It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wise Co. residents on edge as more dogs go missing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is happening a county that neighbors mine. Im also a pretty big dog lover. Needless to say, this story caught my attention once I saw it.

www.wfaa.com...

But it wasn't until Robin turned to Facebook that she realized there may be much more to his disappearance.

"If you back track it to the beginning of November, it's frightening."

Two dogs from her neighbor Jana's yard went missing on the same day.

Around the same time, Cassidy McKibben's four-year-old Jack Russell terrier, Lily, disappeared.

"I noticed that my fence was messed up, and I have posted something everyday since she's been gone," McKibben said.

A total of 40 dogs have gone missing in the past 2 months in this county. Residents are a bit worried, and there doesn't really look like there's any information to go off of on what may be happening here. The only possible information to go off of is a suspicious car in a neighborhoood when one of the dogs went missing.

The only lead they have is a suspicious car, spotted in Robin's neighborhood the day Jack went missing.

The sheriff is saying the number of dogs missing in whatever is happening here is the highest they have ever seen.

Walker noticed that the numbers are much higher than they've ever seen, and there is speculation that this could be suspicious.

"Could they be using them in dog fights? It's possible," he said.

If someone is running around and stealing a bunch of peoples dogs, I hope they find them soon. It is a bit concerning though that there's nearly nothing to go off of.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I think the cats are doing it.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I have three cats. I wouldn't be surprised if they cooked up a plan to get rid of the dogs around my house. Sneaky bastards. Love them anyway.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
In best hopes these thieves are found. These disappearances as such as linked to quite a few things for profit: dog fighting rings(as mentioned), people selling the animals to vivisection labs, to people selling the animals online. Could be an overseas meat market sales?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

A bad joke but here are the top 3 possibilities:

1) Check kitchens of the local Chinese restaurants!
2) You have a Bigfoot infestation and they are hungry.
3) Cops need live targets.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Does anyone have any experience with Google search, specifically with the image search function, by inserting a picture for match?

Could a guy take his dogs picture and find any type of listings where someone posted it?

At least where the Google crawler found it?

I don't think they are using them for bait dogs, due to the fact that some are really tiny.

I'm sticking with thieves reselling them. For instance...40 dogs x $200=$8000 up to 40 x $1000=$40000. $$$$

..fake papers can be made easily.

If I was the cops, I'd set up a few traps in the area. Lights off, dog in yard etc...

I'm betting these dogs are on the market near by, owners/cops need to try this search tactic.

Start with craigslist in area, then search surrounding states for matches?

edit on 1 by Mandroid7 because: Format repair

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Id like to know how many of what breeds are gone as well....there may be a clue in what they are taking.....
If predators or predator....there would certainly be blood spoor etc....
This is either aliens or well its................ aliens....

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Chinese food...

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I also think Chinese food is most likely

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
First off people need to think about what dogs truly do for us. There walking alarms. ... if dogs are being taken in a area. Then my hunch is there are peoples houses being targeted. They should quietly put in hiden cams in there homes to be on the safe side. I have known of groups of people that screw with people and dogs cause them problems with there games. They scrwed with me how i know of them. Hidden cames no one knows about even people that live with you aeems to be the way to catch them in the act.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
And as crazy as this is going to sound. You eather know about them or your going to eventually end up on there target list. At times it kinda makes me think of the movie invasion of the body snatchers. .... its,almost that crazy without the plantts and
Body doubles.... but everything eles seems that way.... the dogs missing in the town to me seems like there moving in and gearing up to play..... i hope like hell what i am saying is not the going down. But setup and secretly get hidden survalince equp setup. Its funny what can show up on a cam no one but you know is there.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Pro tip of the day.... always think about how things that happen effect you. No so much who but what someone has to gain from you thru it. Wierd stuff happening to you can most of the time be figured out. Thru this way of looking at odd things happening to you.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Earthquaaaaaaaaaaaaaake !

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: pathwalker777

We had a lot of house burglaries around my area. The cops finally caught the guys. That had a map with them of the houses in the area. There were red dots on a lot of houses. None of these houses had been broken into. Cops worked out every red dot was a house with a dog.
Burglers hate barking dogs.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I'm not saying it's aliens, buuutttt........

It's probably....

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

If all the dogs being taken are pure-breds, then I think you may be right about the re-selling.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

How pervasive is dog fighting in your surrounding area?

...if not, I'd say someone is selling them like others said.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Ah hah ha! Great one Ricky! You made me laugh! Thank you.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoEpic
I also think Chinese food is most likely

Thats about the only thing left thats "made in america", the chinese food.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Are y'all joking or serious about the Chinese food? I'm j/w..

I've heard it all my life, and I usually chalked it up to a slightly racist taboo of asian cultures because they eat dogs in their home countries, lol. But in America?

I always wondered, why would someone go through so much trouble to steal and butcher random dogs? Just to not have to pay for actual chicken or pork or whatever? lol.

Then there's the thought that I'm sure some asian folks somewhere enjoy eating it. But that many, in America, secretly eating dogs without telling anyone?

Quite the conspiracy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join