It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Tracks At Nebraska Golf Course

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
A couple days ago this article showed up in our local newspaper in Lincoln Nebraska. It is detailing a set of strange and quite large tracks showing up at a golf course located in the middle of nowhere. The location of the tracks were near the town of Curtis, NE, a small town with the population of under 1,000 people. Newspaper Article Over the last couple days I have watch people try to explain the track. I figured my friends at ATS would have some fun debating how this print showed up and possibly what it is.

Personally, I don't subscribe that it is some unique species running around the hills of Nebraska. But for a state where the biggest thing roaming around is a cow, it does peak my interest.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
That heal mark looks pretty well defined and the separation in front has a pretty straight edge. Much like a standard work boot. The spacing is pretty weird, even with just three tracks the spacing between them isn't equal.

I notice a small game trail next to it, not sure if that has any bearing on these.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I was wondering if maybe someone was running around with some swim flippers. Unfortunately, it snowed one day and the three days following were in the 60's and 70's. Any chance of getting a look at these myself is gone.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed,

that doesn't look like a normal Bigfoot footprint, the toes look too elongated, looks like a giant chicken foot!

that or a Xenomorph from Aliens!!!

edit on 30/1/15 by Phatdamage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

Thank you for loading the picture. Can you imagine a chicken that size, that would make hunting season a lot more interesting for sure!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: warpig69

Definitely strange,

here is a (Suspected) Bigfoot picture

they look completely different,

hopefully the skill of people on ATS can help.

hopefully this makes it to the front page!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

Just to be a bit nit-picky, but that picture you posted was taken in the Himalayas and is allegedly a 'Yeti' footprint, not a Bigfoot print, for all we know these two cryptids are not (closely) related.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I couldn't find anywhere in the article that states how far these tracks went. A set of tracks that only contains a handful of prints is suspect in my mind, they have to be coming from somewhere and going to somewhere to be the prints of a real animal.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'd guess they were tracks from a very sleepy bear or a bear that was short and was overlapping it's front tracks with the back. Now this is just one example, someone could have seen some like this and figured if they only photographed the best ones they could put them out and get attention.

This is just one possible idea, it could also be a bear with weird feet or another big animal of some sort. Could even be someone with some special made shoes walking around. I have seen weird tracks in the woods, sometimes animals follow the same footprints as others, just like we sometimes walk in the snow.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage

Definitely strange,

here is a (Suspected) Bigfoot picture

they look completely different,

hopefully the skill of people on ATS can help.

hopefully this makes it to the front page!

I think my footprint is bigger and wider than that, and I only have a size 15EEEE foot. My big toe is fat like that too.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Could even be someone with some special made shoes walking around.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
That foot looks more like it belongs to a large bipedal reptile than it does a sasquatch. Just throwing my 2 cents in.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Hello, Although I know I say this lots even though it's true. While walking through some densely forested areas in Saskatchewan (Canada) I once came across a set of tracks that were large and looked a lot like the one in the pic.

instead of 4 long toes it had three, and the heel is very much the same, as is the general shape of the print. I'm no expert on tracking animals so when my partner, who was there with me, asked what the tracks were from..my only response was something like "I don't know, but I'm not sticking around to find out!"

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Tracks change allot when the snow melts I really wonder if it's just some snowshoe tracks from a few days earlier.

Fresh tracks would be nice to see.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
As someone who tracks wildlife professionally (as I've mentioned in a number of my other posts) my first question is - why is there no center straddle?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua

I couldn't find anywhere in the article that states how far these tracks went. A set of tracks that only contains a handful of prints is suspect in my mind, they have to be coming from somewhere and going to somewhere to be the prints of a real animal.

Well, there's this

After finding the footprints that morning, she called Babe over to investigate. The dog wasn’t impressed or interested. The tracks seemed to emerge from the trees and then return to their cover, but Jorgensen wasn’t about to follow.

and this

The 30-year-old has run the golf course for a half-dozen years, but until he followed the tracks from the third to the fourth, he’d never encountered anything out of the ordinary.

Which seem to be two completely different things to me..

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell
It is absolutely not snowshoe tracks.

edit on 30-1-2015 by CraftBuilder because: of typo.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Also, I collect images of track patterns. I try hard not to get unrelated tracks in frame. For instance often my snowmobile track will be running along side the track of interest. Its really difficult to get it out of frame because the image fans out with distance. If the track was faked there would have to be a track running along side, typically along the left hand side. This makes me ask - Why is the track not centered in frame? It looks like a strong effort has been made to frame out a track running parallel, left of the track in question?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Looking at the close-up of the print, the negative space between the toes and arch looks backwards. The prints are melted out a bit though, and you can never just look at one print and make a conclusion. I hope there are images of other prints and rotations.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69
...the biggest thing roaming around is a cow...

If it is a real animal it would have to be bipedal, though the track pattern even for a bibedal animal is kind of impossible. Not much of an example in the images though. I hope more images of full rotations surface.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join