It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two people critical after second Paris shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Two people are in a critical condition after a man fires gunshots in a Paris attack possibly unrelated to the Charlie Hebdo shooting on Wednesday.

A policewoman and a city employee were in critical condition after a man fired on them with an automatic rifle, police said on Thursday morning.

Two people critical after second Paris shooting

Not much is known about this new shooting, so there's not a whole lot to go off of with this yet.

The 2 victims are a police officer and a city employee. The article does mention an automatic rifle was used in this shooting, but not much else.

Im looking at other articles on the web about this newest shooting, and they all pretty much say the same as this. Once there's more information, i'll post it here.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Just found another article with a bit more information.

www.oneindia.com...

Paris, Jan 8: A day after cold-blooded massacre in Charlie Hebdo headquarters, fresh firing has been reported near Porte de Chantillon in Southern Paris on Thursday.

According to initial reports, two policemen have been injured in the firing.

This article also mentions there was an explosion at a restaurant in Paris.

An explosion takes place in L;yon Restaurant in Paris. No injuries reported yet.

ETA - Im assuming there's still confusion among some of the media on what exactly is happening in regards to this most recent shooting, so some of this information will change.

edit on 8-1-2015 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

www.9news.com.au...

A little more information . Bullet proof vest . Here we go again .

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
And here's another article from CBS with more info.

www.cbsnews.com...

Thursday's shooting happened around 8 a.m. local time (2 a.m. Eastern) and according to French media reports, at least one suspect was apprehended but another man was believed to have fled the scene.

Initial reports suggested two police officers were reportedly taken to hospital, one of them in serious condition, but Cazeneuve only described one of the victims as a police officer. Witnesses reported hearing at least five gunshots and seeing two suspects, one of them carrying an assault rifle.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I am remaining open about this being a false flag after I viewed a viedo on Youtube that shows the policeman being shot in the head by an AK-47 at close range and no blood seems to come out and his head does not joit backwards as he gets hit.

One moment the MSM press is saying its ISIS terrorists and the next second they are saying its AL-CIAda so i am just not sure if we are getting half the truth right now.

edit on 8-1-2015 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

That´s because real world doesn´t function like in the movies.
Human beings don't fly backwards when they are shot; they collapse.
Blood doesn't burst out of the tissues; it seeps.
edit on 8-1-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Im starting to see multiple news outlets reporting that the officer has died from the gunshots now. Instead of posting a bunch of different articles, ill just keep it at one now.

www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com...

A POLICEWOMAN has died in a shooting in Paris, a day after the massacre at the Charlie Hebdo newspaper.

Im still seeing conflicting reports on who the second victim was. Some news outlets are saying it was another officer, while others say it was a street sweeper.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Forgive an old man but isn't there a well known prophecy about the destruction of France/Paris?

edit on 8-1-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: buni11687
Im starting to see multiple news outlets reporting that the officer has died from the gunshots now. Instead of posting a bunch of different articles, ill just keep it at one now.

www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com...

A POLICEWOMAN has died in a shooting in Paris, a day after the massacre at the Charlie Hebdo newspaper.

Im still seeing conflicting reports on who the second victim was. Some news outlets are saying it was another officer, while others say it was a street sweeper.

Yes, a policewoman died (confirmed) and the second victim is a street sweeper, in critical state.

Police forces prepare an assault to a building in Montrouge.

Written from France.

Madness still continue here

edit on 8-1-2015 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Oh well, if it was on youtube, it must be the truth!

It's amazing, because it doesn't look like a fake Hollywood movie, then it's fake.

How ironic!

Best you, and the others who are crying fake learn a little bit about how bullets work.

Almost certainly the bullets used were Full Metal Jackets. They'll pass through a body with very little collateral damage.

