It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Jihad Declared in Egypt Following State Dept. Meeting with Muslim Brotherhood

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
A recent topic posted here, follow up, tie up some lose ends
Muslim Brotherhood aligned leaders hosted at the State Department
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Open Jihad Declared in Egypt Following State Dept. Meeting with Muslim Brotherhood

freebeacon.com...

The Muslim Brotherhood called for “a long, uncompromising jihad” in Egypt just days after a delegation of the Islamist group’s key leaders and allies met with the State Department, according to an official statement released this week.

Just days after a delegation that included two top Brotherhood leaders was hosted at the State Department, the organization released an official statement calling on its supporters to “prepare” for jihad, according to an independent translation of the statement first posted on Tuesday.

The statement also was issued just two days before a major terror attack Thursday in Egypt’s lawless Sinai region that killed at least 25.

“It is incumbent upon everyone to be aware that we are in the process of a new phase, where we summon what is latent in our strength, where we recall the meanings of jihad and prepare ourselves, our wives, our sons, our daughters, and whoever marched on our path to a long, uncompromising jihad, and during this stage we ask for martyrdom,” it states.

While you were busy deflecting and looking over there, you should have been looking over here.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
Well, with the mention of martyrdom.... I guess the mention of 'Jihad' isn't in the sense of the struggle within oneself as a Muslim seeking truth.
From the source:

“It is incumbent upon everyone to be aware that we are in the process of a new phase, where we summon what is latent in our strength, where we recall the meanings of jihad and prepare ourselves, our wives, our sons, our daughters, and whoever marched on our path to a long, uncompromising jihad, and during this stage we ask for martyrdom,”

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Well, with the mention of martyrdom.... I guess the mention of 'Jihad' isn't in the sense of the struggle within oneself as a Muslim seeking truth.
From the source:

“It is incumbent upon everyone to be aware that we are in the process of a new phase, where we summon what is latent in our strength, where we recall the meanings of jihad and prepare ourselves, our wives, our sons, our daughters, and whoever marched on our path to a long, uncompromising jihad, and during this stage we ask for martyrdom,”

I would be willing to bet we are about to be told the Muslim Brotherhood isn't really Muslim by the moderates any minute now.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

From the source:

Martyrdom doesn't automatically mean death it also means suffering. Sisi has turned into a dictator so there will be some suffering for the people that are against him.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

well in other threads people are convinced they are the good guys.

I am really concerned, something just isn't right, either people are delusional, insane, or sympathizers, or all three.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

From the source:

Martyrdom doesn't automatically mean death it also means suffering. Sisi has turned into a dictator so there will be some suffering for the people that are against him.

Thank you for the information.
I like to learn as much as I can.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

From the source:

Name one living Martyr.

You can't, it is an oxymoron and an impossibility.

There is no wishy washy wriggle room with the term Martyrdom, it means death.
edit on 30-1-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Would Mandela count?
He died after the suffering.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I had to go looking.
I found this on Wikipedia.

Islam views a martyr as a man or woman who dies while conducting jihad, whether on or off the battlefield (see greater jihad and lesser jihad).[22] However, opinions in the Muslim world vary widely on whether suicide bombers can count as martyrs. Few Muslims believe that suicide bombing can be justified.

They list this Iranian paper (Tehran University) as the source.
Concept of Martyrdom in Islam

I am not denying that there are Muslims that view suffering as martyrdom, but just letting everyone know what a person sees when they try to find out for themselves... not being a Muslim.
edit on b000000312015-01-30T10:10:03-06:0010America/ChicagoFri, 30 Jan 2015 10:10:03 -06001000000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Oxford Dictionary...

Martyr;
1. One who chooses to suffer death rather than renounce religious principles.
2. One who makes great sacrifices or suffers much in order to further a belief, cause, or principle.

Read a dictionary before you spout nonsense.
edit on 30-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

From the source:

Name one living Martyr.

Malala Yousafzai
Gandhi
These people suffered for the beliefs. Next time learn the meaning of a word before asking a ignorant question.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I had to go looking.
I found this on Wikipedia.

Islam views a martyr as a man or woman who dies while conducting jihad, whether on or off the battlefield (see greater jihad and lesser jihad).[22] However, opinions in the Muslim world vary widely on whether suicide bombers can count as martyrs. Few Muslims believe that suicide bombing can be justified.

