It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Try Some Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

sorry i guess i miss understood i though t i was being called arrogant ect...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AprilFooseball

Thank goodness you don't mentor in spelling, punctuation, or grammer.

Yes thank Jesus. Btw grammer is spelled grammar.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SkippyBalls

lol oh well its early where aprilfoosball is to i guess .
ATS is full of great thinkers but not great spellers.
Remember were all pretty fart smellers

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777

No, I was just making a general observation.

Another general observation is that if one implores somebody to "try Jesus" and acts like a douche towards the person who is being asked to "try Jesus," then the negative reaction is likely towards the person delivering the message, not in response to the name "Jesus."

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777
Well, all the people I know that get upset with people suggesting they "try some jesus" or whatever(including myself), have been dealing with arrogant christians their whole life. They had jesus shoved down their throat all during their childhood, they tried it for years, it left a bad taste in their mouth, and they are loath to taste it anymore.

A lot of christians seem to assume everyone that isn't a christian never tried it before, or assume that they were doing it wrong. It gets annoying to hear that over and over, that we should "give it a try", or isn't it better to believe, just in case? Absurd to suggest rational people can just turn on and off belief at a whim.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I love it! Try some Jesus. That's good stuff.

I find that trying to prove anything to anyone can be absolutely useless. But arguing about is just so much fun! I just don't like it when people mistake or misinterpret what is being said and instead of asking for clarification, they get all butt hurt and hostile. As a fairly newcomer to the ATS forums, I am definitely going to have to get used to people turning to hostility when someone ticks a touchy bone!

Try some Jesus! HA I love that!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

i talk to a lot of young people in inner city area kind of as a mentor so it usually comes out when im talking to young girls about getting out of prostitution and herion abbuse not drugs the king of drugs heroine .So mabey that makes me arrogant and condasending lol and here i thought it just made me loving.

You just don't get how annoying you must be.

These people live in a world of #, probably grew up with the hard knock life, are drug addicts etc. Then this clean cut young boy walks in, who's probably had it all from the looks and sounds of it, and he is telling them all they need is some Jesus in their lives and suddenly, POOF, all the hardship is over.

It is very easy for you to say, because you probably grew up on Jesus, came from a loving family, had everything your heart desired. So yeah, Jesus worked for you.

You really don't see how condescending and insulting it is to them?

edit on 29-1-2015 by SkippyBalls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

There is no record of Jesus in the historical material. There is a Jesus that is in the historical record who lived in the 70s AD. At the time that the temple was destroyed. He sounds a lot like the Jesus of the bible, but the records are over 30 years off. The Jesus in 70 was actually a "king" of Persia.

This is a vid by Robert Eisenman. He is a professor and has done huge work on the dead sea scrolls. He has several videos available, covering the truth about the archeology, and historical accounts surrounding the time of Jesus. His work on James the bother of Jesus, is amazing.

www.youtube.com... this is the first in a series of lectures.

Dead Sea Scroll interview: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Fair play to you Sir, apologies are something that we don't see enough of (in my opinion). Anyone can make a mistake but it takes a decent individual with something about them to own up to it and face the consequences (not that there are consequences but you know what i mean!).

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I find it funny how mad people can get from just saying something as small as try some Jesus.
It seems anytime you have a theological debate or just religion talk people can get so mad at the name of Jesus being said.
Now the athiest just love to get in a scientific debate with you and i understand that.
But what i dont understand that in an open debate the so called new agers get down right mean or sometimes even violent making threats and
sometimes even try to cause harm to someone .
And these are the people that are so called enlightened.
It would seem to me if you are so solid in your beliefs wether it be atheism or wicca or whatever the mention of one mans
name should not get people so upset
And the only time i say try some jesus is when i see something either so sad or so sick its the only simple answer i can give them.
Im glad i can take refuge in places like this where open debate is welcomed freedom of speech is cherrished and peoples opinions are valued not silenced .
But sometimes it is funny just saying something so simple can get people soooo mad lol

Imagine how mad he would be that everyone keeps calling him the wrong name! It would certainly piss me off. The fact that people who claim to believe in him can't get his name right speaks volumes on the mentality of 'the believers'

But hey, that's just semantics

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
If you have not incorporated the name of Jesus into every aspect of your Christian life, now is the time.

It is the only name that has absolute power and authority over the devil, and it is the only name the Father honors in prayer. Use the name of Jesus often and liberally.

It is your key to getting the Father’s attention!

"Jesus in Me Loves You"

"Try Some Jesus"

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkippyBalls
a reply to: AprilFooseball

Thank goodness you don't mentor in spelling, punctuation, or grammer.

Yes thank Jesus. Btw grammer is spelled grammar.

Oooh the irony

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Jesus is what all men should be. Jesus gives me hope. Ill take some Jesus, in fact I want Him all! His heart is pure which is more than mine is. Thanks for offering Jesus. He is God.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a to: DooDer

Maybe you should try some Yeshua. That was his real name. Mary didnt speak English.