Hollow Points are what could make the back of some poor souls head blow out.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I still find it odd that the 3 terrorists from yesterday left their ID behind in one of the getaway cars. i mean seriousley? are you that stupid. Because from what i've heard this was a professional attack. And last i checked professionals don't leave ID's in the getaway car. That alone smells like fish. But it could also be they are just very stupid. i don't know what to believe these days. Too much lies in the media so much confusion arghhhh

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
BREAKING

Car of the two suspects signaled on north-east of France, coming back to Paris by highway, heavily armed.

Licence plate of the car hidden.

edit on 8-1-2015 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: elevenaugust
BREAKING

Car of the two suspects signaled on north-east of France, coming back to Paris by highway, heavily armed.

Licence plate of the car hidden.

Just seeing this breaking.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Shots have been fired at a petrol station where the two suspects in the Charlie Hebdo magazine attack have been spotted, according to French media.

AFP reported a source who said two men fitting the description of brothers Said Kouachi and Cherif Kouachi were seen by the manager of a petrol station near Villers-Cotteret in the northern Aisne region, east of Paris, this morning.

Le Parisien said men wearing balaclavas were travelling in the direction of Paris in a Renault Clio which was also carrying firearms.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: buni11687Welcome to the new world, # animals

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
I still find it odd that the 3 terrorists from yesterday left their ID behind in one of the getaway cars. i mean seriousley? are you that stupid. Because from what i've heard this was a professional attack. And last i checked professionals don't leave ID's in the getaway car. That alone smells like fish. But it could also be they are just very stupid. i don't know what to believe these days. Too much lies in the media so much confusion arghhhh

Maybe they were 'fake' ID's to try and throw the police off them in another direction. Thats what I'd do anyway.
edit on CSTThu, 08 Jan 2015 08:45:11 -0600u3108x011x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Last I knew being a terrorist or having terrorist sympathies doesn't make one a "professional" anything. These guys aren't professional hitters. Expecting them to behave like professionals is a stretch.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
I am remaining open about this being a false flag after I viewed a viedo on Youtube that shows the policeman being shot in the head by an AK-47 at close range and no blood seems to come out and his head does not joit backwards as he gets hit.

One moment the MSM press is saying its ISIS terrorists and the next second they are saying its AL-CIAda so i am just not sure if we are getting half the truth right now.

Your thread about this was moved to the LOL bin. Where it belongs

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

Then go ahead and ask to the family of Ahmed Merabet (the policeman cowardly shoot in Paris street by the terrorists) how they feel...

Speaking of indecent remark...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Last I knew being a terrorist or having terrorist sympathies doesn't make one a "professional" anything. These guys aren't professional hitters. Expecting them to behave like professionals is a stretch.

Maybe, maybe not but it was all over the radio yesterday that it was a professional hit. I've put a link for you:

The attack appears to have been executed by hardened and well-trained fighters who may have received instructions at a training facility overseas, or locally in France. The attackers may also be ex-military.

The professionalism of the two attackers is seen in a brief video that shows the execution of one of the two French policemen on the street outside of Charlie Hebdo's headquarters [the graphic video is reproduced below]. The video was captured by witnesses at the scene of the attack and was published on Liveleak.

The two attackers move in side-by-side formation and fire deliberately while shooting at a French police officer who is four to five car lengths away. After the officer is shot and downed, the two gunmen move quickly towards the policemen. One shoots and executes the officer in stride. Both men move past the body, peer up the street for additional targets, then peel off and move back to the black car and leave the scene of the attack.

Read more: www.longwarjournal.org...

It also appears know who they're looking for:

Sources tell AFP that 18-year-old Hamyd Mourad surrendered to police at 23:00 local time on Wednesday "after seeing his name circulating on social media". "He has been arrested and taken into custody," another source told the agency.

French police have released these photos of the two brothers wanted in connection with the attacks. Cherif Kouachi (l) is 32, and his brother Said is 34.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I knew I had seen this somewhere
telegraph.co.uk

I wonder how he could expect a 2nd attack just from the fact that they didn't want to die.
Anyone remember a MO like this in the past he could be drawing on?

Notice the time of posting. It's this morning.
How much do they know without telling anyone or is this just wild guessing on the CIA guy's part?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join