It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous fast food!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I can't believe some of these "sandwiches". When I heard a couple radio talk-show guys talking about Arby's "Meat Mountain" sandwich, I thought it was a joke. When they said they went to Arby's and bought one, I still thought they were joking.

It supposedly contains 80 grams of protein, over 50 grams of fat, and over 3500 milligrams of sodium.
They also discussed a chain restaurant that features giant burritos weighing a pound-and-a-half, and have 1200 calories.
That's correct. One burrito = 1200 calories!

I wonder if anyone here has tried any of these fast food items??

Over the top fast food!

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Just for comparison, the military's MRE's average about 1200 calories. They get 4 of them per day.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Sodium. That's the really big thing that folks have to keep in mind when going to fast food and even to popular restaurants.

Sodium Levels In Fast Food
Sodium Levels Sky High

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Just for comparison, the military's MRE's average about 1200 calories. They get 4 of them per day.

But the average fast food burrito is about 400 calories. We're talking 3x more.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

How many calories in a bucket of KFC chicken?

What is the solution? Limiting portion sizes that restaurants are allowed to sell?

Should we limit the amount of food one can buy at a grocery store in a prescribed amount of time?

I already have a solution. Eat as much of whatever food that you want to eat... that is your business, not mine.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

But the average fast food burrito is about 400 calories. We're talking 3x more.

I was not defending the burrito, only giving something to compare it to.
And i can tell you that when I used to work at a steel mill in my younger days, I could hammer that burrito without even thinking about it. I needed those calories, but that sodium is way out there.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

That's because we burn at least that many calories in the field. We're a little more active than the average American.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Go to any sit down restaurant and order a pasta dish, or hamburger or steak dish and it severely out weighs fast food in calories, sodium, etc.

Fast food and restaurants aren't there to be healthy, it's there to enjoy and splurge once in a while. If I ate that sandwich I'd just simply cut back on my food for the day.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

What is the solution? Limiting portion sizes that restaurants are allowed to sell?

Maybe we should. No, that would be too Bloomberg-esque.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

Maybe we should. No, that would be too Bloomberg-esque.

I just don't care how fat someone else is, I guess.

Part of it might be because I don't think that religious teachings should be forced down anyone's throat.

How does this connect to religion?

The Bible and the Koran both espouse that we should be our brother's keeper.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I eat a lot I fast food, unfortunately I hate Arby's. Although I love the KFC Double Down sandwich, I can eat two of them in one sitting. I weigh 139lbs, 5'9, and have been the same exact weight for the last 8 years regardless of what i eat or how much I work out. I love fast food, personally I could care less how much sodium or calories the items I eat have. Won't stop me.
edit on 10-1-2015 by Shadys321 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2015 by Shadys321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadys321
I eat a lot I fast food, unfortunately I hate Arby's. Although I love the KFC Double Down sandwich, I can eat two of them in one sitting. I weigh 139lbs, 5'9, and have been the same exact weight for the last 8 years regardless of what i eat or how much I work out. I love fast food, personally I could care less how much sodium or calories the items I eat have. Won't stop me.

I hate you! I have a friend who has lived on pizza and cheeseburgers for decades, and he's in fantastic shape, never been sick other than a minor cold, has perfect blood pressure, cholesterol, etc....

I could eat pizza three meals per day, but I would weigh 400 pounds.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadys321

I hate you! I have a friend who has lived on pizza and cheeseburgers for decades, and he's in fantastic shape, never been sick other than a minor cold, has perfect blood pressure, cholesterol, etc....

I could eat pizza three meals per day, but I would weigh 400 pounds.

With real estate it's "location, location, location"
With weight loss/gain its "metabolism, metabolism, metabolism"

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I've calculated that I average about 1500 calories a day from beer alone.
I eat anything I want. Never held back on fats. I have maintained the same weight for most of my adult life.
I'm 6' and about 170 lbs.

new topics

top topics

join