It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God we pray you show mankind your mercy at this hour

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Please reveal your truth and how in love you are with your creation. Please keep our minds filled with your love and light and away from doubt and unhappiness. Please show the your the strength of your love and mercy and remind those who lack faith the power of a Prayer in Love, for you God are love. Bring the world to more compassion, mercy, and generosity and let many miracles be done in your name. Amen.

If you feel the same please respond. It seems many do not believe in Prayer anymore but if you are Spirit and God is All Powerful and Conscious then prayer must be strong, amen.

Tell me what you think regarding Prayer

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I am on the fence about religion so I don't know... But Godspeed.

ID

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Praying is one of the most powerful tools mankind has. You can pray to whatever God you have (or not), pray does not belong to any religion, it belong to humankind. Is our way of connection with something more profound.
---------------------------------------------------
HYMN TO AMUN-RA
HAIL to thee, Amun-Ra, Lord of the thrones of the earth, the oldest existence, ancient of heaven, support of all things;
Chief of the gods, lord of truth; father of the gods, maker of men and beasts and herbs; maker of all things above and below;
Deliverer of the sufferer and oppressed, judging the poor;
Lord of wisdom, lord of mercy; most loving, opener of every eye, source of joy, in whose goodness the gods rejoice, thou whose name is hidden.
Thou art the one, maker of all that is, the one; the only one; maker of gods and men; giving food to all.
Hail to thee, thou one with many heads; sleepless when all others sleep, adoration to thee.
Hail to thee from all creatures from every land, from the height of heaven, from the depth of the sea.
The spirits thou hast made extol thee, saying, welcome to thee, father of the fathers of the gods; we worship thy spirit which is in us.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
PRAYER TO BUDDHA
THOU in whom innumerable creatures believe!
Thou, Buddha, Victor over the hosts of evil!
Thou, all-wise Being, come down to our world!
Made perfect and glorified by in-numerable by-gone revolutions; always pitiful, always gracious toward all creatures!
Look down upon us; for the time has come to pour out blessings on all creatures.
Be gracious to us from thy throne built in thy heavenly world.
Thou art the eternal redemption of all creatures, therefore bow down to us with all thy unstained heavenly societies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
HYMN TO THE ALL-MOTHER
HAIL to our Mother who makes the yellow flowers to bloom--who scatters the seeds of the maguey as she comes from the Land Divine!
Hail to our Mother who casts forth white flowers in abundance!
Hail to our Mother who shines in the thorn bush as a bright butter-fly!
Ho! She is our Mother--the woman god of the earth. In the desert she feeds the wild beasts, and gives them to live.
Thus--thus you see her ever abundant in gifts to all flesh.
And as you see the goddess of earth give to the beasts, so also she is giving to the green herbs and the fishes.
Hail to our Mother who casts forth yellow flowers to the sun from the Land Divine!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I equate prayer to wishful thinking and because wishes occasionally comes true because of the laws of averages and coincidence there are a lot of people who believe in a god for the wrong reasons.

Is god the result of coincidence?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Whichever path up the mountain you choose is fine for you. The prayers above seem to me to all have the beauty of human intention within them.

But I think maybe some people attribute too much onto the shoulders of one god/supernatural being and perhaps were humanity to concentrate on the compassion and kindness inherant within itself, we would take more responsibility and do better. In that context, I can't help thinking of those members of ISIS who will have to live with themselves long after the atrocities they have committed have passed and they lookwithin themselves as everyone does eventually. I suspect that many politicians and their puppet masters dread dying in case they have to face themselves and their actions as they obviously have blinding ability to look elsewhere other than themselves.

The pagan 'do as you would be done by' is the finest truth for me and I have had to wander through the paths of different religions as we have the major three desert ones within our family, but none of them quite do it for me when I look at today and the history of the past. Keeping religious principal simple does it for me and of course celebrating the times of the year when I know I should be grateful as the planet and others don't owe me a living..

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I am not religious, but I do believe in a creator.

I think prayer is a love song to God.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Hi there.

Very gentle and sincere prayer there, OP.

