It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Japanese ISIS hostage travel to Syria after suffering a breakdown?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

There is little to differentiate the two orange-suited men kneeling alongside each other in ISIS's latest hostage video.

But a closer look at the Japanese nationals reveals one thought he was the reincarnation of a cross-dressing Japanese princess - while the other is a Christian convert who some fear felt he needed to save him.

Journalist Kenji Goto and Haruna Yukawa both appeared in the latest ISIS video, in which the terror group warns they will be beheaded unless their government pays a $200million ransom by Friday.

But as the men wait to hear their fate, a picture of two very different people thrown together in war-torn Syria by chance a little less than a year ago has started to emerge.

Yukawa, 42, was the first to be captured..

Did Japanese ISIS hostage travel to Syria after suffering a breakdown? One believed he was reincarnation of cross-dressing princess – and second captive may have been on Christian mission to find him

It may be a silly title but this is a sad and horrible situation.

Goto, John, and Yukawa from left to right

I really feel sorry for these two tortured souls

Haruna Yukawa has such a sad story to tell about his life. With his wife's death of cancer his transgender identity issues and self mutilation... Its gut wrenching to read. This mans life story is so very sad.

The other guy Kenji Goto is pulled into this story with some really terrible luck. though he has some real character,honor,heart, and love for life. I have great respect for this man and his moral compass

The third person in this story I have no respect for and I cant wait till this sick piece of vile and excrement meets his maker. im talking about none other than Jihadi John

edit on 22-1-2015 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Are they trying to dehumanize these two ahead of the inevitable beheading?

Plenty of people are going to read "reincarnated cross-dressing princess" and think "wow, what a nutball!"

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Its a sensational title for a sad story IMO... How ever I didnt write the story I just brought it to you here on ATS to deiced for your self.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Who came up with the bright idea to write about the hostages mental condition?

A hostage is a hostage.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

That would be FLORA DRURY.

Courtesy of www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 22-1-2015 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Are they trying to dehumanize these two ahead of the inevitable beheading?

Plenty of people are going to read "reincarnated cross-dressing princess" and think "wow, what a nutball!"

Well, the source quoted is the Daily Mail... They dehumanise everyone.

That said, my thoughts do go out to these two men, and every other innocent individual murdered by these scumbags. Lets hope that these two men are released, no matter how unlikely that is.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Look at their shadows.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: cfnyaami

wow that's interesting nice catch.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

What about them? They look like they should in the partiticular situation. Unless you're mistaking the shadow of the shoulder on the right side to be a shadow of his head. And the scumbag standing clearly isn't standing between them, but behind them.
edit on 22-1-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LionOfGOD

What about them? They look like they should in the partiticular situation. Unless you're mistaking the shadow of the shoulder on the right side to be a shadow of his head. And the scumbag standing clearly isn't standing between them, but behind them.

Look at the shadows of their chins. On the man on the left, it clearly slants to the right. On the man on the right it clearly slants to the left. That means photoshop. 100%

soulwaxer

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
photoshopped person on the right. Shadow is all wrong

CX

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: cfnyaami
Look at their shadows.

I know absoloutely nothing about this subject, but a quick search found this comment regarding similar queries on moon landing pics....

Inconsistent color and angle of shadows and light[edit]

The shadows should be absolutely black and run parallel to each other.[10]
Shadows on the Moon are complicated because there are several light sources: the Sun, and the Earth, as well as the astronauts and the Lunar Module.[11] Light from these sources is scattered by lunar dust in many different directions, including into shadows.

Then this bit, which could explain the different angles of shadows....

Additionally, the moons surface is not flat and shadows falling into craters and hills appear longer, shorter and distorted from the simple expectations of the conspiracists. More significantly, perspective effects come into play, particularly on rough or angled ground.[12] This leads to non-parallel shadows even on objects which are extremely close to each other, and can be observed easily on Earth wherever fences or trees are found. And finally, the camera in use was fitted with a wide angle lens, which naturally resulted in subtle versions of fisheye lens distortion

Could that explain it? Like I said, no expert here so maybe someone with more expertise with light effects could chip in.

CX.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

Interesting.
But i´m still not entirely convinced that this has been photoshopped,
though i don't deny the possibility. Their positions are not entirely clears since we cannot see the ground,
and light casting shadows is not as clear cut as some would like people to believe.

edit on 22-1-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: pez1975

WOW! Isnt it just great that a knife wielding Islamo-Creep gets worldwide press coverage! And he wants money! Should we call this a compulsive tithe then? LOL. Needs some more APGs for the prophet! Mom send money.....summer abroad is going very badly.

edit on 22-1-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CX

I have a degree in photography and 20 years experience with Photoshop. Most of the points you mention are correct, but aren't so relevant to this image. For one, this image was not taken with a wide angle lens, it was at least a normal lens, maybe slightly tele-photo. None of your points are relevant to the shadows from the chins on the neck and shoulders. That is the dead give-away.

soulwaxer

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

They aren't on the moon so only one external light source.

I dont know. Doesnt matter if its shopped. Isis does that it wouldnt mean they arent hostages or no longer in danger. Couls mean one or both are already dead unfortunately.

CX

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

Thank you for your info, much appreciated, and that hopefully rules that one out then.

CX.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pez1975

I didnt know they released a pic of jihadi john. I knew they had a suspect but no clue they came out with who it was.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

I dont know. Doesnt matter if its shopped. Isis does that it wouldnt mean they arent hostages or no longer in danger. Couls mean one or both are already dead unfortunately.

Yes, of course IS could have done the photoshopping, and it certainly would matter. At the very least, I would expect some discussion about it in the media.

soulwaxer

CX

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Yeah I know they aren't on the moon, that's why I split the comment to show what they say about light and shadow angles in normal pics here on earth.

These factors apparently can effect things here too.

CX.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join