It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The doll that aged

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This story is quite bizarre!

Alana George has a YouTube channel that features mostly paranormal vids.
This video tells the story of an allegedly aging doll. The story goes that an average, ordinary family bought their little girl a typical baby-type doll. When the little girl grew out of playing with dolls, they packed it away in the attic. Years later, they found the doll, and recognized its clothing. They were terrified to see the doll had aged like a human!
Apparently its eyes look disturbingly human.

One theory is that an entity is somehow attached to the doll, causing the supernatural aging.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
When I was in high school I was into hand drawn animation like old school Disney, I did an animation where a doll baby aged like that until it was turned into dust and then swept under a rug where eventually turned to dirt and a flower began to grow.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Always makes me think fake when it starts:

The Family in question has never wanted to be named due to privacy issues

Good video anyway

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I happened to come across this through my FB feed a few months ago. How creepy is that? Lol. Honestly though, this is not the first time I've heard of such a phenomenon occurring.

I had a friend, roughly 4 and a half years ago, who bought an old doll for her mother at a yard sale that particular Summer. 2 more years had gone by, and this creepy, discolored little china doll looked as though it had real wrinkles forming across it's forehead, cheeks, upper brow and dimples. She moved away, so I'll have to contact her about the doll and see if she still has it.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Dolls, Clowns, Monkeys...

Hate 'em all!!!!....

Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
So the baby doll went out and bought itself an old man's sweater when it aged? Looks like it was a doll make to look like an old man in the first place to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It kind of reminds me of an apple head doll.

Their faces wrinkle when they get heated up and then they look like old people.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Cool story, and I'm not one to discount the paranormal, but I'm just not buying it.

Without knowing how long ago this took place, you can't know the material the doll was made of. I've collected dolls for years and have done one of a kind makeovers on vinyl Barbies and Tonner brand dolls.

Darkblade, you're correct. The only medium I know of that will "age" in a realistic manner are apple head dolls. Once carved, they dry naturally or can be heated, with the result a very natural looking elderly person.

Modern vinyl is pretty stable. If the doll was stored in an attic, at most the heat from the attic may have caused some separation of the oils in the vinyl. There could have also had staining due to color leaching into the doll over the years from clothing or setting on a colored surface.

Bisque is heat stable and pretty stain resistant. Composition dolls are made of parts composed of a sawdust and glue mixture, pressed into a mold, then painted and varnished. It's very common for the doll to craze (develop tiny cracks like ceramics do), or for parts of the doll to flake away. They're also very fragile.

The very realistic eyes could have been high quality glass. Check out some of the pictures of ball jointed doll making supplies.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Looks like someone just shrunk their Granny. I'd call the Police on this one.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That truly was a waste of 2:39 of my life. I'm off to go do something productive. It's frustrating that the Mars face got hoaxed when you can clearly see on the NASA image, it is very real and we get crap like this that isn't hoaxed. Face palm is in order.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Maybe it wasn't a doll in the first place. Maybe it was a real little person!!!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

story lacks any logical coherence or even internal consistency

which is pretty poor for such a short tail

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

More like they are both hoax stories.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Lighten up, people. It's just some YouTuber relating a story in a scary "round the campfire" style. I didn't say it was "This Week With George Will".

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Any story that ends in, "We may never know," is just that: A story.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

One theory is that an entity is somehow attached to the doll, causing the supernatural aging.

One theory is that it's a lie.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Maybe the doll was made from human flesh and was somehow preserved.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
Any story that ends in, "We may never know," is just that: A story.

Sounds like "Ancient Aliens"

Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
hoax

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I imagine years down the line people will be studying the folk aspects of youtube. It's interesting how, from a social perspective, it's replaced the traditional fireside ghost story.

Also, it is obvious this story is just a good old fashioned(and faked) ghost tale. The music, the narration. All you need is a tent, a flashlight, and your older sister waiting for the climatic moment to yell.

I hope no one over the age of 7 takes this video seriously.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join