It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumi and Bangui share their experiences practicing western influenced Chaos magic in Japan.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I thought this was an interesting video, clearly practitioners of Chaos magic, like myself.

Anyone who practices ChM has a different take on it, largely it is "do what works for you". I have incorporated eastern elements into my practice and they have taken on western elements. Yet strangely, I find quite a lot of parallels.

The video is in Japanese but includes English closed captions.

Please be advised this video is quite graphic in places and some may find it disturbing. It is very "NSFW". You have been warned, view at your own risk.

Youtube:
What image do you see when you hear the word "witch"? Crooked suspicious old woman or nose, or do see a pretty witch like in Kiki's Delivery Service? Witches Rumi and Bangui, based in Tokyo, overturn the typical image of the witch. Ultra-modern versions of traditional witch activities andmaking full use of such things as iphone and skype. Additionally, they also incorporate sex magic rituals ...!

edit on 27/1/2015 by LilFox because: Broken video links

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LilFox

I would be interested in seeing the vids but they didn't link correctly.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: rememberthetrees

Thanks, Ill fix that now. Sorry about that.
It wouldn't work outside of the playlist when embedded for some reason. Should work now. Enjoy

edit on 27/1/2015 by LilFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LilFox
a reply to: rememberthetrees

Thanks, Ill fix that now. Sorry about that.

Fixed. Thanks OP.
edit on 1/27/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

So if they are witches and they actually have some form of power then you could be here to spread some type of spell under the guise of information? Would that make you a minion?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I have been practicing for longer than YouTube has existed, so no.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Am I the only one seeing a naked woman's butt in the OP's Youtube image? No one has mentioned it yet, lol.

Am I also the only one who noticed it was in Japanese without subtitles?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Not very impressive, too much emphasis on sex and the idea the internet is something magical. While it's just a collection of smaller libraries with digitized books, computers are not magical boxes.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
No one can deny the power of ritual to help an individual/group find peace and expression...It's undeniably the one universal constant of the human experience.

Thank you for sharing this. It's certainly a nice change of pace from the usual nihilistic media-driven madness machine.

edit on 1/27/15 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting clarity

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I always was under the impression the big time was always conjuration.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

S for you, can't flag yet or I would! Refreshing look at ritual magic!! Thanks for posting this! I highly enjoyed this and say kodos to them for sharing something so personal! I think the main point, which is discussed starting at the 8:36 mark in the second vid, is what should be emphasized. Its about maintaining a healthy relationship with our subconscious! Having an ongoing inner relationship and communication with our subconscious is the key!

On a side note, she explains how she overcame her ataxia with out meds. Mind over matter! I have used meditation to cope with fibro and chronic fatigue syndrome, which I have due to a rare virus I contracted. It is the only thing that has given me lasting relief and a better quality of life!

If you have any other links or vids of such quality. I would be highly interested in them!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
These so called witches do not seem to have any real understanding of the subject of magic at all.

I doubt the efficacy of this type of chaos magick when they don't even seem to understand any of the principles involved.

Doing ritual work in other planes would be the equivalent of doing it over the internet? And I'm pretty certain practicioners in medieval Europe actually did meet out in the woods to do rituals, some of them sexual in nature.

Do they even realize that they may be playing with non-human entities? Are they that type of magician that'll take a strictly psychological approach to understanding magic? It's like the Western atheist "Buddhists" that discard vast amounts of the teachings, thinking they would know better than the Buddha, believing his teachings to be redundant and outdated.

The history is inaccurate. Certain segments in Europe were always practicing magic and that goes back to ancient times. From the Hermeticists, Rosicrucians and Freemasons to the alchemists, witches, cunning folk, pagan druids, sorcerers and shamans.

"Modern witchcraft is derivative of magic that was rediscovered in the 1960's."

This is true if one wants to talk specifically about Wicca, but I'd wager that the occult streams that have forever permeated European culture and that are still extant is a much bigger influence on modern magic.

These kids need real initiations.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
These so called witches do not seem to have any real understanding of the subject of magic at all.

I doubt the efficacy of this type of chaos magick when they don't even seem to understand any of the principles involved.

There is no "type" of Chaos Magic. It is as diverse and varied as the occult itself. Perhaps you should have read up a little first before passing judgment on their practices and ChM itself.

Chaos Matrix - What is Chaos Magick

To: zee-list
Subject: It's an old point that bears repeating.
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:59:40 GMT

I don't know much about chaos magic in any academic, I-read-it-in-XXX sense. Here's my recent experience with real chaos magic.

A good friend of mine was in pain, and in an effort to lessen her pain, I "healed" her. Along the lines of an old post Lauranz made entitled Occam's Pot Scrubber, or something similar, I should more rightly say that she reported feeling less pain after I perceived an action on my own part.

We got into a discussion of how I do it. My answer didn't satisfy me, completely, because I'm overly analytical. I told her that I healed because I know it works. That's all.

