It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

slightly worried about going to paris,am i being daft?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
ok me and my gf are due to fly to paris on 18th,now its only a 4 day trip to disney like we did last year but obviously whats going on i,m having doubts. Don,t get me wrong there is more chance of aliens landing than her cancelling the trip and i,m actually feeling a bit of pressure to go when if it was actually just me myself i mite have just cancelled it. i know thats just living in fear but is a 4 day trip worth even putting yourself into that position? what do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yes.

If you don't you will have succumbed to terrorism and they have won.

It's what they want. Deny them it.

Go.

Bravado not fear. It's the only way we'll beat them.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hm. Tonight they are reporting that all the sleeper cells in Paris have been activated. Why not give it some more time to see how things progress. Honestly, I'm not sure I'd be willing to go until things are more stable.

ETA: Oh, I see you are not leaving until the 18th. You don't need to make the decision now. Give it a few more days to assess the situation.

Stay safe.
edit on 1/10/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
There are warnings from governments on travelling there.

Though there are plenty of people already there that don't have a choice.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

Sorry for this one, but the plane could crash before you get there.

My point is, being at the wrong place at the wrong time is actually very rare even though it happens to people every day.

You should go with no fear, and have a pleasant non speculative trip.

Enjoy Paris

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Hm. Tonight they are reporting that all the sleeper cells in Paris have been activated. Why not give it some more time to see how things progress. Honestly, I'm not sure I'd be willing to go until things are more stable.

ETA: Oh, I see you are not leaving until the 18th. You don't need to make the decision now. Give it a few more days to assess the situation.

Stay safe.
well i,ve got to next sunday but as i said she wouldn,t cancel her trip to disney for anything,she already said today that terrorists won,t stop her where i,m a little more cautious thinking is it still such a good idea? i,m not so sure.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Go and have a great time! But be aware in public. I wondered today if the airfare rates would have dropped to fly there. I want to go back to the museums and the Louvre. My HS senior trip in the 1980s was to DC the week after some bad people bworded the capital. We stood out there as a class on the steps and took a class photo with the construction scaffolds in the background. My husband's grandmother dword at the kitchen sink. I would rather go to Paris than wash the dishes at the end. Life your life.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31

Stay safe.
well i,ve got to next sunday but as i said she wouldn,t cancel her trip to disney for anything,she already said today that terrorists won,t stop her where i,m a little more cautious thinking is it still such a good idea? i,m not so sure.

I am so glad my wife and I are on the same page with things, I feel for ya.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

They have said they won't harm women or children, so that would automatically put Disney off-limits. Still, I see your concern. Doesn't sound like a relaxing vay-cay in a environment that could become combative at any time though.

Your concerns are very valid. See how the next few days go.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: sparky31

Stay safe.

I am so glad my wife and I are on the same page with things, I feel for ya.
yeah thanx,its just with her job this is her only time off for next 6 months so its booked and shes going and no one is going to stop her,pure and simple,could split up and she would still drag me along so she could still go lol

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

LoL, I can picture that as a pleasant trip! I am sure it would be fine. Like others said, enjoy Paris.

But I would be aware while I was in public, maybe I'm just paranoid though. Too much ATS, that's my excuse!

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The short answer, yes. Live now, for tomorrow we die. Gonna die anyway, so what's the worst that could happen?? You go out doing what you want, living the dream.
edit on 10-1-2015 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist

The short answer, yes. Live now, for tomorrow we die. Gonna die anyway, so what's the worst that could happen?? You go out doing what you want, living the dream.
going out with a bottle of jack and coke is living the dream lol i doubt it will happen tho

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hell, yeah, go. No fear. Have fun goddammit.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Quote-- ""]well i,ve got to next sunday but as i said she wouldn,t cancel her trip to disney for anything,she already said today that terrorists won,t stop her where i,m a little more cautious thinking is it still such a good idea? i,m not so sure.""

From the mouth of awesomes. Your friend has the fearless spirit we all need to have. Who can blame her for wanting to stand up against the bullies? They want you to be scared, not kill you. Sounds like they succeeded. Grow a bloody spine and get on that plane.

If you're so worried stay at home and let her go without you. It sounds like she can take care of herself.

edit on 10-1-2015 by angus1745 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I was working throughout Europe in 2001 and did most of my travelling by plane. 9/11 came and to be honest, travelling by plane lost it's appeal real quick. Before every flight I couldn't help but think what if.. Having Muslim people on your flight automatically made you suspicious of them etc....(yeah fear brings out the worst in people)

I'd go and have fun.

I suspect the security checks to be higher so I'd suggest you get there a little earlier to avoid waiting in line to get into the park and missing valuable fun-time.

Have fun and say hi to Mickey from me...

Peace
edit on 2015pAmerica/ChicagoSat, 10 Jan 2015 23:23:01 -0600pm312320151 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Relax.. Go .. Have fun and enjoy paris.. dont forget to get your gf flowers and a set of mickey mouse ears .. propose to her along the seine ..

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Paris scares me. Those people wear way too much perfume and cologne. My Asthma would kill me. Who worries about a few terrorists when a lot more important problem exists.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Don't worry. Where I am, we've got MI5 beating the drums of panic with a supposedly upcoming terrorist attack.
I hope that doesn't happen but that won't mean that I'll hide under my bed out of fear.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It's your choice. While you contemplate your decision I will quote Stéphane "Charb" Charbonnier, the editor of Charlie Hebdo -

"I'd Rather Die Standing Than Live on My Knees"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join