It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want OUT of Society!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Well, not really. I love my small community, but I am sick and tired of the attitudes on this site lately. You see, I value my right to make my own decisions and that seems to be under attack as of late. Whether it is overzealous vegetarians (or there militant wing, the vegans) trying to limit my eating choices, or the Government poisoning the water with Flouride or some Nazi a-hole trying to force needles into my arm at gun point I have had enough!

Where do I have left to go on this planet where I can simply be left to live my life a free man? I am not trying to be some Grizzly Adams mountain man, but I can't freaking breath anymore. I think abortion is murder, but I am not going to get involved in your choices. I support gay marriage because it seems like the right thing to do, but I don't support that lifestyle. My point? Leave me alone and I leave you alone.

Seriously, I just want to walk out the front door of my home (or rustic cabin) and not have people forcing their smart meters or min-Coopers on me. I simply want to be free to make my own choices and my own mistakes without interference. I simply want to be able to breathe again.

/rantoff

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Ligten up bro, it's just text on a wall. Opinions are like @#%holes...everyone's got one and they all stink. Don't take yourself too seriously or you miss out on the fun of just being alive. Peace

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Don't take what is said to "you" on ATS personally, just relax and say to your self..."I'm over it", and carry on.

It is just mixed opinions, yours is only one of 7 billions, so is theirs....

A rant is a rant....Good rant

edit on 30-1-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Tell me about it they burn aborted babies to power hospital they are feeding people cloned meat and even japan is making meat out of poop for gods sake.
i dont think we are supposed to eat that .
but cheer up it should all crumble apart soon

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

About the bug-out Met... nowhere to go.
Flag and stare anyway, good rant. I was toying with
the idea of selling my soul for the moola to bore a
horizontal hole (a BIG one) in some really hard rock
high up in British Columbia. I can dream, they'd pro-
bably juice it with a Howitzer and seal my geriatric
ass in there. If I ever was deemed worth it....
but I never will be.
What ever they throw at us is fiction, remember it bro.
You and I are for real-- well maybe not the Warwick
with the lightning proof electronics

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Sorry dude, you were born in the wrong century. Obey and decay.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
meh, it's just an online thing, so who cares? for the most part, in real life (IRL if you wanna be cool about it) most people do not give a flying spaghetti monster of what you think.
Something happens when people are online, call it mob mentality i guess, and the need for approval in the shape of stars or likes or whatever.
And we all feel like authorities, experts, when in front of a computer, when the sad truth is we mostly have no clue what the F we are talking about half the time.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Come to Australia , vegetarians and vegans slink in the shadows here . Gay marriage , whatever , who cares unless your gay and want to get married , i cant even be bothered googling it to see if its legal here . And neither would 99.99 percent of Australians . The only entry conditions are , you have to like sport . Beer drinking is a sport .

edit on 30-1-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Carry on soldier and walk it off.

I think we all feel this way at some point here. It's probably always been this way in the world except now we deny ignorance and deal with the truth. Consider it a lesson?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Leave...the Mini Coopers....alone.

That is all.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Well seeing as your one of those conservative types, I'll tell you to take your own medicine and stop playing the victim.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Basically the world is a stinking pile of #e. All you can do is find a place where the smell is a little more bearable and live your life the best you can (hopefully in peace.)

or

You can lock yourself in your room, wait for the apocalypse and hope the world's a better place after.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I hear you. Three words - Off grid Alaska. It's the closest to what you say you want without inventing a time machine and going back to 1400 New England or something.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777

.... they burn aborted babies to power hospital they are feeding people cloned meat and even japan is making meat out of poop for gods sake.....

And the irony there is that because the population is growing with little control it's becoming harder to feed them all with the natural resources available.

Personally, I don't want to eat crap because people cannot control their breeding habits. Do I get a choice too?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

Leave...the Mini Coopers....alone.

You mean the BMWs in disguise?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Yeah, with the rise of the "progressive" left their is a lot less love in the world for anyone who isn't in lockstep with their world views.

Things won't be changing anytime soon. Don't let it get you down though, instead get smart and fight back.

People who want to force their beliefs upon others (both on the left and the right) usually take themselves way too seriously. So find ways to make them look like the pompous jackasses they are.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

When I am pissed at the world and people I simply remember the phrase: "They don't pay rent in your brain." Meaning they don't pay you to waste your energy, thoughts and so forth on their opinions, believes, wants and what ever.
Next time just tell them: "Give me 50$ and I might consider your argument/opinion."

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think it's possible to have a left progressive world while still holding up to the most important individual freedoms.

I think the main problem is the never ending lust for profits that's killing us and making the people up there take wrong decisions for the majority. In a perfect world with perfect vaccines, perfect foods, perfected education and a perfect medical system the views of "forcing" unto others would take a different stance.

We are emotionnaly fooled to accept society as it is but this society is wrong on so many aspects. I would also want to op-out of everything but I think it's taking the easy path, the weak path...

The best we can all do is to indivually make our world better. Pray for the best but be prepared for the worst. I hope one day we can reach a world similar to the Star Trek series.
edit on 30-1-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Unplug.

There is a saying I once heard.

Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Where do I have left to go on this planet where I can simply be left to live my life a free man?

Seriously, I just want to walk out the front door of my home (or rustic cabin) and not have people forcing their smart meters or min-Coopers on me. I simply want to be free to make my own choices and my own mistakes without interference. I simply want to be able to breathe again.

Texas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join