They list this Iranian paper (Tehran University) as the source.
Concept of Martyrdom in Islam

I am not denying that there are Muslims that view suffering as martyrdom, but just letting everyone know what a person sees when they try to find out for themselves... not being a Muslim.

Why go to wiki why not just go to the dictionary? Is it because the dictionary wouldn't give the answer you want?
Webster online
mar·tyr

: a person who is killed or who suffers greatly for a religion, cause, etc.

: a person who pretends to suffer or who exaggerates suffering in order to get praise or sympathy

: a person who suffers greatly from something (such as an illness)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Is the Muslim brotherhood a reasonable representative of your religion, or are they a fringe fanatical group of zealots?

As a non Muslim, I want to be sure I understand the definition of Jihad as well as martyrdom.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Why go to wiki why not just go to the dictionary? Is it because the dictionary wouldn't give the answer you want?

There are times when you can be very combative and just downright ugly.... for no real reason. (Did someone pee in your cornflakes?)

Did you even look at the paper?

We may therefore conclude that there is neither jihad nor martyrdom outside the realm of truth, that martyrdom applies only when it is preceded by jihad, that jihad is an inclusive struggle for the cause of the truth, that a mujahid dies the death of a martyr even though he does not fall on the battlefie. He dies as a martyr even though he is not killed, on the condition that he stays loyal to the divine truth and staldnds ready to fight for the truth and to defend it at all costs, even at the cost of his own life. He is a mujahid while he lives, and a martyr if he dies or is killed for it.

Note the part highlighted in Islamic green.
edit on b000000312015-01-30T10:38:38-06:0010America/ChicagoFri, 30 Jan 2015 10:38:38 -06001000000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

a reply to: buster2010

There are times when you can be very combative and just downright ugly.... for no real reason. (Did someone pee in your cornflakes?)

Did you even look at the paper?

We may therefore conclude that there is neither jihad nor martyrdom outside the realm of truth, that martyrdom applies only when it is preceded by jihad, that jihad is an inclusive struggle for the cause of the truth, that a mujahid dies the death of a martyr even though he does not fall on the battlefie. He dies as a martyr even though he is not killed, on the condition that he stays loyal to the divine truth and staldnds ready to fight for the truth and to defend it at all costs, even at the cost of his own life. He is a mujahid while he lives, and a martyr if he dies or is killed for it.

Note the part highlighted in Islamic green.

Why would you go to wiki for the definition of a word when there are online dictionaries? The answer is simple you looked for the definition you wanted.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm fine with the dictionary references of martyr. But the definition is still subject to interpretation.

Take hero for instance.

"A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life"

Using that as a black and white description, every police officer in the country is a hero. How many are willing to agree with that?

Martyr is a term that gets thrown around to easily and diminishes those that truly earn the title.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Is the Muslim brotherhood a reasonable representative of your religion, or are they a fringe fanatical group of zealots?

According to the CIA the MB gave up on violence for political power decades ago. Now the MB builds schools, hospitals and opens factories to create jobs for people.

I want to be sure I understand the definition of Jihad

WHAT JIHAD IS

In a religious sense, as described by the Quran and teachings of the Prophet Muhammad (s), "jihad" has many meanings. It can refer to internal as well as external efforts to be a good Muslims or believer, as well as working to inform people about the faith of Islam. If military jihad is required to protect the faith against others, it can be performed using anything from legal, diplomatic and economic to political means. If there is no peaceful alternative, Islam also allows the use of force, but there are strict rules of engagement. Innocents - such as women, children, or invalids - must never be harmed, and any peaceful overtures from the enemy must be accepted.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What *is* a Jihad? As much as you want to argue about martyrs, it's really just tomato/tomaato.

But wth is a "Jihad"?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

From the source:

Name one living Martyr.

Malala Yousafzai
Gandhi
These people suffered for the beliefs. Next time learn the meaning of a word before asking a ignorant question.

Now we all know damn well that by martyr he meant suicide mission. He is calling for bloody war! You like to play lawyer ball and call people names while defending your undefendable position.
Martyrs in conjunction with lesser jihad means suicide missions every time.

You sir are a giant #.

It means rooster, look it up in the dictionary, unless you're ignorant....

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Correct either you are a Martyr and died because of your beliefs.
Or you were Martyred because of your beliefs by someone else.

Maybe the word people are looking for is a Pariah.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join