It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foundations We Lie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What’s really great about my life is I get up every single morning in a 5 bedroom home that is paid for in full. After a shower, in my master bath overlooking the pond, I make my way down to the granite topped, and cherry wood cabinet kitchen, where Maria is making breakfast. My 3rd wife doesn't actually like to cook, so giving a job to someone that needs it is a wonderful feeling. Whatever is left over from our meals Maria is always welcome to take them home too.

After breakfast, I gather my things for work, but decide I’ll go in late because that’s what everyone else does. As I get in my brand new BMW I realize that it’s already last year’s model, so I’ll have to remedy this in the next month or so. No worries though because I’ll be getting a few bonuses from my job, and for keeping my mouth shut.

Having a job that allows me lots of free time, credit cards for all my meals, expenses and full medical coverage has been a dream come true. What’s amazing about my job is that even if I make lots of mistakes I still get my paycheck, 401k and will get a full pension and medical till I die.

The foundations I lay are mostly weak, but it doesn't matter because that is what my bosses tell me to do, so I do it without question, even though I know deep down that what I’m building will crumble and is unstable; I smile like everything is ok, because everyone else I work with does.

I questioned our workmanship a few times early on, but I was told that if I brought it up again they would make my life difficult, so it’s best to keep my mouth shut now. Poor workmanship doesn't matter because we can blame it on poor job materials, or other contractors and someone else will fix it sooner or later, so no worries.

Another great perk is we don’t have to read the blueprints anymore; we just have to show up for work and pretend that we know what’s on the blueprints. The architects tell us that we shouldn't worry about what’s in the blueprints, and to tell the homeowners not to worry either, because everything will turn out for the best.

I’m so glad that homeowners are too busy with their chaotic lives to actually questions us, or see what’s going on, because if they did then maybe we’d have to start reading and understanding those complicated blueprints. Did I mention that I really don’t know anything about building, and that I was a baker before I got this job?

I have heard rumors that the houses we build are crumbling all over and hurting people, but really it’s not our fault because the contractors that came after us should have re-enforced the foundations, with all that extra money they are getting paid. I really can’t believe those idiots didn't see the problems.

I just heard from my boss that materials are going up, and the homeowners are complaining about paying more money for our work, this is making me a bit angry because I have my bills to pay. How dare these people question our work, we know our jobs better than them, so if they think they can build a better building, then step up to the plate.

The boss and the architect have told everyone, in our company, not to worry, because he has come up with a wonderful speech to inform homeowners, that in order to have a solid foundation, that we’ll need more money to get the job done. And with all of the chaos from falling buildings, and people dying it will be an easy sell, because when people are in fear for their lives, they’ll pretty much do anything.

Thank goodness I don’t have to live in those shacks and deal with all of their problems.

I think my next color should be white, with tan leather interiors what do you think?

Warmest Regards,

A Politician

edit on 10-1-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I didn't realize you were a politician. That sounds like a normal job in the upper echelon of society.

Now, this sounds like you may be telling a fable here, since lie is in the title. But it actually could be a true account of your life which you hide behind a possible satire.

Oh well, it doesn't matter, no used getting conspiracy minded.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I didn't realize you were a politician. That sounds like a normal job in the upper echelon of society.

Now, this sounds like you may be telling a fable here, since lie is in the title. But it actually could be a true account of your life which you hide behind a possible satire.

Oh well, it doesn't matter, no used getting conspiracy minded.

lol!

Fortunately for me, if someone offered me a position like this I would turn it down without thought. I love getting my hands dirty.

I am in the building/housing industry these days and was thinking......"What if we ran our job-sight like the government does?"
edit on 10-1-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You know, the ingrediants and requirements for being a succesful long-term "respected" politician is to be the least decent of a human being possible, while doing only what benefits themselves and their cronies and lobbyists. All while playing to the foolish masses (er, I mean their "fellow Americans" as they say and dont mean) that they work to benefit us.

People cheerleading and voting for these bums are almost as bad as politicians.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I am in the building/housing industry these days and was thinking......"What if we ran our job-sight like the government does?"

But some builders do do that. They then fall back on mandatory "construction insurance" that the owner is obliged to pay for in the first place. In Australia the building industry is run by nicely dressed crooks..not as bad as bankers though

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Yes and those clowns typically go out of business because of a poor business model, or people can run from them because they have a choice.

With the government people are married to them whether they like it or not.

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

But some builders do do that. They then fall back on mandatory "construction insurance" that the owner is obliged to pay for in the first place. In Australia the building industry is run by nicely dressed crooks..not as bad as bankers though

new topics

top topics

join