It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men Were Burned Alive in the Bible Belt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

originally posted by: Tangerine
And yet Christians follow a Middle Eastern religion.

Pfft ..

Maybe they follow a Middle Eastern man, but Christianity is clearly a Roman/Greek creation as we know it today. Well, half Middle Eastern man, half GOD SEED. Hehe.

Had Arian Christianity become the largest sect instead of Catholicism, you'd have a point, considering Arius was Libyan.

Constantine was a European and Paul was a Roman citizen.

And the Old Testament, Yahweh and Jesus are Middle Eastern constructs. When you throw them out and stick to stuff with purely Western origins, you'll have a Western religion. Until then, you've got a Middle Eastern religion with a Western overlay.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

i think it's mostly ancient egyptian religion in disguise, to be honest. i dunno who decided to disguise it though.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
So all Klan members were Christian, is that right, is that what you are implying.

According to the bible Adam and Eve are the parents of humankind and we were all related, it was Darwinism that suggested we were monkeys or some such silly thing
Granted there are Christians who believe we were monkeys or whatever, but understand Jesus taught what Darwin didnt.

Jesus taught creation Hitler taught Darwinism as did Mao and Stalin and Emperor Hirohito.

You got it all backwards, the evil done by Darwinists is incredibly affronting and you ignore it?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

and pol pot?
i know alot about ancient history, so it always surprises me to hear people talk about bible history as if it's the worst thing they ever heard of. well it's not the worst, no. not by a long shot.

edit on 8-2-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
So all Klan members were Christian, is that right, is that what you are implying.

Just as much as all IS fighters are Muslim. Which is to say no, not at all. Neither follow the true teachings of their respective religions.

According to the bible Adam and Eve are the parents of humankind and we were all related, it was Darwinism that suggested we were monkeys or some such silly thing

No. Darwinism and science do not claim that humans have evolved from apes or monkeys. Only that we share a common ancestor with other apes.

Granted there are Christians who believe we were monkeys or whatever, but understand Jesus taught what Darwin didnt.

Jesus taught creation Hitler taught Darwinism as did Mao and Stalin and Emperor Hirohito.

You got it all backwards, the evil done by Darwinists is incredibly affronting and you ignore it?

A lot of Jesus' teachings are actually not known. We know little from the bible, and the best we can surmise is that he was a Jew who practiced and taught Judaism to other Jews. Thanks to Paul, the Catholic Church and other factors, we may never know what exactly made up Jesus' teachings.

That said, every human is capable of evil. The actions of Hitler, Mao and Stalin do not excuse the actions of the Catholic Church, for example. Evil is evil.
edit on 8-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Did they burn him in the name of their religion or because of racism?

A few years ago christians in Africa burnt people suspected of being witches and sorcerers, its obvious they got the idea from the bible -

Exodus 22:18 "Do not allow a sorceress to live"

Not gonna post the video here obviously but feel free to google it.

christians also poured acid down the throats of children they thought as being possessed.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
You can claim any religious belief you want, but if you don't live by the teachings, you are not of that religion. A true New Testament Christian, or even a law abiding citizen, wouldn't have participated in such an act. Other religions would have applauded such an act though. This is misdirection to vilify Christianity when in actuality it should be to condemn humanity in general.
edit on 8-2-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
You can claim any religious belief you want, but if you don't live by the teachings, you are not of that religion. A true New Testament Christian, or even a law abiding citizen, wouldn't have participated in such an act. Other religions would have applauded such an act though. This is misdirection to vilify Christianity when in actuality it should be to condemn humanity in general.

pointing out that christians are not all "turn the other cheek" is not a "misdirection to vilify Christianity ".

also no such thing as a 'new testament christian' because the Old testament is relevant to christianity. therefore burning sorcerers is 'living the teachings' of the bible - Exodus 22:18 "Do not allow a sorceress to live".

Christianity is two faced and the proverbial wolf in sheeps clothing and that is why it is advertised with only the nice bits and leaving out verses like

luke 19:27 - "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

mathew 10:34 - "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

An honest christian tract would say "Jesus loves you but he will have you killed if you dont want him as your king".

edit on 8-2-2015 by rokkuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

I can see that if those passages were not parable and were taken literally. Obviously the Lord doesn't want anyone to be killed, but to have life in abundance, another thing that J.C. said, but you can't take that into account if you want to have people believe that Christ was a blood thirsty tyrant. As for peace, his teachings were bound to cause trouble for those who believed in him, he was just letting the believers know it was a hard road to travel and would cause trouble with unbelievers.

Besides, death is meaningless to a being that over came death and was trying to show others the way to eternal life. Death is certain, salvation is not.

Perhaps you could elaborate on those passages and bring in some context. I'm open to the idea that Christ was actually an evil person pretending to be the prince of peace, maybe you are actually right and there are plenty of examples of his evil intentions. That could give new meaning to "What would Jesus Do?".

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Onslaught2996
Hope the link works, they're still burning witches in Papua New Guinea today, it's become a bit of a problem to say the least. This is a pretty good article and it makes some links with western experiences with tortures and burnings in the name of or under the guise or religion, or simply on the hunt for a scapegoat.
I think in Papua New Guineas case it's more of a superstition than a religion but still horrific obviously.
www.theguardian.com...
edit on 8-2-2015 by generalspecific because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2015 by generalspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

oic
So that means it is cool if i start burning and killing.
Mental midgets first.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You all keep trying to make excuses and provide cover for islamic terrorist. That makes you symphtizers.

Here is a refresher.

Christianity condems killing by way of reformation that jesus brought.

The koran has open ended verses that support killing and is in need of reformation.

A muslim following text is told to kill.

A christian following text is told not to kill.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: generalspecific
Onslaught2996

Hope the link works, they're still burning witches in Papua New Guinea today, it's become a bit of a problem to say the least. This is a pretty good article and it makes some links with western experiences with tortures and burnings in the name of or under the guise or religion, or simply on the hunt for a scapegoat.

I think in Papua New Guineas case it's more of a superstition than a religion but still horrific obviously.

www.theguardian.com...

Do you know how many witches were burnt in salam?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Choosing the burning man was directly tying the Jordanian pilot incident to your premise.

Why are you asking people to distract their disgust at the murder of this Jordian man?

It repulses me today, it repulses me if it was done 100 years ago.

What is your point? We shouldn't be disgusted because it was done before?

edit on 8-2-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Even though your president can get on stage and sympthize with the terrorist by way of taking history out of context that does not mean you can do it.

Be warned that in the usa it is a crime to aid terrorism even by way of verbal support.

You do not have the same freedom of speech rights you did before the twin towers exploded and fell in an act of muslim terrorism.
edit on 8-2-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Morning Star huh ? What an interesting name for a "Christian" Ministry.

do you know the name of the Morning Star ?

it's name is Lucifer, a bit of a worry......

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AkaDeDrow

you should research it a bit.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

the ministry or the name ?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AkaDeDrow

The name.
It is never used to describe lucifer except the name in latin has been.
There are far more references to to others in the bible using morning star and even more than that it is a class of weaponery.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

going on what I've read in the bible KJV and NKJV and other places

try Isaiah 14,12

I'm by no means a scholar on the subject though, just an eclectic reader

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join