It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are humans different from animals?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I think humans are totally not the same as animals

Im I wrong.?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Are humans different from animals?

Im I wrong.?

Can't say until you give us reasons for your opinion mate...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
My reasons.

Well , how about that animals dont control the world.

How about that animals are our slaves!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
We are just smarter and happen to get nice thumbs to develop technology. We are pretty much just smarter monkeys.

Smarter then the average monkey....BooBoo

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Smarter than most animals yes..... Different, not really, we are still animals ourselves.

We eat, sleep, $hit.....and somewhere along the line we die....

Although, we are the only animals that kill each other.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Although, we are the only animals that kill each other.

Very true other animals kill each other all the time they even go to war have slaves and commit what we call crimes like rape and theft.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Animals kill, but not for fun.

Humans kill for fun, and when humans kill, we dont even respect what we kill. Pitiful!

And we are suppossed to be the smarter species. Yeah right

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Tasmanian Devils are there own most common preditor, they often fight to the death and have a locking jaw that makes a bull terrior look like a pussycat...

Chimpanzee's also fight to the death in gangs, while male chimps will sometimes kill baby chimps, sometimes to eat and sometimes just for fun...

It is pretty obvious that animals like elephants are really intellegent, and dolphins and whales have intellect that rivals our own...

It is important to remember that just because a creature does not create technology does not mean that they can't think and communicate...

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Flange Gasket]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yekway
Animals kill, but not for fun.

Humans kill for fun, and when humans kill, we dont even respect what we kill. Pitiful!

And we are suppossed to be the smarter species. Yeah right

Some of what we consider smarter animals do kill for fun. Its been discovered Dolphins kill Habor porpoises which are cousins of theirs for no reason not food no for mates . People that see these attacks say the dolphins really seem enjoy the act.

Dolphins are also known to be a animal that rapes other dolphins

[edit on 16-12-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
People are very good at being people, cats are very good at being cats, dogs are very good at being dogs, etc.

Still we all come from the same stock originally, so we must share certain body structures and traits. They're just expressed differently in the different animals and humans.

That's exactly what makes us different.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thats great stuff guys.

Dolphins raping other dolphins, wow.

And Centurion, I did not know about that part of what makes animals and humans different. Thanks. Oh, nice cat!

Its like Lions eating their young, animals are quite interesting. I had a channel on today about penguins,

The tiny buggers dont sleep! They stay up 24/7.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I dont see how you can say animals are our slaves ??? I sure as hell can not get my cat to do what I want, I cant instruct a shark to go fetch my ball. I think that statement is not very well thought out.

Animals and most all life are intelligent setinet beings, they just operate at a different level of awareness.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The Question: Are Humans different from Animals?

Answer: Yes? DUH! I DONT SEE ANIMALS TYPING. Of course we are different. They dont invent like we do.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Animals and humans share the same make over, humans belong to the animal kingdom and we are mammals.

Some say that we are different because we humans have rational thoughts.

We and animals share the same things, like pain, suffering, fear, loneliness, joy in a comparable way.

early man and animals were not different when it came to survival and behavior.

Even when we have a brain like animals do, we have learned to used it for our advantage while animals are more on instinct than rational though.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Interesting question isnt it!

So many people are going to have their views and think they are right, good for them (even though they may not be).

As far as my statement is concerned R, think about this

WHO KILLS THE MOST? ANIMALS OR US, I think us.

WHO KEEPS MAKING THE ANIMAL WORLD EXTINCT

Geuss what its us. Humans are the biggest culprit of murder, mass murder, genocide and it keeps going on, by our hands as humans.

So are animals our slaves.

You best belive it! (Thats if things stay the same, of course humans can change and in a perfect world animlas are our pals).

Keep up the good work people, I want more views and ideas on the matter.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PerfektLie
The Question: Are Humans different from Animals?

Answer: Yes? DUH! I DONT SEE ANIMALS TYPING. Of course we are different. They dont invent like we do.

I don't think you could have invented a computer anymore than a monkey or ape could.

Animals do invent things such as knives and tools to dig for food.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Humans will commit ecological suicide. How? Well, the earth is our host, and we are the parasite. We will continue to destroy our host until the host can no longer support us or itself. Samething that happens to a parasite that destroys itself because it destroys that host that it is living in and then has nowhere else to run. Simple, see.

[edit on 16/12/04 by aSEEKER]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by yekway

Im I wrong.?

Yes. Humans, undoubtedly, resemble animals in at least some ways, so they aren't 'totally not the same'.

[quiote]Animals kill, but not for fun. [
While its difficult to tell what their mental state is, they do seem to kill pointlessly at times.

centurion1211
People are very good at being people, cats are very good at being cats, dogs are very good at being dogs, etc

But the platypus isn't very good at being anything.

reobert fenix
animals are our slaves ??? I sure as hell can not get my cat to do what I want

Its like the old joke, a dog says, hmm, people feed me, cure me, walk me and give me everything, they must be gods. A cat sees the same and concludes that it must be the god.

perfetlie\They dont invent like we do

This is not correct. Chimps are famous for being able to use tools, and recently its ben learned that crows, of all things, will make and use tools.

marg
Animals and humans share the same make over, humans belong to the animal kingdom and we are mammals.

Indeed. Infact, man is one of the several Great Apes.

yekwayWHO KEEPS MAKING THE ANIMAL WORLD EXTINCT

Geuss what its us.[/quoet]
Thats not true. Entire ecostystems have been driven to extinction in the past before man, and, indeed, what else is one animal species doing when its in competition with another but driving it to extinction.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

But the platypus isn't very good at being anything.

WTF??????
(see "people are getting even dumber" thread!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Once again interesting views!

Some are different from others but, thats not what matters.

Its all about saying your peace, and saying what you mean.

Are animals different from humans?

Well today a couple of great whites tore apart a human being, makes me wonder if we are different?

Anyway enough rambling from me, laterz!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join