It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My New AR-15

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

originally posted by: zatara
a reply to: TinkerHaus

That looks really nice, congratulations with your new shooter. The closest I will probably be to such a beauty is in a video game. You americans are spoiled to be allowed having such stuff.

Unfortunately its a enjoyment that is being stripped away from us a little at a time. So one day we may say the same thing.

Actually, things have been going our way since 2004.

Expiration of the Assault Weapons Ban.
More states allowing concealed carry and open carry.
More states passing "Castle Doctrine" type laws.

Only a couple states have become more restrictive but they're the usual suspects.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: TinkerHaus

Its weekend did you test it out?.

No, unfortunately. I'm finishing a basement, have a full time job and am a full time student - the weekend was spent erecting walls and banging my head up against a desk doing math homework.

This coming weekend is President's Day. I have Monday off and most of my classes did not assign work for the holiday week. I will be taking it and a few other things out to the desert to show the sand who's boss.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The AR-15 is certainly a beautiful rifle. I'm now considering adding this one to the collection.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

a reply to: abe froman

How in the world are you getting a slide fire to work on a 22lr? I wouldn't think it would have enough recoil. Just my opinion with little fact is all.

You are absolutely right, the .22 does not produce enough recoil on it's own, the M&P 15-22 kit comes with a recoil enhancer. It's like a reverse muzzle brake.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Lol I had to go research it for myself. And yes the m&p kit dose have blow back(cool in my book). Still amazed. I have the cheaper Mossberg ar22 and thinking about dropping it in a airsoft bullpup that I got a a fle market just for shats and giggles

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

So the recent move to ban 556 rounds is going your way?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Answer

So the recent move to ban 556 rounds is going your way?

It's the ATF doing what the ATF does, enforcing existing laws in a convoluted way.

They aren't banning all 5.56 rounds, they're banning ammunition that was designed for the military as "light armor piercing."

The reason they're doing this is thanks to the SigBrace. Everybody went nuts building "pistols" with the SigBrace and, because people are paranoid and kept contacting the ATF about the legality of the SigBrace even after they said it was fine, ATF decided that the braces were getting too popular so they changed their mind and said the SigBrace was illegal if shouldered. In the process, because they now realize how popular AR pistols have become, they're going after that particular projectile because it is technically "armor piercing pistol ammunition" which is not legal. AR15 pistols have been around for a very long time, so has M855 ammunition. They're only going after it now because of the explosion in popularity of AR15 "pistols."

Frankly, if people had accepted the original opinion of the ATF and not kept sending letters asking if the damn SigBrace was legal, we wouldn't be in this mess.
edit on 2/18/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join