It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah blacks are treated no better than your average white citizen.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: NotMoose

So both those statements can be reversed and be just as true.

Which side was institutionalized and encouraged in this country for decades?

Right, there is an institutionalized system that privileges whites and not other groups in this country. Truth.

But at the same time, I find it really troublesome when people can't listen to other problems that are not institutionalized, including the fact that sometimes smaller minority groups or individuals of those groups can engage in racist actions towards a white person. This does happen, and I myself as a white person have experienced it.

Having an issue with some minorities being prejudiced towards whites does not excuse institutionalized racism, nor does it minimize it.

It is simply having a no tolerance attitude for racism and bigotry of any kind. And it protects individuals from individuals.

Person A who just got jumped by Person B based on their race does not want to hear Person C say "it doesn't matter and can't be racist because there isn't an institutionalized system against you." That's irresponsible and illogical on the part of Person C.

This is just like men are privileged in our society, and historically the system oppressed women in many ways. Also, most sexual violence happens from men towards women.

HOWEVER, there are every year numerous cases of women abusing men, including domestic violence. It doesn't suddenly become okay nor should people whitewash it because "women have been abused by institutionalized oppression." See what I am saying?
edit on 29-12-2014 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I agree with you fully, that last part of my message was intended for people of ATS who are educated & should know better.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I agree with you fully, that last part of my message was intended for people of ATS who are educated & should know better.

Right, fair enough. And I think those who are given the information on this topic and others of import, yet choose to ignore it, are culpable. Chosen ignorance is very different than being truly uneducated.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

a delicate issue even here in Australia racism is all over the world and no single race is spared.

my reflection on the whole thing is its only racist if you let it be.

I know there might be a few faults with this logic but for instance i was walking down the road the other day and an aboriginal lady asked me for a smoke i had one left otherwise i would have said "no worries" but i said no to which she called me a "white c$#%" i choose to look at this as simply a verbal attack rather than a racial one yes i am white she is not wrong why would that offend me but the second word did so its what i choose to focus on.

like in the video if you look at this as rather just an idiot trying to get a reaction out of police then the fact he is black has nothing to do with it, he got his reaction.

im not saying racism does not exist but for me its only racist if you let it be.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Speaking out about racism is setting civil rights back 50years?

I disagree.

Everything else you said had nothing to do with either of the posts I have made.

What is going to happen is more are going to die because they go about EVERYTHING the wrong way. It really isn't my fault.

More who?
They who?
Black people?

Go about everything wrong?
With capital letters?

Whatever pal.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I see more minorities in government jobs and most are black. Go down to the social security office. I think the times of being oppressed are over. We even have a black president. You think whites would just single out one race? What is the percentage of whites who would? I'm kinda tired of getting blamed for everything. Guess what? So are the rest. Ball is in your court, please do try to be civil. The violence is getting out of hand.

You think you're being oppressed. That's what is holding you back. Take notes from the successful black people you see everyday.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The are treated different in the ghetto. I'll give you that.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

I see more minorities in government jobs and most are black. Go down to the social security office. I think the times of being oppressed are over. We even have a black president. You think whites would just single out one race? What is the percentage of whites who would? I'm kinda tired of getting blamed for everything. Guess what? So are the rest. Ball is in your court, please do try to be civil. The violence is getting out of hand.

You think you're being oppressed. That's what is holding you back. Take notes from the successful black people you see everyday.

Are you speaking to me literally or to an ambiguous African American person?

I'm not African American nor considered a minority.

Also, I'm not sure that you read the rest of my post if you took it as simply a rant against white people.
edit on 29-12-2014 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
georga is a bad example. As far as i know insnt that redneck central? media portrays that region as being cultually racist. But thats just movies right?

Lol, I'm sure there are exaggerations, over-generalizations. But many of my southern friends have often told me how much racism there is there.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Just strengthening your talking points.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I wouldn't generalise so much...

But at the same time anyone who denies there is a racism problem...
There is a big question mark over their heads...

I was gonna keep it vague but I'll just say it...

Edit: If you deny there is a problem with racism, you're a racist. Simple.

And the people that shove it in my face everyday are just profiting more and more from it.

No win situation.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I'm a racist but I wasn't always. Now you say it.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
After you admit it, we'll work on the fix.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Generalizing according the the shade of someone's skin is not only a display of ignorance, but a sign of racism. It's not white skin black skin causing this irrational behaviour, but common stupidity, which is apparent in all these sorts of generalizations where we nonchalantly group vast amounts of individuals, and sometimes even ourselves, into the arbitrary classifications such as the content of melanin in one's skin.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

A crutch?
I'd call it righteous outrage...

Oh Yeah? Well, there are plenty who are sick and tired of being blamed for BS they weren't alive for, yet keep getting blamed for, over and over because of this "victim" mentality.. Keep up the "righteous outrage". We'll see where that # storm takes us.
edit on 30-12-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
OP shows racial problems towards blacks.

ATS users turn the conversation to talk about racism to whites.

Whats new.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It's called setting civil rights back 50 years. It's called inciting violence. I agree with Martin Luther King . People should be judged by the contents of their CHARACTER and not by the color of their skin. Maybe the black people need to produce another man like that instead of Rev. Al.

What is going to happen is more are going to die because they go about EVERYTHING the wrong way. It really isn't my fault.

The problem isn't people with black skin, it is the coulture of black people.

Look at any inner city, look at Africa.

If black people lived like any other group, except the middle East they would flourish.

They choose to intentionally live like idiots wholesale.

I know plenty of blacks that can't stand the rap video mentality that is the mainstream of black culture in america.

They act like violence and criminal activity is cool, their kids learn this and act the same, they spend generations in jail and can't figure out why...but it is obvious why....they are being stupid and teaching this to their kids.

It pains me to watch.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

If black people lived like any other group, except the middle East they would flourish.

That gets my "ignorance of the day" award. Keep it coming friend, keep it coming.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

That gets my "ignorance of the day" award. Keep it coming friend, keep it coming.

What is ignorant about it?

Basically any group in Asia..vastly more productive, less destructive to their societies as a whole.

All of europe ....same thing.

North america outside black lifestyle.....vastly superior.

South and central america....not great for the most part...but still doing better.

Middle east is a crap hole.

South Africa...awesome..the rest of Africa terrible.

Almost every predominantly black neighbor hood in north america or Europe is like most of Africa or the middle east....the worst most dangerous places on the planet.

Hhmmmm...who would we immulate, obviously failed lifestyles or successful ones?

You are lying to the yourself.

I can't make black families stay together, or teach their children productive values....only they can do this. They did not do this for a long time.

Hence their current plight.
edit on 30-12-2014 by infinityorder because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2014 by infinityorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
that dance dare video is why so many people are fed up w the police, its a shame that they have to act like such bullies, the guy that was being thrown around did not look or act like a thug yet the police felt the need to push him and throw him around and belittle him. ellen should feature that video on her show.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join