To really get an eye opener, try discovering how Paul, completely changed Yeshua's message as well as his name. Yeshua was a Jew who preached a message of keeping the Sabbath, (Saturday), keeping the feasts, and all the Kosher requirements as in the Jewish law. Paul is the one who changed all that. If Yeshua really taught that the gentiles were clean, as in the vision Peter had with the table cloth full of unclean foods (Acts) then why did Peter not get the message while Yeshua was alive?
Paul "Romanised" the message. Yeshua became Jesus (a form of Zeus).
Ive been a Christian all my life, but I am so glad to be free from the Shackles of "Jesus". I believe in the Christ Spirit. But, the Jesus that we have all been taught, was a Roman fabrication. And Paul was the "Pharasee" that perverted the original message, to make it work for the Romans. Paul wrote most of the new testiment. I am sure this information is why the Catholic Church refuses to open their archives.
Did you know that one of the churches that Paul established, wouldnt even let James the Brother of Jesus in his church? Did you know Paul pushed him down a flight of stairs and broke his leg? Paul was a very bad man. He is probably toasting in Hell. If there is a Hell.
The "Truth" will set you free!!!! I think the "shift in conscience" that is predicted by so many, has to do with the change in our thinking that will happen when people come to grips with the truth about Paul, Jesus and the perversion of the Original message.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Jamie is correct she did not call you a name she just stated the obvious fact and that your slogan is just empty rhetoric and trite.Most people are not turned off by truth but reject insincerity and condescension.Your PO is trolling by trying to illicit a response to support your unreasonable logic that some people(unbelievers) hate Jesus.You tried to cause a reaction and then perceived you did and took it personally.It is obvious from that response you care more about being personally offended than what you think your slogan means.

Yahoshua nor the disciples never said anything like your slogan and surely never acted like you have in this post.You don't offer a person dieing of thirst meaningless slogans like "just Do the Dew" brau.People don't get healed by religious rhetoric the get healed in spite of it.If you truly want to help someone just help them with zero agenda except helping them.The creator God knows their own business quite well and needs zero help from you or anybody else pushing religion with empty slogans and hands.If anyone should be offended it would be the creator God at that kind of hubris.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

I totally agree OP.

Yes Jesus is, in my opinion, the surest way to get out of a hole one has been placed in or placed oneself in.

Please carry on doing your wonderful work in spite of the hostility you may encounter. I am always glad when I read posts like the one you have written here and you may be guaranteed of my support whenever I see threads like this that are delivered with sincerity of faith.

God bless you and your Family. May He reward you in this life and in the next for the effort you make trying to change people's lives for the better with the most powerful tool you know; The Son of Man!

Without Jesus I would be a wreck. He has helped me more than anything/ anyone else (including family and friends).

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Without Jesus I would be a wreck. He has helped me more than anything/ anyone else (including family and friends).

No he didn't. You did it yourself. Jesus is just a placebo.

But hey if you want to strip yourself of your power and place it in the hands of an imaginary friend you have my blessing. If it worked for you it's all good I guess.
edit on 29-1-2015 by SkippyBalls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

It not that we are coming here to bash you and your "clever lil slogan" we are coming here to bash the Ideals that come from hiding behind your clever lil slogan..Thousands of years of religious intolerance has brought us to this point! YOU are the next generation of brainwashed followers that have taken the "Jesus" myth as a fact..I know I know GOD wrote the Bible so its GOTTA be TRUE! lol This debate is so OLD and washed up now..Take your provoking elsewhere ..A real sign of intelligence is being able to break down the ignorance of our forefathers NOT carry it on.

link   

Well, that makes sense. Good approach on a difficult problem!

link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a to: DooDer

Maybe you should try some Yeshua. That was his real name. Mary didnt speak English.

To really get an eye opener, try discovering how Paul, completely changed Yeshua's message as well as his name. Yeshua was a Jew who preached a message of keeping the Sabbath, (Saturday), keeping the feasts, and all the Kosher requirements as in the Jewish law. Paul is the one who changed all that. If Yeshua really taught that the gentiles were clean, as in the vision Peter had with the table cloth full of unclean foods (Acts) then why did Peter not get the message while Yeshua was alive?
Paul "Romanised" the message. Yeshua became Jesus (a form of Zeus).
Ive been a Christian all my life, but I am so glad to be free from the Shackles of "Jesus". I believe in the Christ Spirit. But, the Jesus that we have all been taught, was a Roman fabrication. And Paul was the "Pharasee" that perverted the original message, to make it work for the Romans. Paul wrote most of the new testiment. I am sure this information is why the Catholic Church refuses to open their archives.
Did you know that one of the churches that Paul established, wouldnt even let James the Brother of Jesus in his church? Did you know Paul pushed him down a flight of stairs and broke his leg? Paul was a very bad man. He is probably toasting in Hell. If there is a Hell.
The "Truth" will set you free!!!! I think the "shift in conscience" that is predicted by so many, has to do with the change in our thinking that will happen when people come to grips with the truth about Paul, Jesus and the perversion of the Original message.

Hmmm! Well firstly Jesus is from the Greek and the Latin as a name; it is the English name. Yeshua is His name in Aramaic only; was a common alternative form of the name יְהוֹשֻׁעַ ("Yehoshuah" – Joshua). Jesus was chosen because it differentiated Him from the Joshua of the OT. In a sense this is contradictory (in my opinion and only an opinion) because I think God chose this name because it is meant to allude to the personage of Joshua for scriptural motives.

Secondly, I would be interested to know who has been teaching you about St Paul being an imposter? Was it your own decision or are you speaking what you have read in some article that you have decided to agree with? St Paul is the most important Scribe of Christianity. He is to the NT what Moses was to the Torah of the OT.

As a follower of Jesus I have no doubts about Paul. I love reading his words and experiences. He was a great challenge during the formation of the Christian religion to allow it to become accessible to not just Judea, but the whole of the Pagan world. He was very successful as we know. Paul was beheaded at Rome about the same time as Peter was crucified for their testimony and witnessing for Christ, so the Church at Rome suggests.

Paul as an imposter is a more gnostic attitude. Personally, I think that without Paul we would not have Christianity as we know it today. He was vital and I believe Jesus chose Him on the road to Damascus for the very purpose of his importance in bringing The Word of God to Rome and the pagan world.

edit on 29-1-2015 by lonesomerimbaud because: spelling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join