It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm From South Africa And We Are Facing An Imminent National Power Grid Full Shutdown...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Because The $**«\* Utility Company Neglected To Do Its Proper Maintenance For Years!

mybroadband.co.za...
Google:possible power grid failure in South Africa

There are controlled rolling blackouts here everyday called load shedding and every area gets load shedded officially for up to two hours but some people are complaining they get it up to twelve hours at a time!

They are trying to protect our nations power grid from a system failure and a full system shutdown! If this happens it could take up to four weeks to restart the grid. We could be without power for up to four weeks in a nation where the majority of our indigenous population still live in townships which are basically glorified squatter camps and they are waiting for a chance (I think) to do to us what happened in Zimbabwe.

I pray my faith in Christ takes me and my family through this.

I've stockpiled some clean water and busy stockpiling some food and candles in case the lights do go out but still there are millions of poverty stricken (Zulus) in squatter camps all over the country. If our grid fails there will be a bloody and savage civil war here which might not even end when the lights come back on again.

I also think its a black flag event and the zionists who control earth are doing a controlled social experiment to push their agenda.

I am afraid but I won't lose my faith in Christ.

So in case the grid here goes down I just wanted to say thanks to everyone at ATS for putting up with me here, its been fun.

I pray it doesn't happen and so is the rest of our country.

God speed.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Some confirmation....

South Africa is on high alert as a surge of power plant maintenance issues have led to a spike in enforced black-outs throughout the country, temporarily depriving millions of electricity and raising criticism of the government's failure to address a longstanding need for more energy infrastructure.

Eskom, the government-owned electricity company which supplies 95 percent of South Africa's electricity and 45 percent of electricity used by the African continent, has admitted that it is currently facing a "risk of collapse of its entire power network."

If that happened, South Africa and portions of surrounding countries could be submerged in darkness for upwards of two weeks.

South Africa’s Power Grid Is on the Brink of Collapse

What Is Going ON ?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

So your power is supplied by a public utility . Normally these type of problems surface when power supply is privatised .If everything is automated as it should be then the grid wont shut down as such . Infrastructure wont or should not break from overloading . Circuit breakers should open then the power is put back on in stages . To avoid power shedding try living next to a member of parliament or whatever they are called there . Oddly their power never seems to get cut .

Now having another look at their excuse for losing the whole grid the question i would be asking is how can they possibly lose a power station . If the system is that bad management heads need to roll .
edit on 10-2-2015 by hutch622 because: edit to add

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Godspeed. My friend crazy stuff , remember its better to be tried by twelve than carried by six.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Industrial infrastructure collapses, oppressed indigenous population reclaims the country.

I dunno, I don't really see a problem with that. It waxes justice poetic, even. The fact that revolution is a real possibility as a result of technological failure speaks volumes about the power (no pun intended) structures at work not only in the subjugation of the indigenous population, but also in the unhealthy dependence on technology in the western world.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

damn that sucks.
Would you mind telling me what areas exactly? i lived in johannesburg for about 4 years, i still have many friends there, in areas like sunninghill and fourways, some others in durban...
We had load shedding in my area when i was living there, they would cut the electricity for 3 to 5 hours a day...i can't imagine it being gone for weeks :O
All the best, mate.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Industrial infrastructure collapses, oppressed indigenous population reclaims the country.

I dunno, I don't really see a problem with that. It waxes justice poetic, even. The fact that revolution is a real possibility as a result of technological failure speaks volumes about the power (no pun intended) structures at work not only in the subjugation of the indigenous population, but also in the unhealthy dependence on technology in the western world.

I thought the indigenous people had control of the government now or is that incorrect? When Apartheid ended people who had long held government positions were put out in the streets and replaced. Many whites now live in squatter camps too so I don't think the situation is quite what everyone is painting it here.

Why the power company would be about to collapse would most likely have to do with maximizing profits at the expense of regular maintenance.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
buddy, just come one over here to the good ol USA and we shall welcome you with open arms. As long as you pay your bill and stay away from Southern California, your power should always be fine. Expensive as # sometimes, but it will still be there uninterrupted.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Ouch that is a scary prospect....hope you and your family stay safe

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I worked for 4 years in a power station and it would probably astound the public how much in the UK the government steals from the money made by selling electricity to the businesses and domestic consumers. They put just enough back into the power system in order for it to stagger on. I doubt the SA government is much different and I suspect SA is the tip of the ice berg because, a lot of the companies that use to supply parts for the national grid have disappeared and its the usual if it aint broke, don't give it any money syndrome and we will all pay for it except our illustrious ministers who will all have wind turbines like cameron.

Sorry to hear about your dire situation and hope they can repair and maintain your grid. People don't realise how vip the grid is to our every day lives - let alone security and no power for our technology today. Bad choices were made in the past and perhaps they are coming to roost sooner rather than later.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I am afraid but I won't lose my faith in Christ.

Well thats not gonna be much use if those Zulu's come a knockin' now is it?

