff.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

top topics

join