It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Files reboot incoming!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Good news. Bring 'em back. In the meantime I'll be collecting the old series. I really miss that show.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Who is that guy?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Has the world ran out of new material that everything is being remade or rebooted. wtf

I love the x-files and all but does it really need to be rebooted

Well, you never found out what happened with the alien colonization program....
Cant WAIT for this! Will have to watch all 9 seasons again you Netflix, before they pull it off...

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

About time,

Hopefully David Duchovny learned his lesson that "he wasn't a good movie actor" and will stick to what works.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
delete please
edit on 1/17/2015 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Big doubts they can recapture the spark.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I wonder if Cancer man lasted this long?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
This is fantastic, I used to watch X-Files back ing the 90's and early 00's. I hope The Lone Gunmen also make a return in the new X-Files series.
edit on 18-1-2015 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Has the world ran out of new material that everything is being remade or rebooted. wtf

I love the x-files and all but does it really need to be rebooted

Its not an actual reboot like the title of the thread says. The article says they are bringing back Chris Carter, David Duchovny, and Gillian Anderson. Fox is waiting for everyones schedule to be open. So it sounds like a continuation. Not a remake.

I think this is awesome. I was just thinking to myself the other day that they should make a continuation with Mulder and Scully off the grid and two new agents starting up the X-files again. But this is even better.

I wonder if it will have anything to do with X-Files season 10. The Season 10 comic book was supposed to be a canonical continuation of the television show. Or if this invalidates it.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Can't wait!
The X files rocked-I hope they get Annabeth Gish back to be the gorgeous Agent Reyes.

So by next year we could have Twin Peaks and the X files back on TV-Bring it on I say!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Best news I have heard in a while

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't think the cigarette man can return to the show. Didn't he take a couple of helicopter missiles to the face in the series? If they bring him back it will be to surreal even for Xfiles.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Great stuff, I look forward to it! Always got time for Mulder & Scully
Too bad about the cancer man. And hm, in the second movie, weren't they ex-FBI by that point, Mulder had become a recluse and Scully was a doctor? Haven't seen it in a long time, and although it was nothing much like the series, I still felt it encapsulated Mulder & Scully's relationship (that we had grown to love in the series) in a nice way. Perhaps a new series will have them as ex-FBI and doing freelance investigation or something, occasionally calling on guest star Mitch Pillegi once in a while

edit on 18-1-2015 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

I don't think the cigarette man can return to the show. Didn't he take a couple of helicopter missiles to the face in the series? If they bring him back it will be to surreal even for Xfiles.

They brought him back for the season 10 graphic novels,not quite sure they explained how though!
Maybe he could be a vessel of the black oil or some kind of clone job..
William B. Davis could do a lot worse than returning to the x files as well-hes been in some real stinker TV movies lately:
www.imdb.com...

www.imdb.com...

www.imdb.com...

Can't blame the guy I suppose,Morley's are not cheap so he has to keep acting,even in really awful movies.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Totally agree. Also Gun man are killed as characters. Why would thy bring them on the show again? Is X Files, not Fringe...

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Why are you guys so happy? Its gonna be full of Illuminati BS. American media is already dead. Only thing left is the internet.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Why are you guys so happy? Its gonna be full of Illuminati BS. American media is already dead. Only thing left is the internet.

The internet is not full of BS ?

I will put an X on my window with tape if I could belive that.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Blah blah blah..
I can find BS on the Internet , under the guise of truth or fact, much quicker and easier then I can on a fictional TV show.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Blah blah blah..
I can find BS on the Internet , under the guise of truth or fact, much quicker and easier then I can on a fictional TV show.

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

The internet is not full of BS ?

I will put an X on my window with tape if I could belive that.

Don't be a jackass. You know the TV is more controlled than the internet. Anyone tries to release info on TV gets sacked. So far internet info are still alive for now, until the gov gets complete control of it. Plus why don't you look at the lies History Channel been putting out.

www.dailykos.com...
edit on 18-1-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap
Not tryin to be a jackass,honest-
The TV is certainly more tightly controlled than the internet I agree-
But the internet contains a vast ocean of BS by its very nature,
which makes the tuth so much harder to discern.

And that suits certain folks.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Ummm...Nah...I'd rather see them continue with "Star gate Universe"...Jericho was too soap opera-ish by the end of it

I would love an X-files reboot with Gillian and David though...NOT...a remake BTW...

YouSir

<< 1    3  4 >>

join