I have just signed in to support you in your prayer and let you know that there are others who share your faith out there. That is to counteract the prejudice and criticism you will encounter from people who do not believe in God.

I pray that God continues to inspire you in the face of great opposition to continue to talk about Him and Jesus publically. There is a religion forum on ATS and you have every right to post in it. Others will ridicule you. Yet you and I know the gifts of faith in The Father of All Creation.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

AMEN...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I absolutely believe. You are not alone.

Thank you for a lovely prayer. We could certainly use more of it these days.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Nothing is more powerful than the power of positive thought and reinforcement. the "Law of Attraction" as it were.

Prayers to imaginary men in the sky are just another manifestation of this ultimate reality changing weapon but I think it become exponentially more powerful when you realise that you are in fact a god, or a tiny piece of Gods universal consciousness if you prefer.

As for the OP, Nice prayer in theory but overall I give it a score of 5.5 Amens out of 10
Its just a bit to whiny and pleady for my liking, the content is fine but you say it like your powerless and need the imaginary man to do everything for you, basically denying your own power and implying we are all weak.
But once again lovely sentiment and so much so Im gonna star and flag whih I never do for religious nutter type threads so congratulations

P.s I think the emoticon is a medal, if it not just imagine it is
P.p.s can you please put in a good word with the dude upstairs and included in any future prayers that TPTB here at ATS come to their senses and get rid of these God Awful emoticons and bring back the old ones, cheers

P.p.p.s and get him to make em put in an Animal/Pets forum while their changing the Emoticons, Thanks in Advance

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

In Jesus Name. Amen.

Keep on keeping on.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

God bless the whole world and everyone in it -- no exceptions. Let Thy will be our will, guiding our actions and filling our minds with wisdom and our hearts with love, for the greatest outcome for all. Amen.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
An idea is the most powerful thing humans have. It spreads faster than a disease if it's a good one, and goes no-where if it's a bad one.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

The Flaw of Attraction is a gross perversion of spiritual law, based on an incomplete understanding of truth, which has hurt more people than we will ever know, and at least four people have died trying to live by it. A little knowledge can be dangerous. If the Flaw of Attraction works as portrayed, then our vocabulary would not include words like "unexpected" and "surprised" and "blindsided." It can be a starting point for deeper knowledge and understanding, but it's not the final destination.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

O Noodley Greatness, bestow upon us the meaty abundance of your sauce-slathered grace in the unending wisdom of your parmesan-generated magnificence. we humbly beseech that you not give us indigestion nor foul odor of the mouth, but that the spirit of oregano be with us in these pasta-starved times and yield to us the fruits of our cooking.

Ramen.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

A couple weeks ago i may or may not have heard everyones prayers for a second. It may or may not have been quite maddening. I feel for those angels in charge.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
You may or may not have been drinking some strong tea there, eh?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
I equate prayer to wishful thinking and because wishes occasionally comes true because of the laws of averages and coincidence there are a lot of people who believe in a god for the wrong reasons.

Is god the result of coincidence?

god is an inkblot, some say.

a trap between what you want to see and what you are afraid to see.

edit on 29-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I very recently asked to be saved... I've read enough about the damage we've done to the climate and the overwhelming fear drove me to ask for mercy from God. I have started praying for everything, for everyone and for thanks.

It was really overwhelming fear... but now I am peaceful. Call it false peace, a daydream, whatever you want: but He has helped me. I began reading the Bible starting with the Gospel of John, and now the whole New Testament. I was moved to tears to learn that Jesus' only commandment was "Love one another as I love you."

His own prayer to believers:
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. This is my command: Love each other.

Thank you for this post, and yes: may God have mercy on us. May he deliver us peacefully from this forsake world into his Kingdom.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I believe in prayer, and I'm normally on board with you. But this time I must say... He has already shown us grace which is 1000 times better than mercy. It is our own choice now to accept it. In terms of worldly struggles you and I have been blessed to know that it is only for a short while. Once we leave the place it'll be like it never happened, and existence will be most beautiful. All the bad things that occur are only temporary on this Earth.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join