It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cartoon Predicts the Future More Than 50 Years Ago

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I just finished watching this and wow, that is some pretty wild stuff. The people that created this were pretty on with their assessment and the crazy thing is that the analogies made here are wild, especially with the state hand. I hope the rest of you here at ATS have a few minutes to check this out. At the very least it is entertaining and also notable is that it appears to have been made to educate students way back when, boy have times a changed.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

But think of the children. There are bogeymen around every corner.

Your Government knows best, your Government only has your security at heart, your Government is your friend.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Wow, did they ever hit the nail right on the head. A very interesting look at how times have changed in America, and maybe not for the better.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

They have a cure for that, lol and its not an ISM

a reply to: warpig69

Scary isn't it?
edit on 22-1-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Fascinating stuff. When I saw the title of the thread I thought "H.G. Wells and his idea of a submersible marine vehicle in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Pretty wild how one's imagination can come up with things like this way before they are in use. From a societal perspective it is even crazier to me - I can't imagine what the West or what any part of the world will look like economically or politically in 20 years, nonehtless 50.

Great post, thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Probably was like that back then too but we are always to stupid to change.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

They have a cure for that, lol and its not an ISM

You are right, racISM, sexISM, agISM, fundamentalISM.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

At first I thought this was an early propaganda film then I was some what surprised when it dawned on me, this used to be used to educate youth in schools.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
People should not have freedom in the sense that they can just do any act they please. And people wonder why America is a very corrupt and filth ridden place, because its the land of the free. I don't think people should have freedom of speech either.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WatchingY0u
People should not have freedom in the sense that they can just do any act they please. And people wonder why America is a very corrupt and filth ridden place, because its the land of the free. I don't think people should have freedom of speech either.

You should get into politics.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

There is only one sense of freedom, if you are not free then you are what? I really hope you are being sarcastic

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Good flick Brother. Would that we still had the wise John Q Public to remind us of the evils of ism. So, thanks John Q Brotherman.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

LOL IDK about John Q Brotherman, I'm more akin to the town drunk always raving on about this or that haha

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
There are many different senses of freedom.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WatchingY0u

I was born with freedom, from time to time you have to stand up for your own because otherwise you are not free you are a slave. The notion of freedom is that I am free of my thoughts and actions and to do as I please with the understanding that I Brotherman do not do anything to harm or impede others body property or freedom. After all that everything falls into place. I think freedom is pretty black and white.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I see what you're saying but people definitely shouldn't have freedom of speech nor freedom to do as thou please, that's all I'm saying.
People should want to live in a civilized and respectful environment.

edit on 22-1-2015 by WatchingY0u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I see what you're saying but people definitely shouldn't have freedom of speech nor freedom to do as thou please, that's all I'm saying.
People should want to live in a civilized, respectful environment.

No freedom of speech, hahaha your a funny guy (or girl)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You do realize that without freedom of speech places such as ATS wouldn't exist, correct?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Im just saying that freedom of speech enables people to just say what they want disrespecting people, that really irritates me when people say they have freedom of speech to disrespect someone. That's all I'm saying.

edit on 22-1-2015 by WatchingY0u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

In the U.K we can't say what we want or do as we please, but we can criticise without the fear of being arrested and imprisoned (well at the moment at least). There is hate speech/action laws in place to protect some really sensitive souls.

Words don't kill people, rappers do.
edit on 22/1/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join