It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want the TRUTH about Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I'm curious about the religion, we all see the propaganda spread in the MSM, stuff like Muhammad taking a 9 year old girl for his wife, rules in the Quaran about how to beat slaves, wifes, etc, how it tells to 'kill infidels', at least, thats what we are told.
I know we have some Muslims that post on here, tell me about your beliefs, what is true, what is not. I want to learn something new

MODS: please delete any trolling remarks from the trolling community that lurks here on ATS

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Truth is, it's a religion, like any other. Full of normal peace loving individuals and topped off with fringe fanatics, who can't seem to get a grip on reality or their mental health.

If you truly want to learn more, open a book. Do some research. Don't rely on others to fill your head with opinions. As they are like anus', everyone has one and they all stink.

Stick to facts like the very few I have started you off with, and you can't go wrong.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
I'm curious about the religion, we all see the propaganda spread in the MSM, stuff like Muhammad taking a 9 year old girl for his wife, rules in the Quaran about how to beat slaves, wifes, etc, how it tells to 'kill infidels', at least, thats what we are told.
I know we have some Muslims that post on here, tell me about your beliefs, what is true, what is not. I want to learn something new

MODS: please delete any trolling remarks from the trolling community that lurks here on ATS

Nice idea, I know little more than what I see/hear in the media so would be interested to hear some facts straight from the horses mouth so to speak. We all know too well how the media likes to twist things into their own perspective.

Sadly, I predict this will delve down into a religious bashing thread within the hour but we'll see.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
it will be interesting to hear something form the "horse's mouth" for a change, so this can be a good idea.
I am agnostic, but raised christian, my personal belief is that most people that subscribe to the ideas you point out in your post do so because they are afraid f their own community turning their backs on them.
People like to say things like "90% of muslims think people that leave the religion should be killed"
Ok sure, now how many ACTUALLY believe that and how many say it because they are afraid of repercussions from more extremest elements?
hopefully we can get some clarity, or a different prospective at least.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Thats EXACTLY what I want!!

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
From experience over the years and met knowing many muslims .. find them overall much the same as everyone else .. on the plus side noticed
1. they tend to be more honest and fair in dealing with others compared to christians..
2. they tend to be very family / community oriented
3. they encourage study and learning new things ..
4. been times in past when I needed help .. muslims helped without question or conditions .. whereas from christians it was are you christian ? are you a member of our church ? upon answering no their answer was sorry we cant help you ..

Yes like all groups theres a small minority that are idiots .. but thats been magnified and exploited by western governments and christians to justify mass murder and theft of resources along with justify draconian laws to strip the rights of citizens in western countries ..

Even in matters like divorce islamic law is more balanced/fair than western law ..

Good thread.. hope it doesnt get trashed ..

edit on 3/1/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

“He/she is not a Muslim who goes to bed satiated while his neighbor goes hungry”

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
There is a member of this forum who was previously training to be an Imam but later became disillusioned with the religion. Name starts with an S I think, you want to read what they have to say....

Edit: Found it!

Sahabi: Link to thread

There is a conspiracy in Islam that has so far managed to stay off of the mainstream radar. This conspiracy has been perpetuated to keep its followers obedient, to attract new converts, and to incite fragmentation and separation amongst our human family. The conspiracy is regarding the belief that today’s Qur’an is incorruptible and as pure and perfect as when Muhammad recited it.

The content of this thread was originally meant to be published; however, I have condensed and modified it to upload as an ATS exclusive.

It may take a while to get through this thread, so bookmark, grab a drink, and relax.

• Part 1: My Personal Islamic Background

• Part 2: The History of al-Qur’an
- Muhammad ibn Abdullah
- Ali ibn Abi Talib
- Abu Bakr as-Saddiq
- Umar ibn al-Khattab
- Uthman ibn Affan
- Abdullah ibn Mas’ud
- Ubay ibn Ka’b

• Part 3: Physical Qur’ans
- Great Mosque, Sana’a, Yemen
- British Library, London, England
- National Library, Paris, France
- Telyashayakh Mosque, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Topkapi Palace Museum, Istanbul, Turkey
- False Uthmani Qur’ans

• Part 4: Potentially Lost Verses and Abrogation

• Part 5: Hijazi Defective Script; Not Classical Arabic Script or Kufic

• Part 6: Different Recitations: Ahruf and Qira’at

edit on 3-1-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18830591]Home In my experience from were i live the majority are muslim i have been told that muslims will only help other muslims even my 7yr old came home from primery school he had been told by another muslim child that they could never be friends because of there religion i know this is not true with all muslims but there are quite a few that feel like this where i live

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
it will be interesting to hear something form the "horse's mouth" for a change, so this can be a good idea.
I am agnostic, but raised christian, my personal belief is that most people that subscribe to the ideas you point out in your post do so because they are afraid f their own community turning their backs on them.
People like to say things like "90% of muslims think people that leave the religion should be killed"
Ok sure, now how many ACTUALLY believe that and how many say it because they are afraid of repercussions from more extremest elements?
hopefully we can get some clarity, or a different prospective at least.

