It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Troops, Tribes to U.S.: Leave or Face War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Thousands of sacked Iraqi soldiers swarmed angrily around U.S. headquarters in Baghdad on Monday, as squabbling tribal leaders told the Americans they could face war if they did not leave soon.
story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20030602/wl_nm/iraq_army_dc

This was my biggest fear about the war in Iraq.How is the US/UK going to rebuild Iraq.There are at least three factions in Iraq,none of them care for the US.I have no idea how we will over come the differances between our western culture and the middle east culture.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Ah............finally!

Saddam was a bastard, but he did keep a lid on the petty squabbling and fighting between various peoples there. We removed that cap, now they are back to thier old games.

The tribal leaders, or shieks, basically sell out to whoever they want. Not to be trusted.

All the more reason to pull out and do it..........quicktime. Maybe we should find Saddam and put him back in power.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Skadi_the_Evil_Elf mad elf assassin is an understatement our boyze are not all from Iowa (not that I think badly about Iowa its a wonderful state but lets face it the street wise aspect of our military was not born there).

If they want to claim that they got it going on my advise is that they get themselves a shovel. That way all the crap they think they can put out will be easier for them to get of the streets.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Pulling out now would be the worst thing we could do.And we end up right where we were before the war.Another dictator,more sanctions and so on.
But the coalition should have been better prepared for the aftermath of no Saddam.I think they need to Iraqis running the show,not one of our generals or anybody else from a western society.

new topics

top topics

join