It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stupid Phone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I would like help finding the latest technology in a stupid phone. I actually wanted to get rid of my phone entirely, but as a busines owner and fastpitch coach it isn't practical. My question is what recommendations do you have for a phone that can send and receive calls and text but nothing else? I don't want GPS or internet or APs...just a basic cell phone. Any help would be appreciated.
edit on 2015/1/30 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I've got an LG flip top on the Tracfone network. $5 and it has a camera. It's about $20 for two hours of minutes and it is untraceable. Got it at the dollar store.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

heck good luck any more lol but you can get them at like dollar general stores or kroger or whatever supermarket you have
they run about 20 bucks one that is ok is called trac phone

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Although I'm in Australia, I use a phone more or less the same as this.

Nothing fancy and tough as you can expect to get in a phone.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 30-1-2015 by myselfaswell because: whateva

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I appreciate the replies, guys. These are some great ideas.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Get a obama phone, it's free.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I found it hard to find a phone that only , well you know make phone calls . Also getting older finding one that was basic but had a screen that i could actually read meant going for a phone that all the internet options i really did not want/need . This wont help i know but it gets me of 666 replies . Just in case you know .

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I've got an LG flip top on the Tracfone network. $5 and it has a camera. It's about $20 for two hours of minutes and it is untraceable. Got it at the dollar store.

No phones are untraceable, they use what is called triangulation which does not use GPS but the towers to trace or track any phone.
edit on 30-1-2015 by desertguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

as a business owner, if you have a security camera system you might find more use for a smart phone than you think. Right down to alarms: SuperPro, a camera app for Android, has an alarm feature that will notify you when the motion sensor on a camera has been set off.

Not to mention other things you can do, like approve time edits in your payroll system on the fly, barcode scanning capability, etc, etc, etc.

Just something to think about.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Have a look at the phones they have slated for the old people...simple with big buttons.

new topics

top topics

join