It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jazz Listeners?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hey just curious if there are any other ATS members that enjoy jazz. I listen to everything from Rap to heavy metal but I'd have to say nothing beats a relaxing jazz rift after a long day. Here some of the bands in my iTunes library. If you've never heard of thm before you may want to checck them out. You never know, you just might enjoy some of them.

Medeski Martin & Wood
- I really like there new album.... End of the World Party(just in case) .... You'll never hear anything like it ever again.

The Bad Plus
- great listening, on their... These are the Vistas.... album they redo Nirvana's smells like teen spirit... cool stuff!

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
-If you don't know about these guys you better check your pulse....

John Scofield

and of course Miles Davis

I'm looking for some new good bands... Judging from what I listed above I'd like your input on some other bands you think might interest me.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I really like the Pat Metheny Group. Amazon.com has clips that you can sample. You may want to check out this Jazz groups music.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
We were very high, and the heat in Radio City was too warm and Pat was on a 5 hour rift.......zzzzzzzzzzzz!

I love the fusion flavors best & the tight vocalists - Donald Fagan is a genius. Ricky Lee Jones & Sade have tremendous inflection that can squeeze emotion out of you., and if Eddie Palmieri doesn't have you moving......ya dead!

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Diana Krall (Mrs. Elvis Costello) is one of the hottest names in jazz. any of her c.d.'s is worth buying. i bought the "live in paris" disc a while back and cant stop listening to it.
also if your in the mood for horns, (yes, i wake up to "kind of blue" by Miles, every morning) its hard to go wrong with anything by Wynton Marsallis or John Coltrane.
vocals? Billie Holliday, has always been in a class of her own. the emotion and range of her work has always set her apart from the rest.
(the Diana Ross film "lady sings the blue's" is her life story)
as for fusion? "Spyro Gyra" has always produced quality and thoughtfull music.
and lets not overlook the bass and...Jaco Pastorious. (why do the great ones always die young?)
good luck and happy hunting. -j; )

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
-If you don't know about these guys you better check your pulse....

Right on!! I've seen them in concert twice and I must say that they are probably one of the most talented groups of musicians I've ever seen or heard!! If anyone reading this is not familiar with Bela Fleck, but enjoys jazz, bluegrass, or just kick-ass music, check them out! www.flecktones.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Revolutionary Snake Ensemble
Jeff Golub
The John Scofield Band
Bona Fide
Zony Mash
Bo Jacobsen
The Combustion Collective
Dave Weckl Band

Hope you find something you enjoy, and happy listening!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Not a big jazz fan, but I like Sade...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Great to see people enjoing jazz..
My favourites:

John Scofield
Pat Metheny,
Bobby McFerrin
and some Old school: CHARLIE PARKER (
) Krzysztof Komeda and soft latin Stan Getz

[edit on 15-12-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
To name just a few of my favs....a couple I see are repeats...

Diana Krall
Miles Davis and John Coltrane (seperate they are incredible...amazing, but combined - there are no words!)
Wynton Marsalis
*checks behind back...all clear...* Kenny G.....lol
The Rat Pack
John Scofield
Paul Hardcastle
Red Garland
Many others....

[edit on 12/15/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

*checks behind back...all clear...* Kenny G.....lol

*Bout Time slips out his BlackJack and parts EOH's hair to the bone!!!*

After South Park!?! With Mr.Garrison!?!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
*Bout Time slips out his BlackJack and parts EOH's hair to the bone!!!*

Doh! I should have known someone was looking!

I gotta admit he's the biggest faggot in the world....

But he sure does blow a mean horn

What do you get when you cross a Kenny G with a G Unit?!

After South Park!?! With Mr.Garrison!?!

Yeah yeah yeah....lol - Isn't that the episode where kenny #s himself to death?! That one was friggin awesome....lmao....

[edit on 12/15/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
....is always underestimated! I think watching "Benny Hill" & "Monty Python" as a little kid damaged me a tad!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Look out Enron... I thought I saw Nasty Nate eyeballin' you... you can call me the squirrel man

Yeah jezebel knows what I'm talkin' about... I've seen em live a few times too... They must have been good cause I can't remember anything!!!

I'm gettin' another Scofield CD I guess... Just curoius from those that listed him... Whats your favorite CD... I only have one... his "A Go Go" album.

The dang politics section got me another warning........... I gotta stay outta that section:bnghd:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Look out Enron... I thought I saw Nasty Nate eyeballin' you... you can call me the squirrel man

....I always forget what movie that's from....then I remember why I forget and it's even funnier - lol

I'm gettin' another Scofield CD I guess... Just curoius from those that listed him... Whats your favorite CD... I only have one... his "A Go Go" album.

I'd suggest his new one (yes...new...lol) - EnRoute...."Bag" is by far my fav on that one....

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Gotta say John Scofield, Pat Metheny are my all time favorite.
I was suprised no one mentioned Weather Report. :shk:

new topics

top topics

join