It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honor Diaries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
youtu.be...

these are Muslim women activist, they want change.

youtu.be...

Honor Diaries traces the work of nine women’s rights advocates who came together to engage in a discourse about gender inequality and honor-based violence. Combining in-depth interviews and round-table discussions with archival footage, the film examines human rights violations in honor-based societies, and the growing trend of honor crimes in Western societies.
edit on 052828p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It's wonderful to see these women working toward their independence! This is something that must come from within a culture. The women must rise up and demand the respect they deserve. No one can go to the men of the culture and say, "Stop treating your women like you do", because they will be discounted and worse.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Thank goodness, and they face threats every day, I have always said change will come from the women of Islam.

They are so brave.

I cried all the way through this.
edit on 052828p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Thanks for posting.

What a harsh reality. These women are awesome for going against the tide and speaking out. I particularly like the woman's story of going to her uncle to have him not circumcise his daughters and actually changing his mind.

Change can only happen within a culture and by setting better examples.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

one of the woman i actually know in person and still admire is from turkiye. Smart, beautiful, independent, funny and that even though she came from a family with two brothers and a very strict mother, projecting all of the dangers for their "family honour" on to her. The diamond they shaped, is a true queen.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

thank you, for taking the time to watch this video

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Stormdancer777

one of the woman i actually know in person and still admire is from turkiye. Smart, beautiful, independent, funny and that even though she came from a family with two brothers and a very strict mother, projecting all of the dangers for their "family honour" on to her. The diamond they shaped, is a true queen.

So glad to hear that.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Where's the honour in defending your honour if it involves disrespect, violence or death?
There is nothing honourable in drowning the female members of your family in the Rideau canal.

Honour, heh! These idiots are full of themselves and it's disgusting!
How great dost thou think thou art?

Nothing great about them at all, maybe they should kill themselves, that would be much more honourable.

new topics

top topics

join