It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hybrid Solar Event Pinpoints Abrahamic Covenant

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Here once again (in my opinion) is another example of how stuff is distorted and hidden from us.

I came across another story on CNN about how the Chronicle Project has released a new discovering regarding a Hybrid Solar Eclipse and the events in the Bible regarding Abram and God.

ireport.cnn.com...

The reason this discovery was never made before, is because the standard bible version translation hides any info which would have steered someone to look for what they found.

Here's a little on the story

The Chronicle Project.org released the newly restored version of the fifteenth chapter of Genesis, regarding what is known as the Covenant of Pieces.

en.wikipedia.org...

Since their discovery in 2009 of the Self Defining Hebrew system embedded in ancient Hebrew, they have been using it to restore the corrected version of the scriptures. The SDH system exposes the actual meaning of any ancient Hebrew word, thus removing the potential for translations skewed by doctrinal pressures.

thechronicleproject.org...

With the SDH applied to the account of Abram being visited by the Creator, some amazing discoveries have come to light regarding the event.
The standard Bible translation appears as such:

Genesis (KJV)
15:12 And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him.

The SDH restored version reads as so:

15:12 And then the sun began to dim. Therefore Abram fell down in terror. And he observed what begin to manifest, a great darkness which was increasing, therefore continuing to disperse.

In the SDH restored version, it was revealed that what appeared to be a possible solar event had taken place at that time. The research team began to check through eclipse calculations that might match such an event within that time period.

According to Jewish historians, the Covenant of the Pieces took place in 1743 BCE. The Chronicle Project team was able track an actual hybrid solar eclipse which ocurred in that exact area on March 5 1743.

A hybrid eclipse (also called annular/total eclipse) is one that shifts between a total and annular eclipse. At certain points on the surface of Earth it appears as a total eclipse, whereas at other points it appears as annular. Hybrid eclipses are comparatively rare. In this case, this fleeting hybrid eclipse covered only a tiny path, just 8 km wide and lasted for a brief 9 seconds at the point of maximum eclipse.
No other full eclipse ocurred in the same region of hundreds of years on either side of the date.

moonblink.info...

What does this mean to me? The number of articles I've read where people question whether or not Abraham ever even existed. There is no proof they say.

Now I read that a simple restoration of the Hebrew steers us to a pinpointable solar event, happening exactly where it should be, when the history scholars say it should have occurred 1743 BCE

An eclipse with a swath width of only 8 km, lasting only 9 seconds at full eclipse.

Funny how that was hidden from us.

Another accident?

I doubt it!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: winterkill

This is very interesting thanks for this information. I'm sure some group knew about this already, of course telling the world that and other secrets would probably result in them being dethroned. S + F

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Knowledge will be increased and the book shut up until the time of the end?

Interesting knowledge either way.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Thanks for this. I wish I could read the original Hebrew.

I read somewhere that if they tried to interpret it into English correctly, with all the various meanings that can be used in the original Hebrew it would take a Bible about 80 times bigger than the KJV.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Abraham...the guy behind 1 billion deaths

Crusades
Inquisition
Jihad
Zionism

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mehmet666Heineken

The thread's about a solar occurrence, if you want to belittle people's beliefs, no matter how indirect, there's plenty of other threads where people gripe about Christianity and Islam.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
So you're telling me the covenant was based on an astrological event? Color me surprised.
Seems like a lot of the bible has astrological events in it to signify big moments.
edit on 1/23/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: winterkill

Funny how that was hidden from us.
Another accident?
I doubt it!

That Abraham saw an eclipse is not new, it has been discussed for some time. The ancient Chinese had a focus on eclipses, the only problem there was getting a forecast right, get it wrong and you were Chop Suey. The thing is, people knew about eclipses at any time in history. Sooo what is the problem?

Carl Sagan,
"Think of how many religions attempt to validate themselves with prophecy. Think of how many people rely on these prophecies, however vague, however unfulfilled, to support or prop up their beliefs. Yet has there ever been a religion with the prophetic accuracy and reliability of science? There isn’t a religion on the planet that doesn’t long for a comparable ability — precise, and repeatedly demonstrated before committed skeptics — to foretell future events. No other human institution comes close."

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

funny you should mention that line, if you want to know what that section really says, the chronical project just restored that a week or two ago. It made big news at the time. Heres a link to the restored part of Daniel:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

The Hebrew on that section will probably be posted by them sometime this month. All of the other stuff they have done included with the Hebrew is here. I've read the stuff, way unusual!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
No wonder why the Catholic church suppressed science.

There were afraid of "heretics" finding the real truth.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The only thing that this new evidence suggests is that the Hebrews were aware of stellar and celestial phenomenon in 1743 BC. It suggests nothing about the historical existence of Abraham. A more plausible theory? The original 5 books of the Old Testament were composed between 900-500 BCE, with modern scholarship leaning more toward the latter end, to coincide with the Babylonian captivity.

Now, what is one of the things the Babylonians (and later Chaldeans) were exceptionally good at? Astronomy. And, since Babylon had been a thriving city since 1897 BCE, nearly 1500 years earlier, it is far more likely that Hebrew scribes, during the Babylonian captivity, simply borrowed the eclipse from Babylonian records; the same way they borrowed so much else from the Babylonians.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wandering Scribe

Not bad, whoever borrowed the eclipse info, then used the only one visible in an 8km wide span, viewable for only 9 seconds at that point. Good thing one like that occurred at that exact time or the writer would have had a problem coming up with something cooler. He then went on to write a book which doesn't allow Jews to eat all that "cool" stuff you do, give back all of their puchased land and slaves every 50 years, not have sex with as many woman as they want, not charge interest to each other on loans, and the list goes on.

Yep, if I was making a book up that I had to follow, I would do that too!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

a reply to: stosh64

The Hebrew on that section will probably be posted by them sometime this month. All of the other stuff they have done included with the Hebrew is here. I've read the stuff, way unusual!

Thank you, new to me.

I will check it out. S&F

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The opposing opinions in this thread are that abraham is responsible for a billion deaths and that science was stolen by religion. I think you two should work it out. I mean you are both saying that either science is the real culprit behind the deaths and war or that abraham was real along with the bible being true. The point is that if you want to claim christianity was just formed from science then science has to own all the deaths that come from technology and start explaining the lack of control in such advanced thinking.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

People always get off topic to try and turn the thread to a fight. I really wish that happened less.
To say that thus and so is responsible for a billion deaths (emotional exageration to begin with) is silly.
No religion or gun or flag or ideas are responsible for deaths. People are. They kill because they hate.
They hate, because they cannot have what they want, or they are the cowardly, too afraid to stand against those who would murder. Stop blaming things, start setting an example.

Now back to our thread about a cool discovery

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Here once again (in my opinion) is another example of how stuff is distorted and hidden from us.

Or how people like the "Chronicle Project" just make crap up!

I came across another story on CNN about how the Chronicle Project

scotteriology.wordpress.com...

The Chronicle Project: Worst Hebrew Translators Ever?

*sigh*… so much stupidity. Where to begin? How about, “These words were given to shepherds and slaves, not Pharisees and scribes.” Almost the entire Hebrew Bible was written by Scribes! And even if it wasn’t, the thought worlds of bronze age shepherds (who couldn’t write) are in no way, at all, in any manner, similar to ignorant, unknowledgeable modern persons. But… most of the HB was written during, and after, the Persian period by scribes!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Very well presented and informative.
Thank you for the work you have done on this.

top topics

join