It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Witness Cop Murder Citizen - No Arrest

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
My first reaction after reading the article is that we have all been drugged or programmed into a state of becoming completely docile slaves no longer willing or able to protest even the most obvious and egregious crimes.

This morning I read a cover story in the local paper, Fairfax County Times. The article is titled Hidden answers sought in 2013 police shooting

A woman called the police to calm down her angry boyfriend who had thrown her possessions into the yard. Multiple officers arrived.

The calm, unarmed boyfriend stood in the doorway with his hands above his head stating he did not wish to be shot as one officer was questioning him and others had drawn their weapons.

According to county officials, on Aug. 29, 2013, Fairfax County police officers responded to a call by Geer’s domestic partner, Maura Harrington, reporting a dispute with Geer. Geer had thrown some of her belongings outdoors. After police arrived, witnesses claimed the 46-year-old Geer stood unarmed with his hands above his head under the frame of his front door as he was questioned by police, some of whom had their guns drawn and pointed at him. One of those officers then shot and killed him.

The testimony of the officer was uncovered during a lawsuit brought by the dead man's family in a dump of 11,000 pages of unlabeled documents released by the county.

It was seventeen months after the crime that a judge ordered the county to release the name of the cop who shot the man. The absolute balls of the county and their refusal to release any records until ordered to do so also blows my mind. The cop who shot him, Adam Torres, alleged he thought the citizen was reaching for a gun.

His testimony is contradicted by the other officers who were there. Can it be any more cut and dry? Multiple witnesses said the cop shot him in cold blood with no threat to the life of the cop.

In the subsequent Jan. 30 public release of 11,000 related documents including sworn statements, Torres claims that during the incident Geer quickly brought both his hands down to his waist — potentially to grasp an unseen firearm — and Torres shot him.

The county's response, rather than bringing charges against the murderous cop, was a vow to review how documents are released in lawsuits.

I'm stunned. Fairfax County is not some backwater hick town. It has one of the most affluent, well educated populations in the country. It borders Washington, DC and is the home of many congressmen, ex VP, Dick Cheyney, the CIA, etc

I had not even heard of the story till today. I'm stunned that there have not at a minimum been calls by lawmakers in an effort to at least give the pretense that the rules of law are applied equally to government officers. Its obviously a joke to them. An accusation is leveled and they close ranks rather than uncover the truth about this tragedy.

Its as if they are so confident the citizens are so distracted, complacent or docile, that they don't even have to pretend to give a crap when a cop murders one of the citizens they are paid to protect.

What is it going to take to wake us up? What can I do? I'm willing to expend my energy and resources but I feel somewhat powerless and am frankly surprised that my reaction borders on passive resignation. I am struggling with the stupid idea that "Somebody has to do something!" I am waking up to the fact that I am the person I have been waiting for. We are the ones we've been waiting for but now what?

edit on 022015-02-07T09:39:47-06:002015-02-07T09:39:47-06:00092015201507SaturdayAmerica/Chicago47 by mcChoodles because: add quotes

edit on 022015-02-07T09:45:24-06:002015-02-07T09:45:24-06:00092015201507SaturdayAmerica/Chicago24 by mcChoodles because: better quotes

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
As they get more aggressive and become more willing to execute people on the spot, they also make a strong effort to make sure we're afraid to confront them.

"We" will never wake up. Individuals may, but they'll just be shot on sight. Without a large group banding together, the system will just weed out anyone willing to fight for their rights in ones and twos.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Make a big note never to scratch your nose, in front a police officer, for it could land you dead on the spot. I mean damn, what the hell is going on. Our society has become brainwashed. Uneducated masses of people with no way of enforcing the law of the land. Police don't need to be fighters first, they need to caring and compassionate people who listen first, and take note of everyone's arguement. Ill be the first to say the police have a very hard job, but these police have to realize that everyone is different, no situation is the same.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mcChoodles

It borders Washington, DC and is the home of many congressmen, ex VP, Dick Cheyney, the CIA, etc

Not a solid argument right there.

One could say that these cops learned these tactics from their "upstanding" neighbors and residents. In fact it might be something in the water.

Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: mcChoodles A woman called the police

this was the fatal mistake.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

It borders Washington, DC and is the home of many congressmen, ex VP, Dick Cheyney, the CIA, etc

Not a solid argument right there.

One could say that these cops learned these tactics from their "upstanding" neighbors and residents. In fact it might be something in the water.

Peace

Honestly, I am being completely serious. There may indeed be something in the water, air or food that has converted the formerly bad ass constitutionally aware, american citizens into passive wusses. Where is the natural anger? I dare suggest that this could not have happened twenty years ago.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It would be interesting indeed to see an underground organisation form to extract justice for these murdered citizens....
How many more police murders will it take?
People just don't seem to get it that theres a real shooting war going on in America....
The police are being programmed to enforce a totalitarian state...without remorse or conscience....
The murders will only increase....
edit on 7-2-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The double standard is getting old real quick.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
'a dump of 11,000 pages of unlabeled documents released by the county.'

That sounds familiar...long runs the Fox!
It's a pity that Citizens Advice Bureau's never seem have the money clout to sue the like of police departments, or officers who have possibly commited a crime, or of obstructing the official process, or concealment.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

My 1st reaction to reading that article was to remind myself.. I wasn't there & will never really know what transpired.

And as horrific as it sounds.. the media is such a verifiable joke, one would be a gullible fool to outright believe anything as reported on the so called "news".

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
It would be interesting indeed to see an underground organisation form to extract justice for these murdered citizens....
How many more police murders will it take?
People just don't seem to get it that theres a real shooting war going on in America....
The police are being programmed to enforce a totalitarian state...without remorse or conscience....
The murders will only increase....

I'll do you 1 better. Not only is it wrong to call for the deaths of people, but death is too good for them.

Lets start using the police tactic of planting evidence against them. Websites like Silk Road let you mail order drugs to peoples homes. Start mail ordering drugs to the police at their homes, once the packages arrive call the cops with an anonymous tip that they have drugs. Start tracking these and see if the cops get jail sentences or if they're covered up. Do this and track it for a year or two. If the police don't start going down for drug possession leak the list of cop shipments to the media and prove there was a cover up to protect the cops (you'll have to send drugs to a few regular people too in order to prove a bias among the police with who they choose to convict).

They're ruining our lives by planting evidence, false charges, coerced plea bargains, and beatings until you confess to a crime. Using their tactics against them is only fair.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
Make a big note never to scratch your nose, in front a police officer, for it could land you dead on the spot. I mean damn, what the hell is going on.

I've had them bow up and "just want to talk you you, sir" me because I looked at a group of six or seven of them looking all dour hardcore and decked out with tactical gear...at a high school football game...and grinned, then laughed out loud as I walked by.

Man, does laughing at cops pee them right off. It wasn't even a Nelson HA HA HA either, just looked over at this bunch of somewhat out of shape px ranger type cops frowning and holding their weapon butts like they were about to spring into action for 'Murica and got tickled.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
They're ruining our lives by planting evidence, false charges, coerced plea bargains, and beatings until you confess to a crime. Using their tactics against them is only fair.

Be more direct. Just swat them. I would bet they don't even stop to look up the address and see if it's a cop. After the first few, they might, I suppose.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Aazadan

Be more direct. Just swat them. I would bet they don't even stop to look up the address and see if it's a cop. After the first few, they might, I suppose.

Swatting is too indiscriminate, it's essentially random vandalism. Proving corrupting or sending them all away under the same tactics they use to send us away is more focused and can eventually result in actual change.

top topics

join