It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HSBC Hid Billions for Tax Scammers.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I don't have a Swiss account...(just a holey matress) where my worldly gleanings are stashed.....
But a few hundred bucks is not that much anyways....
The HSBC bank, however has a few dozen billions mouldering in secret for off shore customers....cheerfully and knowingly !!(I surely believe)
for companies and individuals who wany to keep it hodden from the IRS.....
It must be nice to have that much cash stashed away, but I think when the actual bank is colluding in hiding it....with literally millions in unpaid taxes outstanding...well it just shows how the banks play both sides against the middle.....and make a buck both ways....
www.cbc.ca...

British bank HSBC helped hundreds of Canadians hide Swiss accounts from authorities to avoid paying millions of dollars in taxes, CBC News has learned.

That’s one of the takeaways gleaned from a massive collection of documents collected by Hervé Falciani, a former employee of the bank, who blew the whistle on his former employer and handed over reams of data to tax authorities.

edit on 10-2-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

HSBC again....Gotta be one of the most corrupt outfits to keep your dough in....more at the link.....[But I doubt well see a lot of criminal charges ensue...at least not for the bankers....
edit on 10-2-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I find it difficult to see how the Canadian Government doesn't get extremely sh--ty with this UK arm of the hsbc. I would be furious is another country helped my nationals to nide their sometimes ill-gotten gains its absolute treachery.

I wanted to look at the personal profiles of the directors and was interested to see how little there is on wiki which means they are hiding their lives and backgrounds. Something you don't need to do if you are honest, except for security reasons for your family, but information about your past should not need to be hidden if you are such a pillar of society as bankers think themselves.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

The HSBC scandal is big news in Germany too.

To be fair, it's not only Canadians:
Acording to NDR, WDR, and "Süddeutsche Zeitung" (in cooperation with the ICIJ) it is also Brits, French, Spaniards and Germans, all kinds of criminals - like arms and drug dealers, and even financiers of international terrorism.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Wasn't HSBC recently in the news for laundering terrorist and drug cartel money knowingly? No arrests. Too big to prosecute is how they put it.

Just checked and yup it was them.

www.bloomberg.com...

I am sure there will still be those who defend their actions.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

So not only are there corporations "too big to fail" but they are too big to prosecute now as well?

I say that the bigger they are the harder they fall. If they fail it is natural selection and bailouts are the support system they rely on when they should be dying out and going extinct. Mega fauna tried the "too big to fail" trick and they ended up as food, clothes and shelters for the lowly and "primitive" "cave men". The big game of the past are just bones in the dust now. Too big to survive is more like it.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Somebody will be punished and pay. Some disabled poor fool, or a working single parent, or some old geezer, or a renter, or a homeowner, or they will steal someone's pension. But someone will pay.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It blows my mind how there doesn't seem to be a backlash from the UK posters here.......
The HSBC should have been declared a criminal bank long ago....they have pulled trillion dollar scams in the past....

new topics

top topics

join