S. Arabia beheads over 80 people in 2014, highest level in five years

Rape, murder, armed robbery, drug trafficking, sodomy, practicing witchcraft and renunciation of one’s faith are all capital offenses in the ultra-conservative absolute monarchy, which has a legal system based on Islamic or Sharia law rather than legal codes and precedents.

According to Amnesty International data, Riyadh has one of the highest execution rates in the world: 79 executions in Saudi Arabia in 2013 and 2012, and 82 in 2011 and 2010.

Like in all religions it is the way their great book is interpreted and by who is doing the sermon/preaching.
Not that bad really if you use Chicago or Detroit as an example of people being killed.. Although I would bet not many are beheaded due to witchcraft or changing of their religion.

rt.com...
rt.com...
rt.com...
edit on 3-1-2015 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I use to think Islam is a religion of peace but the truth is that they can't tolerate and live with other religions or non religious people but themselves even Muslims living with other Muslim is a big problem. If they want sharia law than they can have it, but don't push it on other people who don't want it.

What they did to the Buddhist stature in Afghanistan just make me sick.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
For the bad side of the Muslim faith two news blogs, 'rantburg' and 'atlas shrugs' any number of other apologist sites and news outlets.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: takers888
I use to think Islam is a religion of peace but the truth is that they can't tolerate and live with other religions or non religious people but themselves even Muslims living with other Muslim is a big problem. If they want sharia law than they can have it, but don't push it on other people who don't want it.

Did Islam do that, or did those nutjob Taliban do that?
Biblically speaking a jew or Christian also has the instruction to do that (graven images/no god beside me)
Using the worst examples of islam makes about as much sense as using the worst examples of any other religion. Centennial Olympic Park bombing for instance, or many, many other Xian insanity. Army of God is a good group to bring up here for examples of Christian terror groups

I will say religion of any flavor should never be part of any government, because extremists in any religion are the armpit of the world and find their way to power whenever possible.

Anyhow ops. if you want to learn about islam and what they believe..just read the quran. 100 people can read it and get 100 different views on it, and will find 100 different interpretations of it of course. All the infighting in the middle east shows there isn't a clearcut unanimous decision of what means what.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I want the TRUTH about Islam

The truth is that it's called a religion now, but it really was a political/military takeover of land based on a religious fabrication. Muhammad was a caravan thief who became a war lord, taking over vast areas of land and murdering those who opposed him. He did it all by claiming to have visions from Allah. He gave no proof of the supposed visions ( which were really just poorly regurgitated Christian and Jewish stories).

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Who do you want to hear the truth from, the Islam supporters that refuse to believe anything negative, or the Islam haters that refuse to believe anything positive?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Eh Islams pretty chilled out, plenty of very laid back Islamic countries.

Take Sufism for example, they like doing this a lot;

Dervish

Islam like any other religion is pretty complex, good and bad.

Guess it really depends what you choose to use it for.

One thing though, and its sad to say there are actualy plenty people here who have been brainwashed by state backed propaganda to the point that personal bias will skew whatever opinion they have, impartiality is no longer a possibility for them. Which is strange given what type of site this is, but still, keep your guard up for the mind tricksters.

edit on 3-1-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

There is no TRUTH with a capital T. There is only individual truth and experience.

My experiences include people who are very warm, friendly, and helpful. The experience in the mosques were very ritualistic.

How they treat women is an abomination. It's the human rights elephant in the room that nobody wants to address. In terms of how they treat women, it's delusional to simply state "Islam is just like any other religion..." It's not.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: takers888

I use to think Islam is a religion of peace but the truth is that they can't tolerate and live with other religions or non religious people but themselves even Muslims living with other Muslim is a big problem.

Too bad history proves you wrong. Even today you can find Muslim nations that coexist with other religions just fine. Iran for example has one of the largest concentrations of Jews outside Israel and before the western backed rebels started the civil war in Syria Christians were protected by Assad.

You cannot blame a whole religion for what a few people do. Because if you do then seeing how some Priests molest children then all Christians are child molesters.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Your post reminded me of my days long ago in crime .They have a code of ethics too and are very protective of the family .They had always treated me good which is more then I could say about some of my supposedly christian brothers and sisters who could do a little work on their ethics . a reply to: Expat888 Op this is a few short YT clips you might find helpful .

edit on 3-1-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: takers888

I use to think Islam is a religion of peace but the truth is that they can't tolerate and live with other religions or non religious people but themselves even Muslims living with other Muslim is a big problem.

Too bad history proves you wrong. Even today you can find Muslim nations that coexist with other religions just fine. Iran for example has one of the largest concentrations of Jews outside Israel and before the western backed rebels started the civil war in Syria Christians were protected by Assad.

You cannot blame a whole religion for what a few people do. Because if you do then seeing how some Priests molest children then all Christians are child molesters.

Your analogy is incredibly flawed regarding the priests.

Many atrocities are committed because of nutcases interpretation of the Quran. There's a causation between the teachings in the religion and the atrocities.

Priests molesting children was not born out of any catholic teachings that were interpreted to mean that priests should have sex with kids.

See the difference?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join