It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[DRG2015] Tears Amongst the Stars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Before the Sun came to be, there was a star which was only a few thousand thousandfold of years, but was already old. And, red like a ruby, it was about to die.

Around this old star there was an old world, upon which two ancient dragons lived. She was like the colour of a leaf in summer, and he was like the colour of silver. And nothing could part their love.

But one day the star died. The explosion of the collapsing star shot matter all throughout space, and the force reached their world. And their world started to shake, and shatter. She was on the other side of the world. And the silver dragon saw this other half of the world separate, and fall away into space. The heart of the sun became a dark sphere, and slowly the part of the world upon which was the green dragon fell to it. The silver dragon saw his world slowly melt under the heat, but nothing could compare to the sorrow which he could now feel in his heart. And each days he would try and look up at the sun's heart to see his lost love, but the heart was so bright he could not see beyond it.

With time the half of the world of the silver dragon was pushed far from the dead sun, and so he could see its heart no more. And his tears froze into ice in the empty space between the stars.

Soon from the dust of the old star a new star was born, with a new world around it. And the new star was the Sun, and the new world was the Earth.

The silver dragon came to hide into the seas of this new world, and his torment would shake the continents. When men came to be, they had love. This made the silver dragon most jealous. Out of rage he spread destruction across the world. But out of the hollowed out rocks men found caves for shelter. Eventually, man grew and started gazing at the stars, too. And when they invented a tool to behold the farthest stars of the universe, they found something which they did not understand.
They found a dragon at the other end of the universe.

It was the silver dragon's love.

Instead of doing evil things, the dragon became good, gazing upon the vast distance between him and his soulmate. Allying with Man so to devise a way to reach the stars.

Meanwhile at the other side of the universe the green dragon thought she had lost her soulmate. As she could not bear the pain, she swam into the darkest space, the space which exists between galaxies. And there she drifted, where nothing exists, forever dreaming so to forget her waking life.

With an increasing despair did the silver dragon beheld the vast distance of space to the edge of the universe. He knew he could not swim the distance - for he would most certainly run out of life before reaching the other side of the universe. And as days passed he felt that he would never see his soulmate - her eyes like stars parting darkness, her wings like clouds sweeping the sky, her scales like the lush green jungles of the worlds.

But by then men became most knowledgable. And soon they realized that something must have transported the green dragon that far. They discovered that collapsing the heart of a star could pierce a hole right across the universe, sending things to one side to another like through a door. And the silver dragon suddenly understood that his soulmate had fell into such a door at the moment the ruby star's heart collapsed.

So men tried to find the door which the ruby star had pierced across the universe. And soon enough they found it - right inside the Sun. The sun had simply formed around the small sphere's event horizon.

So the silver dragon hesitated not. He took flight and swam right at the Sun. He dove into the Sun's surface, and kept on swimming into the ocean of fire. He felt the heat on his face, burning his wings. But he kept on going. And after what seemed like eternity, he emerged.

Still blinded by the light of the Sun, he saw nothing, as he confusingly flapped his wings in the empty space. Then, after an entire day, his vision came back to him, and he saw the new stars as he stood at the other side of the Universe.

Now, somewhere in the space between the galaxies, a green and a silver dragon are reunited, and they are dancing amongst nothingness, for their love is above anything in the Universe. The silver dragon missed not the stars, for the green dragon's eyes were like stars parting darkness. He missed not the clouds, for her wings were like the clouds sweeping the skies. He missed not the worlds, for her scales were like the lush green jungles of the worlds.
And they kept on dancing, even as the Universe itself reached an end.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
What a beautiful story!!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Swanne this is very Cool!!! Great Story!!!
Syx.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
What a touching story! I loved it. S+F!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Nicely done my friend.

Peace to you.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

And his tears froze into ice in the empty space between the stars.

There is something so sad about the space between the stars, what a beautiful line. That was a wonderful story - in the absence of love, there is will..
Absolutely gorgeous,

B x

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star, a reply to: SyxPak, a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Thank you! I am glad you liked it.

I love dragons!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Indeed. They say that whatever is "far from the eyes is far from the heart"... I disagree. It is what we do no see that actually burns the most in our hearts.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Bump

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Don't be afraid to comment - It's the first fantasy short story I wrote, I could use some critics...

edit on 23-1-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Yours was really cool too! I gave you your thirteenth flag... I hope you are not superstitious.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

13 Rocks Swanne!!! LOL!!! Thanx for that! I appreciate it!!!
And thanx for the compliment on My Story.
That is appreciated too Man!!! Later for now, Syx.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Ah! February started. We have until the 14th if my memory serves me well. I wish you luck!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Best of Good Luck to You also Swanne! I entered mainly because I like Dragons, a LOT!! Can ya tell?! LOL!! Also it would not be right for Me to NOT enter, right? You know, Dragon Avatar and all. LOL!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Yeah, I feel you mate.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Lovely story.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RedCairo

Thanks mate! I appreciate!

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:37 AM