You should be putting your faith in a gun or two for your protection

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I'm also in SA and i have to say its only going to get worse (power wise).
Here is a post that also comes from mybroadband that sums up what happened:

he view below is from an Eskom engineer . (1977 – 2004) (Forced to take Early Pension due to Affirmative Action) Eskom (when it was the Electricity Supply Commission) was one of the best companies in the world. It was owned by all South Africans, and was a non-profit making organization. Money was always set aside, by selling electricity for more than it cost to produce, making profit for replacement and expansion. No World bank or Government loans) In 1994 it was turned into a business with the government as sole shareholder. This was done to collect further tax from those who actually pay for electricity, and to provide a vehicle for the implementation of government policies in the form of job creation and black empowerment. Profits, and the money set aside for replacement and expansion and maintenance, was paid to the government as dividends. The sole 'shareholder' directly appointed most of the executive, and non-executive directors. These appointments came out of the ranks of the ANC, and were people with no managerial or Power Plant experience. The people started getting appointed & promoted based on potential. They couldn't perform the work, but, The people who could do the work, but were retrenched based on skin colour, were re-employed as contractors. Although no additional work was getting done, (due to lack of funds because of the increased workforce of roughly 23%) this was fine because the government wanted to reduce unemployment. In order to bring relief to poverty stricken townships, Eskom directors were instructed to produce the cheapest electricity in the world. This plan did not work, because of all the extra wages, contractors, a management team that did not have a clue how to run a Power plant, Resulted in ESCOM running into huge losses for the first time in history. To compensate for this, the non-competent management team cut the maintenance budget by 55% This were the first “crack” in the once stable, profit making Power giant’s foundation. The sole shareholder in the Mbeki era, wouldn't allow Eskom to build any further power stations, saying that this would be done by private investors. The private investors didn't come to the party because electricity was too cheap (remember the reduced fee for the poverty stricken masses) to provide adequate return on investment. Five years too late Eskom was allowed to expand and build 2 huge, new power stations, but it didn't have any money. . . This had to be borrowed. The reason for this was that the ANC government instructed ESCOM NOT to cut the power to non-paying black townships, resulting in HUGE losses. (In the 2014-2015 book year, Soweto was R670 million in arrears, with more the than 5.2 million illegal aliens) The “New” black uneducated, with no experience, signed a contract with the Richards Bay Hillside Smelter To deliver 120 MW of power, for 25 years (Who in his right mind sign a contract for such a long period?) At a reduced cost of 27% of the real cost of electricity. ( 120 MW is enough power to run a city the size of Vereeniging) The ANC, the sole shareholder, wanted a piece of the cake (the two new Power plants) and 'got' a big piece of Hitachi - the company who 'won' the contract to supply the boilers for these power stations. Because of this Eskom wasn't allowed to take Hitachi to court when poor, sub grade materials were supplied. Then Eskom, with its reduced standards, attempted to project manage the construction of these new power stations by itself. What a calamity !!!!! The money was borrowed from the World Bank, however because they are coal stations a requirement was the installation of flue gas de-sulpherisation. This hasn't happened (yet) because of insufficient water. So Eskom (they don’t mention the ANC Government) is in the s..t with the World Bank. In short, because of taxation, affirmative action, transformation, employment, equity, BBBEE, lots and lots of corruption, a bloated and bureaucratic workforce etc, Eskom has run out of money and generation capacity, standards have dropped dramatically, corporate memory is being lost at an alarming rate due to “forced” retrenchments of skilled, qualified white persons with years of experience. Today Eskom is attempting to borrow the money for the steam generator replacement at Koeberg from a French bank. One of the questions that this bank is asking is about post Fukushima safety improvement progress. Guess what !!!!! Because there is no money .......... As is always the case, SOMEONE must pay. So Eskom wanted to dramatically increase its price. The government (who is also the sole shareholder) wouldn't allow an increase large enough to cover the cost of its mismanagement. So Eskom is bankrupt, And, there is no money for maintenance, so the situation will carry on until total breakdown is the last resort.

that is from: mybroadband.co.za...

I'm not a religious guy but if there is a god he is not in SA.

hurtz

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Thanks, I can't tell you which areas are affected but here is a shorter list of areas which are not affected:
List of areas in South Africa not affected currently:
1. -0

Its a country wide situation.

And its three or four YEARS before were out of the woods in otherwords the grid could collapse anytime between now and three to four years! Even our government and cabinet have contigincy measures in place already to be secured at an undisclosed location.

Very real situation

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Hi bud, sorry I had to laugh. #1 yes the indiginous people have the government now. #2 yes max profit for min maintenance but white squatter camps? No bud, no white squatter camps. The only indiginous who's lives got better when they won the election were those in the government. No 'whites were put out on the street'.

There are still millions and millions of poverty stricken indiginous people in squatter camps all over the country waiting with baited breath for a chance to take over if something like the grid goes down for a few weeks happens. They have nothing and I mean literally nothing to lose.

Prayer and faith are all I have left.
edit on 2/10/2015 by HD3DSURROUNDSOUND because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
have you and hd3 considered small solar panel set-ups?
how are market prices in your areas?
it seems a very bad situation and I wish you both all the best.
f.
a reply to: hurtz

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

Unfortunately i stay in a block of flats, so Generators and solar panels are out of the equation. There is however an option to get everything up and running on UPS but if the lights go out for a prolonged period of time thats pretty much useless.

as for white squatter camps: www.jhblive.com...

and just for balance a black squatter camp: media.sacbee.com...

hurtz

edit on 10-2-2015 by hurtz because: fixed link

edit on 10-2-2015 by hurtz because: fixed link again

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

A neighbor of mine is installing 2x rainwater catching jojo plastic tanks 6000 litres each and fitting his house with solar panels but the cheepest quote he got is R250 000 (that's like $25 000 dollars) solar here is pricey.

I've got candels, water, food, matches, female hygine goods (for wife), lots of household bleech and I'm making a bicycle powered generator for small stuff.

I will buy one or two small solar powered lights at about R60 ea (around $6) oh and a battery powered radio

Thanks for the advice

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
And we supply a couple neighbouring countries with electricity & they don't get power cuts (load shedding).

I am so tired of the word "load shedding". One cannot even visit family without a convo coming up.

We will keep faith in Christ.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Edit: Source
edit on 10 2 2015 by ManFromEurope because: Source was missing.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

First off good luck to you, be safe.

Yup could be a testing ground to see what happens when a mass system fault happens. Problem is I don't think it would work as a good vision at what would have all over the world. The systems are run different all over the world. Some would take a lot more to shut down.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join