No paradigm. No invocation. No visualization. I lay on my hands, and I concentrate on the knowledge that it Works, and it Works.

They call it Faith Healing.

I can analyze it. I really can. But my friend made an astoundingly concise and insightful statement that removes my desire to do so: she said, "Steve, it works because it's yours. You didn't read it in a book. It won't fail because you're not doing it Hine's way, or Caroll's way, it will work, because you're doing it your way."

Similarly, her house is "haunted." By this I mean that upon entering a particular room for the first time, I commented that it felt like someone had hung themselves there. They have, or will. Her name is/will be Colleen. The same night, this entity moved into the room we were sitting in, and caused me great discomfort, in addition to lowering the ambient temperature. Rather than invoke some great deity to cast it out, or banish this "ghost," I simply calmed my self inwardly, felt my inner temperature, and concentrated on feeling my temperature rise. I then asked the spirit to bide its time, that the pain it would cause us would in no way lessen its own, and that, in time, I would help it if I could.

Nothing I've read or put supreme effort into has worked. When I want results, I simply focus on what I know is true: that I have a modicum of power within my Self, and that I can use it externally. It is my chi, my Soul, my life force, and my aura.

Chaos magic? This is chaos magic. Chaos magic is doing what works, for you.

Enjoy the story, folks, and I'll be seeing you in your dreams,
Rev.Graves.

They do what works for them and there is no possible way to judge what they are doing in a short video like that. If they get desired results, it works for them.
As many form their own rituals you have no what is going on behind the scenes. I know that the video was heavily cut, it appeared to be two different summonings and I presume much of the sexual content was snipped as well.

Why ask questions about them here, perhaps you should email them and ask there.

As they say, there's more than one way to skin a cat. I found the video interesting none the less.
edit on 28/1/2015 by LilFox because: Fixed something.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I realize now I came off sounding hard, I recognise that there is truth in what they say and practice but some of the things they were saying betrayed some gaps in their approach and in their theory of magic to me.

I know about Chaos Magick, "this type of chaos magick" was in reference to their particular chaos magick, what they happen to practice.

I practice chaos magick too but I wouldn't say I'm particularly influenced by the movement of chaos magick at all, I think everybody does "chaos magick" to a certain degree. This is the saving grace of occultism, because it's mostly always been so broad and willing to sample and explore outside of fixed belief systems, this is what witches and magicians have been doing all throughout history.

Now and now again someone will come along and synthesize, become adept enough to shape a movement or tradition, someone to discard the fossilized dogma that has been twisted along the centuries and bringing clarity and light to an occulted area of expertise and thereby purifying any given occult corpus of teachings or otherwise create a new system.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

You came across as though you were personally condemning their actions and or beliefs.

We don't know what was left out. I am not going to pass judgment, there is just not enough information. We saw parts of what appeared to be at least two different conjurations, I say two different ones because there is no way anybody with half a mind would summon Baphomet and Cerberus at the same time. If you have been practicing ChM for a while then you know the risks of screwing around with such things. People have lost their minds, others their life.

Perhaps everyone does practice a little ChM, it could even encompass superstition. A signature could be defined as a sigil.. we live in a world filled with energy. There's ritualistic practices everywhere.

I do not call ChM a movement at all, IoT, GD and such, they are just offshoots of the main. Most are solo practitioners, the main body of us keep to ourselves. We have been viewed since day one as dangerous rogues. We are free to practice without paradigm, for those who shape their ethics by their beliefs, we are even perceived a danger to the occult.

Heh, that fossilized dogma forms shackles around the ankles very quickly. However some prefer it. I have encountered people that cannot cope with ChM, they need dogma, they need to be told what to do. They need to know they can move from a to c via b. I guess places such as IoT fill that gap very too.

Each to their own, thank you for sharing.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

ive noticed youtube has been letting nudity slip a little

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Man girl knock off all that sex magic stuff and try some jesus ...you are worth it you dont need to be validated or shown your worth with that stuff try the light girl come out of the darkness

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777

Man girl knock off all that sex magic stuff and try some jesus ...you are worth it you dont need to be validated or shown your worth with that stuff try the light girl come out of the darkness

Such opinions are not welcome buddy. You choose your path and I'll choose mine.

Your "care" for my eternal soul is noted, I appreciate any good will you sent my way however I have made my choices and I request that you do not pursue your subject with me. I am not interested in your path, your religion or your opinions on my path. Thank you for your time and consideration. If you pursue this, I will be forced to report you.
edit on 29/1/2015 by LilFox because: Elaboration

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

well you know it is a website where we all share our opinions in case you didnt know .
But have a good day report away if one feels so compelled too im sure i didnt say anything out of line .

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

Sharing your opinion is one thing. Telling someone they need your god, is not an opinion. It is called being disrespectful. I don't want to hear your judgments on my life either. That is quite out of line.

I will leave it at that, I just request that you keep such unwelcome comments and judgments to yourself. I believe I have made myself adequately clear in regards to such matters.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join