It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid Destroys Dollar Store

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
This kid, apparently for no reason ransacked a Dollar store in Tallahassee, FL. Unfortunately, the store employees couldnt stop him, if they tried to restrain him, the dirtbag's parents could have sued the store. Eventually, as you will see in pt 2, a bystander grabs the kid and holds him outside til cops show up, which you wont see unfortunately.
This kid is the product of poor parenting. I think the ones that should be arrested are his parents. He's goning to go thru years of therapy to correct his way of thinking.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

I'm sure he'll be disciplined when his father gets home. Oh wait...never mind.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LessThanZero

I'm sure he'll be disciplined when his father gets home. Oh wait...never mind.

So in 10-15 years, depending on behavior.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

LOL. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...or in this case, the Dollar Tree.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

OMG.... CPS dictates that I can't advocate for an arse whipping for this child.

I would have been terrified for the life of my arse and the ability to ever sit on it again had my parents caught me doing this with a single box of pop tarts let alone the whole store. Fear of my arse and loss of teeth kept me in check, and still does to this day.

I'm appalled watching it. I'm furious at the parents who have allowed this child to become a hooligan of the highest order only to be promoted to a straight up criminal when he ages enough to enter the system. I can not believe that everyone stood there and watched this. I mean... I can because I know what would have happened had someone tried to restrain him. But ugh... I know a guy finally took him out of the store, but it was too little, too late at that point.

His parents need to be held responsible for every piece of damaged merchandise and the man hours it will take to set the store right again.

Shame on the parents for letting this child get to the point where he thought this was even remotely ok. Had this happened when I was a child any adult in that store would have dealt out an arse whipping and nobody would have batted an eye. As a matter of fact my parents would have likely thanked them and whipped me twice as bad when I got home for embarrassing them to the point that a stranger had to step in to remind me of what "home training" actually was.

I don't know what else to even say about this as I shake my head in awe of the massive failure that has occurred here.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 1/1/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

The parent's should be arrested and so should the kid, without regard for his age. Therapy. LOL.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
We'd have kids do that stuff in the toy aisle when I worked at a dollar store. They'd spray silly string all over the place. Most of the time the parents wouldn't do anything about it. I was just glad it wasn't my aisle to take care of.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Probably didn't do it right though..

(and I know.. ironic that been a member for almost a year and that was my feeble first post.. wait till you see my next one in a year or so!!)
edit on 1-1-2015 by Zyphyr because: Realized that was my first post on ATS after lurking for years

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Great post and I applaud the gentleman who took it upon himself to stop that young man. This child needs to learn a lesson and also learn how to control his anger.

This juvenile does not understand discipline. 40 years ago this problem could have been corrected with corporal punishment; today it is forbidden..... what a shame.

Spare the rod and spoil the child.

S&F
edit on 1-1-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
There are plenty of techniques to tackle an unruly or violent child without resorting to hitting or striking a child. I have worked with deprived children from London, who would constantly be fighting or acting up, many times it was necessary to restrain them or break them up, especially when one was trying to run across a busy road. Not once did I ever strike a child. The guy in the video looks to do a pretty good job. It's not easy

edit on 1-1-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I didn't understand one word spoken in either of those videos.
edit on 1-1-2015 by Poppcocked because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I do not believe the parents should be arrested...yet. Intervention in the way pf parenting classes and a parental support person to keep them on track when the going gets rough, and to provide emotional support to the parents when they start using good parenting techniques and the child fights harder at first because he is unused limits.

If the parents fail to commit to rectifying his behavior, then harsher means could be used. But for goodness sakes, equip the parents with tools and give them a guiding hand before saying they should just be tossed in jail.

They may be loving but misguided and poorly educated parents, who would welcome help.

Then again, they may not be. But the first thing is to provide help. If the parents go to jail, the kid will end up in the system which will only make matters worse.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks that they are not allowed to stop someone, adult or child, from destroying their property; and that a "whupping" is the only way to deal with this; and that they would end up in prison as a result of measured and reasonable actions needs to stop believing the rubbish they read/hear, take a deep breath and grow some bloody balls.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
If this boy continues on this path, he'll likely find himself behind bars for the rest of his life.

Who in the heck was the guy recording him? I guess a You Tube video was more important than stopping this young boy from turning this store upside down.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'm gonna go against the grain here. I don't see a child that needs punishment. I see a child screaming for help. He acted out to get attention,and likely due to feeling unheard at home. Hearing him call the guy holding him down STUPID instantly made me think he has had that yelled at him and had no fear to yell it out at others. Somebody broke this kid inside and it manifested outside. I feel sorry for him.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
I'm gonna go against the grain here. I don't see a child that needs punishment. I see a child screaming for help. He acted out to get attention,and likely due to feeling unheard at home. Hearing him call the guy holding him down STUPID instantly made me think he has had that yelled at him and had no fear to yell it out at others. Somebody broke this kid inside and it manifested outside. I feel sorry for him.

Although I do agree with you 100%, it is also a good lesson for a child to learn that there are consequences for their actions, no matter how screwed up their home life is, and if they do things like this, they must be punished. The proper punishment depends on the kid. For this kid, an old-fashioned whoopin and then miserable chores for a week should start getting the point across. There should always be consequences for things like this, so the kids learn if they're gonna do the crime, they're going to have to pay for it.

Long-term therapy to undo the damage the adults have done to this kid would be a nice adjunct to the ass whoopin.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This child is so full of anger and frustration he can't deal with it alone anymore. This might be his official call for help. Sometimes children don't really know how to do that, so they do it the only way they know how: acting out.

Calling the police was the right thing to do. If he winds up in Juvenile Court, I'm sure the court will order an evaluation of the family home (but, bet's it's been done before), and then get some help for this angry and sad little boy who's needs are not being met by his family, or anybody else.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

I agree there needs to be a lesson learned here for this boy. But for all we know he's already had a life full of miserable chores and ass whoopin. He looks too young for community service or restorative justice. I sincerely hope somebody reaches out far enough to get to the root of his rage and puts him on the right path in life.
edit on 1-1-2015 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Absodoodle, i've worked with kids that had the crud beat out of them so many times by mum and dad that it means very little to them if someone else adds to it - what with the people the desire love, understanding and direction from more than anyone else having already treated them cruelly.

There is always another way, and it usually begins with some understanding and care. That's far more powerful than pain and fear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join