It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British army is creating a 1,500-strong force of Facebook warriors, [shills ]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

A British person. Its just as bad as the N word to some.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

EDITED TO ADD: Quote from your previous post- "Ahhh...you mess with my mind.. Quadruple Agent Shill (aka Harry Pearce) from Spooks"

Ha ha! Thanks- Spooks- a great show by all accounts, but one I have never seen as herself and the older girls rule the TV- right up until 11/ 11.30 pm.! By this time, it's a case of cramming in as much recorded/ catch-up TV as is possible before the small hours!!!!!
Quadruple Agent- JUSTICE! (All-be-it a small one). Well, just as we must suffer spooks (real not TV), their thorn is that they can't real trust anyone- not even their own. Ha! Have it, Alphabet Agency!

From this post:

Reading his story he says, when initally describing the room he entered, "There were a few long tables with folding chairs, at which about a dozen people were tapping away on old, beat-up computers". As he never actually clarifies where he was whilst shilling, I envisaged that he would go here or to another work-type enviroment place. This way, he could ask questions when faced with difficult hostile postings/ hard-to-argue-against-openions/ etc. Also, his superiosrs could keep an eye on his doings in general. a hands-on eye on his work/ order an amassed assualt on a particular site, on a particular day, if needs be. Durning down time- coffee breaks, toilet, cigarette breaks, he would mix with his co-workers. As with all people who work together, the convo would inevitablly turn to what you are doing right now or what you have to get back to, even if it's off-yhe-cuff, throwaway remarks. During all this, I perceived him learning others' usernames and where they were targeting. But I conceed that this may not of been the case and the whole operation could well of been run on a "no speaking to other workers for the duration of your day type regime"; I just did not envisage this, as even MI6 spooks must "meet-round-the water-cooler". They, I acknowledge are more than capable of keeping talk small- most are University educated and choicely selected. If this shill's co-workers were recruited from the same umemployed and desperate pool, well...even ordinary, everyday folk make mistakes.

But I do conceed "What covert org would let the right hand know what the left hand is doing".

Sorry I have not yet learned how to reply to two or more replies/ posters within one single post.

Seeker7

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

No, sorry JBurns, I did not in any way intend this to be aimed at, or imply anything, toward you. I am so sorry for any misunderstanding- I should not of abbreviated so carelessly.

The "JB" I was referring to was James Bond (JB). Bond was ment to of grown up in an orphanage in Pett Bottom, Kent, (chosen by Fleming because of the innuendo value no doubt (Oh, James!)

Absolutely NO SLUR implied or intended Member. I see from an earlier post why would feel so though and I assure you that it was an unintentional mistake.

With apology and regret
Seeker7

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ezappa

I have known many aussies who have called me that.
I don't mind banter.
Also do you know why many aussies visit the uk?
Criminals always return to the scene of a crime :-D

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Yes, after years of ATS reading, I know that "They" must indeed be on here. As I said in a previous posting; ATS is the Web's "Largest and most popular website for Cover-Up and Conspiricy Theories". So it follows that such operations would target this site first and foremost; by virtue of it being the largest and the most popular. Also. the heads on here are pretty awesome at tackling/ deconstruction and all round common sense smelling of bull****. Challenge members here and the other sites would seem like easy pickings.

As for the rest of your post, I would incline toward the opinion expressed in a reply to this a few posts on from yours. I agree with Member TheConstruKctionofLight on page 5 of this thread: (my paraphrasing); BEWARE the Corporational ops. They do pretty much go hand-in-hand with Government agenda.

Seeker7

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seeker7
a reply to: sg1642

A very interesting article (to me, at least), thanks for posting.

As per the article; this "shill" admitted to being a fraud shill and, as such, had his post moved to the hoax bin. However an interesting read into the mindset and activities of shilling and how it's employed on websites,...........
Anyway, a good article on the workings of a shill. A frequent visitor to ATS would of learned much of this already from the to/fro in certain threads over time. Good to see it in article form. All the tips and tricks laid out before you, so as what one should look out for.

Seeker7

You do realize it's fiction, don't you?

The narrator appears to be some kind of moronic millenial, either by design or default.

It's not 'insight' into the mind of a "shill", but that of a stereotypical, paranoid, conspiracy theorist.

Totally unworthy of being repeated.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Also do you know why many aussies visit the uk?
Criminals always return to the scene of a crime :-D

Nah...to laugh at how the great Indians of the subcontinent gave it back to them...curry and Bollywood.
The Brits subsidize us to go over and fool the Indians, hoping the Brits can hide between us. Until us Aussies start talking about our superiority in cricket...and then the Brits cant help outing themselves..

