It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jupiter Ascending made me think about immortality, what would u do

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Shame that movie is rated so badly

I think people are missing the point

Did I see things that truly are crappy, such as portrayal of Russian family as total idiots. But if you ignore the little things it is really interesting

WOULD YOU KILL BILLIONS so you would never have to die and be young. Unless of course your family member does you in.

WOULD YOU RATIONALIZE IT as you gave those billions life anyway in the first place and so now they are yours to take.

I of course wouldn't, my morality would not allow destruction of entire clusters of species.

But if you would, then you need to deal with evil within you.
edit on 11-2-2015 by PizzaAnyday505 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: PizzaAnyday505

Huh? What are you talking about? A movie, a thought...what's the deal?

Please elaborate...I'm not getting you

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

You think anyone would admit it If they would?.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
You think anyone would admit it If they would?.

Sure why not

This is anonymous message board,
for example I admit I was tempted for 1 min, seeing all that power and lifestyle

But hell, the price is just too damn high

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1

Well I don't want to spoil the plot for people who want to see the movie

Basically, planet earth is property of ET empire. They seeded us, so they can harvest us

So they can be immortal

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Personally it wouldn't even entertain me for a minute.
So you thought about it and for a while you would have done it?.
Good job it isn't true or If it was and you were given less than a minute to decide you would have killed millions.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: PizzaAnyday505

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1

Well I don't want to spoil the plot for people who want to see the movie

Basically, planet earth is property of ET empire. They seeded us, so they can harvest us

So they can be immortal

Okay...
...now I get it, it's a movie that I will find tomorrow and watch.

I'll be back to tell my thoughts.

Thanks Friend

PS
I had never heard of it before...not a movie watcher at all.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Sure I would, but where would I start, what decrepit country would i start the cull first that is my only concern. maybe i would get the U.N. to draw straws!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I dream of immortality,all the time.Living billions of years...hummmmmm that would be great.But all that rest on watching human history unravel before my eyes.So to kill billions of people to attain it wouldn't make any senseso no,I wouldn't do that.But if I can obtain eternal youth through any other mean,yes I would.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I have feed on thousands of chickens, cows and pigs, I had killed billions of bacteria when I take antibiotics just to live a few lousy years more, and all the massacre Ill make in my life won't give me much more than 100 years in the best case, do you really think if someone had the possibility of living forever by killing billions it would not take it?

Besides if you have lived thousands of years and you get the opportunity of living billions more by killing a few billions you would see them differently, they just live a very small fraction of you life, if you don't harvest them it would be a waste as in a matter of few years they would be dead anyways.
edit on 11-2-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I find it ironic that most of the people on planet earth already believe that the human soul is immortal, because their religion tells them so. Yet one of the greatest dreams and pursuits of our species is, immortality.

edit on 2/11/2015 by Klassified because: mis-worded

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Shame that movie is rated so badly

Most of my favourite movies are rated badly.

I'll try and see this one tonight and get back to you.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I find it ironic that most of the people on planet earth already believe that the human soul is immortal, because their religion tells them so. Yet one of the greatest dreams and pursuits of our species is, immortality.

People want immortality to mean they can wake up, go to work, wear their fave shirt, vote, & # their hand for a billion years.

An immortal spirit lacks materialism, & that's a travesty to any normal life loving human.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Jupiter Ascending has some interesting moments, between a lot of garish, overblown, cliche sci fi mumbo jumbo.

It's excessively ambitious which leads to some silly excesses, but it has some original ideas and representations that were thought provoking and inspired.

The way it handles a lot of the tech stuff with holographic displays and computer simulations was really believable, but then the movie reverts to chase scenes across futuristic fire escapes and collapsing walkways.

Too much chasing and shooting and blowing stuff up, by half.

Channing as the hero albino space wolf legionnaire skyjacker (?) could have done with a little less mascara.

A schmaltzy version of Dune.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Hedging their bets.

In Jupiter Assending there's this ruling class, kind of super illuminati race, that control, not only our planet, but all inhabited planets. It's all about business and the product is 'time'. They bottle it, stockpile it and bathe in it for the fountain of youth effect it provides them.

Each vial is made from the genes of 100 human beings, specially bred for their specific qualities.

Once they get a full crop, they harvest it and bottle it. A full crop appeared to be when the Earth's population reached oh, let's say, any day now. There were several references to the maturity of the crop, like they were grapes.

So according to JA, the end is near. Just one final conspiracy to go. Prepare to be rendered by your corporate overlords.

As to the original question, was I tempted by the thought of immortality?

Not for a second.

6/10

edit on -06:0045152562015-02-11T21:56:45-06:00 by Psynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Besides if you have lived thousands of years and you get the opportunity of living billions more by killing a few billions you would see them differently, they just live a very small fraction of you life, if you don't harvest them it would be a waste as in a matter of few years they would be dead anyways.

I am not saying you are evil

But what you wrote is definition of evil, rationalizing murder of billions. I truly hope you don't really think that way deep down

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

I am not saying you are evil

But what you wrote is definition of evil, rationalizing murder of billions. I truly hope you don't really think that way deep down

Open your eyes Pizza.

The privileged few in the west justify murdering billions every day.

There are now industrial farms in Africa producing crops for US market.

Between OIL and Nukes, corps have been destroying the environment to provide luxury for the rich while the poor are left with disease, famine and chaos.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

I know all that, I think you misunderstood me

I am asking would you join those elite, so you too would have all that power and luxury knowing full well what the cost of all that is

This is hypothetical.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I know all that, I think you misunderstood me

I am asking would you join those elite, so you too would have all that power and luxury knowing full well what the cost of all that is

This is hypothetical.

And I'm saying there is nothing "hypothetical" about it.

There exists an elite that are depriving billions of humans from their fair share.

Babies die from malnutrition and illness around the world while these people accumulate unimaginable wealth.

They are evil personified and no, I don't wish to become one of them.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join