It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanoid robot learns how to run

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I thought that Asimo was a fake and they found someone in the back with a remote control. Anyway's I think Asimo is cool.....

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This site goes into more detail.
world.honda.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
That thing is amazing. I saw a video of the older model a while back which was pretty impressive. Just imagine how long it will take before those are in everyones homes .. might take a while but you know its coming with how fast technology is advancing.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I would say in about 20 years they would be filling up our homes. Persanolly I cant wait for it to hit the consumer market. Its going to be so sweet, no more doing laundry,dishes,cleaning.........ahhh its great to be human. The only thing we would have to worry about is the Matrix, Terminator or even Irobot plots unfolding.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
LOL they have been running for a year now

Sony's Qrio Demo of Dancing Robots

www.sony.net..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
Running humanoid robot experiment utilizing QRIO

These guys came out a year ago on the 18 of this month and they can dance LOL

pc.watch.impress.co.jp...

it�s worth watching these guys when I first seen them I thought they where people in costume except there just over a foot tall.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Ahh bloody hell something is wrong with my media player! it keeps saying error downloading the codec file. Does anyone out there know what to do about this or how I can fix it.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
this is not the video I have linked above, but there is 7 realplayer clips

www.sony.net...

oh and the Windows media is working fine for me I think you just need to update the drivers; Open windows media click help then click check for player updates.

[edit on 16/12/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The one video of the four robots dancing ...

I thought that was amazing, I can't wait to see what these things will be able to do when they reach and who knows .. even surpass what a human can do

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hey hey buddy we are trying to avoid the whole Robots making war with us scenario. Although that would be the only way to unit us together ohh and Aliens invading.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Yes well then perhaps we should install a hefty lil killswitch in each .... just as a safety precaution !

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
OH no the Terminater and the matrix are coming true. NOOOOOO.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Yeah lets forget robots and war what about robots like cherry 2000.

Or even a blade runner babe

They�d have to do something about her mullet though.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
lets try and ignore the negative things about robots and focus on the good things! they could clean up the streets/homes/toilets!!! cook our favorite meal, tuck us into bed, they could even call in sick for us!!

and im sure it wil only be a matter of time before someone makes the SEXBOT... and you can guess the rest, there could also be a better version of robot wars!! id call it .... Robot Gladiator!!! how cool would that be??

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
With new carbon fiber nano-tube muscles on the horizon we can expect robots with even more mobility. Besides, computers will be small enough soon to allow for an expansion of the robots A.I., and power can soon be provided by the Excaliber (For more information about the excaliber IM me, its 1 AM, I can't browse for the link)

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Can they learn to fight I want a personal robot body guard

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
A Robot that knows every type of martial arts there is to know would be pretty damn cool. I would like one that is a master chief that can cook just about anything there is to cook.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
No, a cybernetic ninja monkey robot...now THAT'd be cool...
(inside joke)

I thought that Asimo was a fake and they found someone in the back with a remote control. Anyway's I think Asimo is cool.....

I think you're thinking of the South Park episode where Cartman dresses up Butters to be "Awesomo" the robot, hehe...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I found a good video of the running and I have to say I am very impressed.Looks like slowly & steadily Honda is making progress on this humanoid bot. Very hard just to get robots to walk on two legs let alone jog or run.

www.world.honda.com...

Odd

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
When I was 12, I made a really spiffy robot out of some cardboard boxes and my little brother.

Subsequent attempts have not, unfortunately, met with any success.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Could it be possible that one day these Qrio bots could be used for sample gathering on the Moon or Mars? Or do ya'll think they are ineffectiant. I keep having this image in my head of a small army of these guys wandering on Mars far from their landing site. Some of them could be programed for only weather analysis, some dedicated for photographs and others to soil sampling.

I dunno, I am just letting my imagination run away with me.

[edit on 18-12-2004 by Gala-Kemen]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join