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

US Air Force had “persona management software.”allowing single individuals to command virtual armies of fake, digital “people” across numerous social media

These “personas” were to have detailed, fictionalized backgrounds, to make them believable to outside observers, and a sophisticated identity protection service was to back them up, preventing suspicious readers from uncovering the real person behind the account. They even worked out ways to game geolocating services, so these “personas” could be virtually inserted anywhere in the world, providing ostensibly live commentary on real events, even while the operator was not really present.

And that story is 4 years old ,

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I see you're on the payroll.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
OMFG I FOUND THEIR THEME TUNE!!! LISTEN TO THE END!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
real men handle their problems though violence.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The first problem is going on facebook.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The fact that they're outing themselves is a big tell, they're so confident in the ignorance of the general population that they just don't mind it anymore.

They don't need to hide anymore, they're externalizing their hidden hierarchy. The control grid is coming online, don't believe for a second that they don't have a highly technical and complex plan just waiting to be implemented, some leeway here and there, they're flexible like that. A little unplanned chaos never hurt these people, they'll just turn it into order.

By the way, where are the shills now? Weren't we all just crazy a few years ago? This is nothing new, just another escalation, another provocation that will be met with apathy and silence.

Is it any wonder that we're a bunch of cynics here? We try to warn the populace but they'll attack us for invading their plastic bubble of safety, seems they'd rather not know when they're about to head down a cliff.

I've about had it, if people don't start waking the ____ __ soon they can have their tyranny. They deserve it. Just a shame I'll have to share it with them.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Interesting article that i came across viewsandpreviews.com...

Almost all the US alphabet agencies are into it. The U.S. Air Force is also known to have purchased software to generate fake online identities, complete with a credible backstory, email addresses, and even IP addresses that can situate the persona geographically or make them appear to have been online for some time.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

Almost all the US alphabet agencies are into it.

Not to mention political parties, lobby groups, corporations, religious organizations, foreign governments, etc etc etc.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

Not to mention political parties, lobby groups, corporations, religious organizations, foreign governments, etc etc etc.

With Elections due in the U.K and the U.S soon the 0.02 cents warriors are going to be out in force maybe this is why the Chinese and Russians want all IP s registered

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

With Elections due in the U.K and the U.S soon the 0.02 cents warriors are going to be out in force maybe this is why the Chinese and Russians want all IP s registered

Nah, those countries aren't worried about elections and ours already tracks the data.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It's probably better to talk about this in the past tense. Because you know damn well there have been A LOT MORE than 1,500 of them for years now. And I have seen very suspicious posts on EVERY forum I have ever posted on.

What's really creepy is just how well some of these guys seem to blend. I notice sometimes I'll see the same person post what I deem to be "fishy" posts and threads repeatedly but they do it over time. They don't always post fishy posts. The rest of the time, they seem to blend perfectly.

Not just shills. Scouts and information gatherers. Any forum that has an active polls section probably has at least one of these guys documenting everything that's posted. That's assuming the forums themselves are not actually owned and operated by various governments (covertly, of course).

Really. It just makes sense. The new media is internet. TV, movies and music just don't have the influence they used to. If they need to infiltrate discussion forums and other such places online and shape the discussions/gather information, that's exactly what they'll do.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

What's really creepy is just how well some of these guys seem to blend.

Do you think so?

I think they stand out like sore thumbs.

I could make a list of them in order of rank.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

What's really creepy is just how well some of these guys seem to blend.

Do you think so?

I think they stand out like sore thumbs.

I could make a list of them in order of rank.

SOME of them.

You have to also realize that some people are just plain dumb. My dad, for example. Don't get me wrong. I love my dad. But politically? The man is just plain dumb. There is no other way to say it. Whatever news channel he's watching today will have him completely on their side in 15 minutes. I can tell you whether he's been watching Fox, MSNBC or CNN just by what he is saying. Some people literally just can't think for themselves when it comes to this stuff. My dad sounds exactly like he's being paid to spread garbage info for Obama half the time. If I didn't know any better.

Anyway, I was referring mainly to people on different forums. There are some forums I have been active on for many years so I know who "belongs" there and who doesn't. Or at least I have a pretty good gut feeling about that. But even on some of those forums, people I never had any suspicions about will just come out of nowhere with something that really raises a red flag and I'm starting to wonder about them.

Often, these are people who seem to have been there for a while and have posted on a large number of threads about all kinds of different things. IOW, they don't seem like they're there for only one purpose the way you'd think a shill would behave. But when they're in a certain "mode" it's almost like someone else is posting other than the person you know. It's like it's their job to blend 99% of the time. Yeah. I know how paranoid that sounds. Because it sounds really paranoid to me as I type it. But on the other hand, sometimes I convince myself it's all in my imagination and then as soon as I start to think this person just has a different opinion, it happens again. They say something that is just too suspicious for your typical forum participant. And then I think about everything I've ever seen them post and I do notice (in a way) that they don't fit in so well on a particular forum. But when you look at their posting history, only very few posts really stand out as "weird" in that way that just makes you wonder.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join